ADVERTISEMENT

Javonte Williams#3. Is he the best ever?

He certainly impressed me. I was thinking Freshwater was going to be the one to watch but Williams put on a show. He looked like Bus part 2! Then again Newkirk was no slouch. He hit tge hole quick and if they missed him nobody was going to catch him. Same think for the other back NE had. Walker I think. He was fun to watch too but Williams is just a special player. He is as good on defense as offense. The only long run Freshwater got was when Williams was on the sideline having a cramp rubbed out. I nudged dog79 and pointed that out to him on that play. I hate to see UNC get a player like that but he is good.

He certainly impressed me. I was thinking Freshwater was going to be the one to watch but Williams put on a show. He looked like Bus part 2! Then again Newkirk was no slouch. He hit tge hole quick and if they missed him nobody was going to catch him. Same think for the other back NE had. Walker I think. He was fun to watch too but Williams is just a special player. He is as good on defense as offense. The only long run Freshwater got was when Williams was on the sideline having a cramp rubbed out. I nudged dog79 and pointed that out to him on that play. I hate to see UNC get a player like that but he is good.
who said he was going to UNC? I heard he was going to a Ivy League school for his education.

Reactions: blackbulldog
Omar Carr was also outstanding some poor choices ruined his career and what could have been but I think Omar was just as good as Glaspie

Reactions: dogs79
I was just stating this over the weekend, that's a lot to even think about even saying. He dominates both sides like JJ, Tre and Melvin Edwards(Big Buck). I have to give him my vote as the best ever at WRH-slightly above JJ........Those two are absolutely game changers and dominated both sides of the ball....

Just heard he liked UNC and if he could get an offer. I just looked back at my post and I did make it sound that way.
if he's going to play college football he needs to go to a football school, UNC is not a football school. If he's going for academics, he should go Ivy League and still play football. I wish him the best of luck but I don't see him going anywhere around here. Just speculation. With his great academics, he should be able to go anywhere he wants.

if he's going to play college football he needs to go to a football school, UNC is not a football school. If he's going for academics, he should go Ivy League and still play football. I wish him the best of luck but I don't see him going anywhere around here. Just speculation. With his great academics, he should be able to go anywhere he wants.
What a life he could make for himself. Army Navy Yale and Harvard. I probably got most respect for The Admiral ad far as athletes go.

I played against OJ “Omar Carr” from rec league through HS he also played against Todd Gurley hands down the best RB I ever played against was OJ he’s the only RB I ever hit that wouldn’t fall no matter what I’d do he stayed up Pookie is good and is gonna be great Newkirk is also but I’m going with OJ.

Jj glaspie wasn't as good as Johnny Glaspie. Pookie is definitely one of the best. Probably hands down the smartest. Those of you
Unc is not a football school but they are aspiring to be better. They have put a ton of Players into the NFL last few years. And as far as education goes he can get that there to. Who are we to tell him he shouldn't go to UNC if that's his dream school. He could probably get an academic scholarship as smart as the kid is.

Reactions: 96panther
Jj glaspie wasn't as good as Johnny Glaspie. Pookie is definitely one of the best. Probably hands down the smartest. Those of you

Unc is not a football school but they are aspiring to be better. They have put a ton of Players into the NFL last few years. And as far as education goes he can get that there to. Who are we to tell him he shouldn't go to UNC if that's his dream school. He could probably get an academic scholarship as smart as the kid is.

Started not to comment because I know Deanna is a huge hole fan but I can tell you why my kid would never go there and I will do the same with all kids from West Craven. Erik Highsmith! Good kid that always did good at West Craven. My wife taught him. I spent a lot of time with him helping with school stuff. Smart kid well mannered. Never a problem. Goes to UNC and gets caught up in the easy way they have. Now what is he remembered for?? Had more potential than Justin Hardy. Serving our Nation in the Military now.

Academics at UNC is a joke compared to an Ivy league education. I'm not telling him to go anywhere. Tons of NFL players? I think that's a little inflated. Aspiring to be better? 3 wins this season. Recruits are de-committing. UNC is not the dream situation some may think it is or was.

Reactions: daagoob
Questions about Williams:
Height, weight, speed in 40?

I would hate to see Williams go to UNC but with the Championship being at Kenan he will have his chance to put his talents on display right in front of them. I’m willing to bet there is a bigger crowd from Duplin County there to watch ED and WRH than there has been for a UNCheat game the whole season.

You are correct about Jimmy Jerome, I played against him, he was good one, ran the single wing to perfection, but he had a great Coach who was Thell Overman.

I heard a former Wolfpack athlete say he had a class where the the only thing he had to do was just show up sign the attendance sheet and leave. There are easy classes at every school. But UNC academics which are now more strengenth than ever now is a viable education for anyone and no its not Harvard or Yale.

I heard a former Wolfpack athlete say he had a class where the the only thing he had to do was just show up sign the attendance sheet and leave. There are easy classes at every school. But UNC academics which are now more strengenth than ever now is a viable education for anyone and no its not Harvard or Yale.

May have been true in the Valvano era. Not now. They better be in class because they have assistants that go around and check the roll with an ipad. If they are not in class they will have hell to pay or be off the team.

Which every school has

Why even claim that now??? They lied to the ncaa and are not shy about it. Quite proud in fact that the lies got them off. It wasn't easy classes it was just no classes with A's. When tge ncaa asked well what about your admiddance to sac's about academic fraud? Oh well that was a typo. Lmao The true Carolyna way! Ok i'm done.

Questions about Williams:
Height, weight, speed in 40?

Speed don't matter as much with Williams from what I saw at NE. He will follow a blocker with his hand in his back letting him know he is there. After that guy throws a block he will run over whoever is in front of him and the next one if there is another. By that time its too late he is 20 yds downfield and you are left asking yourself how in the hell did he do that??

The future is bright next year for Northeastern. Unlike Williams, both Freshwater and Walker are jrs. They have the offseason to lift weights and work out at combines. Next year they have the potential to do really big things here and really put our team on the map and everyones radar.

What impresses me about Williams is not only is he a special talent that only comes along every so often, he is an exceptional student as well. If I'm not mistaken, I believe someone told me he was tops in his school and had offers from both Yale and Harvard. That's what impresses me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT