ADVERTISEMENT

Jacksonville vs Western Alamance

I️ can’t speak on Jacksonville as I️ have not seen them live but only on film. I hear they are fast and I’m sure they are. WA is extremely fast as well. They have been by far the fastest and most physical team of all their opponents all year. They can hurt you pounding the ball out of tight sets or spread you five wide and throw it. They have a big back to pound with, a qb that can throw it and can fly running, and an all purpose rb/ wr that can beat you rushing the ball or catching. I think he has over 1000 yards rushing and receiving plus u don’t want to kick it to him. Should be a very classic battle of speed and athleticism!!

Jacksonville had played 3 teams who are still in the playoffs beat 1 an should have the other 2 ...... western alamance hadnt seen speed like they got all year but Jacksonville defense maybe a question ..... i give the win to Jacksonville they have been in this type big big game hype 4 times this year an they have the best coaching staff in the state ... their head coach has won titles at 4aa Scotland county their 2 asst. Coaches has won titles as head coaches at new bern an the famous southwest Onslow ....... Go cardinals !!!!!

Western Alamance no question and no doubt about it are a great team. Most likely they were one of the fastest teams in their area. However the Cards have legit football players with track star speed on the football field. Not like your typical high school team who has 2 maybe 3 burners. They got about 7. They should be undefeated lost on a last second FG to number one seed ED. Had the mighty Havelock Rams down 15 going into the 4th and was not for a questionable 4th and 10 conversion with 37 secs left in the game Cards would be undefeated. We have seen the big bruising back. We have seen the dual threat QB. We have seen the QB who can sit back and throw. So Cards are battle tested. They have proven they can win on the road as well so the home field really means nothing. Jacksonville defense has a bend but don't break type of performances and have been making big plays when need be. Western had better be in real good shape because the pace the Cards play at is fast and super fast. They can throw it to two receivers who can go and get it or if they hit on short passes one move and your looking at the back of their jerseys. A slot who is supper quick and will hurt you short or deep. RB well you got a two headed monster who at anytime they touch the rock it could be 6 then they put the slot in at RB and he can break at any time. Went for 200 yards rushing a couple of times he played for one of the starting RB. QB there is where your problem lies. Fast fast and just fast...makes excellent reads. Knows when to pull it and knows when to run. He can pass for 300 yards if need be as well. Cards offensive line big very physical and all can move. Will trap the living daylights out of you all night long. Defensively line very physical and can move. Wears you down rotaion about 6 seep and they stay fresh. Most Jville players only play one wafy. So if WA has key players going both ways could be a issue late. Cards should be ready after letting Terry Sanford back in the game. I am sure they will get some extra love from the coaching staff this week.

Nah... WA has only 15 players on their roster & none are over 200 pounds. The starters play both ways on every down and never sub out unless there is an injury because it is too hard to get the 4 subs out of their cheerleading uniforms and into their pads. I think all are about 5’7” and they have nobody that has a 40 time under 5.2 or maybe 5.1. I heard they have one lineman that set a school record by squatting 100 pounds this year. They don’t even execute their 4 plays (run left, run right, run middle and pass) well and the coaching staff never played and were all coaching Pee Wee football where they were winless until this year.
The mighty Cardinals should just send their freshman team up and let the Varsity guys have the week off to preserve their strength for a real game and eat extra turkey.
The last time anybody in Jacksonville saw anything this small, slow and undisciplined was when the Colonel was chasing footballaholic32 out of the stands for bringing her a Coke instead of a Pepsi. Good thing the Jax players moves resemble hers and not yours!

Last edited:
LMAO..
Nah... WA has only 15 players on their roster & none are over 200 pounds. The starters play both ways on every down and never sub out unless there is an injury because it is too hard to get the 4 subs out of their cheerleading uniforms and into their pads. I think all are about 5’7” and they have nobody that has a 40 time under 5.2 or maybe 5.1. I heard they have one lineman that set a school record by squatting 100 pounds this year. They don’t even execute their 4 plays (run left, run right, run middle and pass) well and the coaching staff never played and were all coaching Pee Wee football where they were winless until this year.
The mighty Cardinals should just send their freshman team up and let the Varsity guys have the week off to preserve their strength for a real game and eat extra turkey.
The last time anybody in Jacksonville saw anything this small, slow and undisciplined was when the Colonel was chasing footballaholic32 out of the stands for bringing her a Coke instead of a Pepsi. Good thing the Jax players moves resemble hers and not yours!
If you go back a read there yoohoo. Never said anything bad about WA in fact I said basketball season will start early for the Cards if they show up. And of yeah if your going to make reference to my wife's rank make sure you get it right. She has one star now...lol. You kill me!

Glad I gave ya a laugh! Now how’d you know Yoo-hoo is one of my favorite drinks!

I know you didn’t say anything bad. Didn’t say ya did. I just was kinda chuckling about some other posts I’ve seen. A lot of folks get on boards (this one & others) & talk about how great their teams are & how others have never seen anything like it. They talk like no other staffs can coach. Often, these same people don’t know a thing about another team or any team outside of their area. They don’t attend other games or have access to any info, much less film. I just used you as a foil at the end since you often post about the Cards & often referenced your wife’s rank in the past. I figured you could handle it since I am very familiar with the smack talk that goes on within the military and their families.
As for the promotion, congrats! Impressive indeed to be 1 of only 60 General Officers in the USMC. Much respect. I guess that would make her about the 9th or 10th ever female marine to get a star ever? Very cool. Hope to meet you both this Friday. I’ll be at this game.

Back to the game, Jacksonville is a heck of a good team. No doubt. They wouldn’t be in the 3rd round if they weren’t. Those who know me can confirm that I have been very high on them all year. Maybe they’ll chime in. I actually have seen several of this year and last years Jax games on film. That rushing attack is one of the most potent around. Big fellas & speed.

Toss up. Western lost to EG last year in a close one. Then EG beat Jax. Too close to call.

Think Jacksonville can take it if they play to their potentional but if not western almanace will win im gonna take Jacksonville 35-34

Glad I gave ya a laugh! Now how’d you know Yoo-hoo is one of my favorite drinks!

I know you didn’t say anything bad. Didn’t say ya did. I just was kinda chuckling about some other posts I’ve seen. A lot of folks get on boards (this one & others) & talk about how great their teams are & how others have never seen anything like it. They talk like no other staffs can coach. Often, these same people don’t know a thing about another team or any team outside of their area. They don’t attend other games or have access to any info, much less film. I just used you as a foil at the end since you often post about the Cards & often referenced your wife’s rank in the past. I figured you could handle it since I am very familiar with the smack talk that goes on within the military and their families.
As for the promotion, congrats! Impressive indeed to be 1 of only 60 General Officers in the USMC. Much respect. I guess that would make her about the 9th or 10th ever female marine to get a star ever? Very cool. Hope to meet you both this Friday. I’ll be at this game.

Back to the game, Jacksonville is a heck of a good team. No doubt. They wouldn’t be in the 3rd round if they weren’t. Those who know me can confirm that I have been very high on them all year. Maybe they’ll chime in. I actually have seen several of this year and last years Jax games on film. That rushing attack is one of the most potent around. Big fellas & speed.
Understood you post, its not like the olden days where people would go scout other teams could really say wow what speed what a Defense or Offense. This game besides the turnover factor maybe the Defense that makes that crucial stops, but by film and what I have heard WA is legit hoping good game no injuries, either team with 2 games to play.

Should be as great game. I give the edge to WA because their defense is much better on film than the Jax defense. Jax offense is very predictable.

Should be as great game. I give the edge to WA because their defense is much better on film than the Jax defense. Jax offense is very predictable.

Jax offense or defense is very predictable? WA's D probably looks better on film when they're playing a SOS of 97.

Last edited:
The Offense. Not talking trash. Much respect to Jax. Toughest game WA has played all year no doubt. Can't fault a team for their schedule when they have 0 flexibility with the school system and conference.

Jax isn't my team so no worries on the trash talk or lack thereof. Not faulting them for the schedule, just stating a fact that their schedule has been weak which makes it difficult to gauge how good they are.

Jacksonville's offensive plan may be predictable but it's tough to stop. They have 5 guys with over 250 yards rushing, all of them are burners. Their coaching staff is also pretty good as they have two assistant coaches that have won titles as Head Coaches in NC.

Reactions: splitright30trap
Jax isn't my team so no worries on the trash talk or lack thereof. Not faulting them for the schedule, just stating a fact that their schedule has been weak which makes it difficult to gauge how good they are.

Jacksonville's offensive plan may be predictable but it's tough to stop. They have 5 guys with over 250 yards rushing, all of them are burners. Their coaching staff is also pretty good as they have two assistant coaches that have won titles as Head Coaches in NC.

I agree with you there. Knowing what's coming and stopping it are two different things. I think WA passing game is a bit better, but I'm an old man so what do I know. The kids play the game, we just like to talk about it llol

Reactions: NBBears20124ACHAMPS
As someone stated above, the talk among us adults is fun but the kids will determine the outcome and you never know how teenagers will react. Two very good athletic teams. I know Western pretty well as I have seen them a few times this year. Haven’t seen Jax but heard good things. WA has two explosive players in the QB Daniels and the do it all Christman who has over 2500 all purpose yards per maxpreps. They also have a good RB and several complimentary wr. I️ hear Jax does as well though. Don’t sleep on WA schedule. They are very good. Should be a classic high scoring game.

It's hard to judge western alamance because they beat eastern alamance 34-14 while southern Nash just ran through them 61-20 lol
That is always a hard game to compare because it is such a rivalry between EA and WA. You know how rivalry games go especially when they play each other every year and there is a familiarity between the two. Ea was able to hang in the first half and played really well. However, WA dominated the 2nd half. That game is always close despite the records.

I think Jacksonville's defense is the key. If they can play well then they have a chance. I do know that Havelock would destroy Eastern Alamance, Southern Alamance, and Williams. Havelock beat Jax by 4 with seconds to play. East Duplin is still in the playoffs. So is Havelock. Still say that WA has a weak schedule.

I think Jacksonville's defense is the key. If they can play well then they have a chance. I do know that Havelock would destroy Eastern Alamance, Southern Alamance, and Williams. Havelock beat Jax by 4 with seconds to play. East Duplin is still in the playoffs. So is Havelock. Still say that WA has a weak schedule.
Nope we want all the WA faithful to go ahead and believe what all the gurus are saying that they are the favorites. Cards got their hands full. But you can bet so does WA. They have not seen anything close to Jacksonville all year. Jacksonville has seen two who would beat WA handily. They lost one on a last sec FG and lost they other with seconds left in the game. So sleep if you must. Please take the Cards lightly. Please do!

Reactions: ItsJustWords252
I doubt seriously WA is taking Jax lightly. Keep ragging on their schedule. All they did was beat the crap out of everyone in front of them. Good to know Jax lost to two teams that would smash WA. Not sure Havelock will have the chance to play them if they luck up and beat Jacksonville. They going to have their hands full with Southern Nash!

Based on film I’ve seen Jax offense is predictable but very very good in the run game. However, their defense is going to struggle against WA offense especially giving up 41 to Sanford whose offense is not as explosive as WA. Truth be told, Sanford had Jax beat if they don’t drop the 2 point conversion. Talk about getting a break lol!

I doubt seriously WA is taking Jax lightly. Keep ragging on their schedule. All they did was beat the crap out of everyone in front of them. Good to know Jax lost to two teams that would smash WA. Not sure Havelock will have the chance to play them if they luck up and beat Jacksonville. They going to have their hands full with Southern Nash!
Stop being delusional...you know like everyone else in the state does. It might be a close game but unless they play the game of their lives which very well could happen. Havelock wins. So just stop with that craziness.

Stop being delusional...you know like everyone else in the state does. It might be a close game but unless they play the game of their lives which very well could happen. Havelock wins. So just stop with that craziness.
Haven’t seen either live so I’m not really the expert to say. Based on what I have seen on film, Havelock is good but not great. Of course film doesn’t always give the best impression. Live is always better.

Based on film I’ve seen Jax offense is predictable but very very good in the run game. However, their defense is going to struggle against WA offense especially giving up 41 to Sanford whose offense is not as explosive as WA. Truth be told, Sanford had Jax beat if they don’t drop the 2 point conversion. Talk about getting a break lol!

WA also got a break with having a SOS of almost 100.

I would say CARDS offense is predictable only in the sense that you know they will snap the ball. You don't know if it's a run up the middle, off tackle, around the outside or a pass... Now how do you stop that offensive attack, "midstaterules"??

WA also got a break with having a SOS of almost 100.

Don't hate just because your team didn't make it this far. Appreciate the teams that still are playing and quit trying to discredit teams for beating the teams they play. Nobody cares what you think. The kids will decide the outcome on the field and I expect a good game!

I would say CARDS offense is predictable only in the sense that you know they will snap the ball. You don't know if it's a run up the middle, off tackle, around the outside or a pass... Now how do you stop that offensive attack, "midstaterules"??

Watch film! They run towards twins 90% of time and most times that is to the wide side. About the only play they run to the weak side is lead option. Does that mean that it will be easy to stop? Heck no. They are good at what they do.

Watch film! They run towards twins 90% of time and most times that is to the wide side. About the only play they run to the weak side is lead option. Does that mean that it will be easy to stop? Heck no. They are good at what they do.
I understand what you are saying loud and clear. I'm saying you still have to stop a triple option and defend against the pass all out of the same formations.

Don't hate just because your team didn't make it this far. Appreciate the teams that still are playing and quit trying to discredit teams for beating the teams they play. Nobody cares what you think. The kids will decide the outcome on the field and I expect a good game!

Certainly not hating, but isn't this a forum for opinions and hot takes? Looks like your new here, you'll learn with time. My wife doesn't care what I think either, so that isn't new. And yes, the kids will decide it, neither what I say or what you say matters in the end.

Reactions: midstaterules
I understand what you are saying loud and clear. I'm saying you still have to stop a triple option and defend against the pass all out of the same formations.
You are absolutely correct sir. Did not mean to sound like it would be easy cause it certainly won't be. Knowing where it is going and stopping it are two different things. I'm just reading that WA has no chance against the mighty Jax squad. I think it will be a great close game that either team can win. Both are very good but different teams.

You are absolutely correct sir. Did not mean to sound like it would be easy cause it certainly won't be. Knowing where it is going and stopping it are two different things. I'm just reading that WA has no chance against the mighty Jax squad. I think it will be a great close game that either team can win. Both are very good but different teams.

Jacksonville hasn't gotten a lot of respect on here so they know how WA feels. I think it will be a shootout, wish I could go to it but I've gotta make the 15 minute trip to Havelock and see them battle SN.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT