ADVERTISEMENT

It's official, Richmond Coach has resigned

I for one hope they find a defensive minded coach. Defense wins championships as Dudley has proven time and time again. Richmond's offense could pretty much score at will, so as long as they maintain the status quo, focusing on defense should get them to the next level.

Coach C was a defensive coach lol

If I am a coach with a good resume and looking to take that next step I have to seriously think before I apply at Richmond. Looking at how Hoggard and Coach C were treated I would definitely have second thoughts of applying.
Such a shame that Coach C wasn't even really given a shot by many of the Raider faithful.
CC14, from what I know if coach C was given a choice to resign Richmond did him a favor.

GO RAIDERS!!! Everybody knows but nobodies right...What difference does it make...they will always be competitors and they'll compete again next year...GO RAIDERS...

My question is what do you do in Richmond county after football season? Count pine trees, go to the BBQ joint in sScottland county ? Maybe the guy was like hey I need to move somewhere where there is something to do. Although this program has a lot of history and tradition maybe that is all it has left
Sammyk, first off Andree the Giant, and Benny Parsons chose to live in Richmond county. We have a nationally known Quail hunting facility,Richmond Sr. High is less than 25 miles from Moore County with their nationally known golf resorts. We have some of the best hunting and fishing in the State. And by the way you don't have to spend hours in the parking lots called I 77 and 285 or the belt line or I 40 in Raleigh. A friend of mine who lives in the Raleigh Durham area said on facebook this week that he went to Crabtree Mall shopping with his wife. He spent an hour and a half shopping and then it took him over two hours to get out of the parking lot. A 20 or 30 minute trip to Moore county is easy compared to this mess. By the way Scotland county has these same advantages.

Sammyk, first off Andree the Giant, and Benny Parsons chose to live in Richmond county. We have a nationally known Quail hunting facility,Richmond Sr. High is less than 25 miles from Moore County with their nationally known golf resorts. We have some of the best hunting and fishing in the State. And by the way you don't have to spend hours in the parking lots called I 77 and 285 or the belt line or I 40 in Raleigh. A friend of mine who lives in the Raleigh Durham area said on facebook this week that he went to Crabtree Mall shopping with his wife. He spent an hour and a half shopping and then it took him over two hours to get out of the parking lot. A 20 or 30 minute trip to Moore county is easy compared to this mess. By the way Scotland county has these same advantages.

Not so good for the Quail though

Reactions: Ben-Badd
Then I wouldn't mind knowing why they would give him the option to resign. I'm sure it'll come out sooner or later.
When I first started at teaching at Richmond a very excellent coach that got into some problems and was allowed to resign. I did not here about him for years. Then he popped up at a school near the coast and was considered an excellent coach and teacher. From what I was able to find out he had no further problems during a long and successful career. I feel certain he is retired by now. A message board is no place to discuss personal matters and rumors. I wish Coach C a long and successful career wherever he lands By the way CC did you ever know anything about a Coach Willie Campania at Charlotte Catholic. He was probably there during the middle to late 1960's

Well Ok then thank you for the info

When I first started at teaching at Richmond a very excellent coach that got into some problems and was allowed to resign. I did not here about him for years. Then he popped up at a school near the coast and was considered an excellent coach and teacher. From what I was able to find out he had no further problems during a long and successful career. I feel certain he is retired by now. A message board is no place to discuss personal matters and rumors. I wish Coach C a long and successful career wherever he lands By the way CC did you ever know anything about a Coach Willie Campania at Charlotte Catholic. He was probably there during the middle to late 1960's

If thats the case then why bring it up at all?? The scent of a problem is actually worse than an actual problem. If the decision was in fact to allow him to resign ( lots of conflicting stories) then why not just allow it versus this " he did something wrong but were not telling"

Since no one has done it yet, let me be the first to wish Doc Holiday well in his future endeavors. You can now go somewhere else and post during games when you should be coaching. You also have plenty of time to swing from the taint that you talked so much about.

The only way ole Doc gets in a stadium without a ticket is if he is spraying for bugs or setting mouse traps...

I know of him and his grandson was a senior at Catholic when I was a freshman. Good kid now coaching at Myers Park

I know of him and his grandson was a senior at Catholic when I was a freshman. Good kid now coaching at Myers Park
Glad to know this he was a great coach I believe he started his career at Rockingham under the late Bill Eutsler who was the first AD at Richmond. If you see his grandson or if anyone else knows him please tell him his grandfather is still remembered by the people who played for him here in Rockingham.

Last edited:
I have friends in other places than Scotland county. I have yet to be wrong in this one btw.
There is a (lone) wild-card variable in all of this go_; accompanied by something akin to a flush. With that, you've also been subtly misinformed ... in (only) one regard.

Castellano was informed Friday to resign or he would terminated Monday. Period. He does not have a job lined up.

Hoggard resigned because he felt it was best for his famil and the program. He did not go "home". He felt his wife and children got a lot of grief due to his position.

True and more true. Btango speaks facts.

Bottom line is Richmond County did the right thing in offering him the choice to resign. People make mistakes. ALL OF US. Richmond did not have to give him the choice to resign, but they did. Their choice allows Castellano to continue his educational career. The only thing Richmond can say at this point when asked by another LEA how Castellano did in his teaching positions is by giving him a 'neutral reference.' That is the legal term for where this has gone and where it will end. End of story.

It does not matter what he did or did not do, what's done is done. Next teacher up, next HC up. I'm hearing the next HC will come from the south, and not too far away.

Why is it that Richmond county is in the process of hiring for the most important position in their county and good Ol' Go Scots' name keeps bring mentioned?

Reactions: RaiderTitanium

Bottom line is Richmond County did the right thing in offering him the choice to resign. People make mistakes. ALL OF US. Richmond did not have to give him the choice to resign, but they did. Their choice allows Castellano to continue his educational career. The only thing Richmond can say at this point when asked by another LEA how Castellano did in his teaching positions is by giving him a 'neutral reference.' That is the legal term for where this has gone and where it will end. End of story.

It does not matter what he did or did not do, what's done is done. Next teacher up, next HC up. I'm hearing the next HC will come from the south, and not too far away.

Guess we have a DOG in the race

Richmond will get a good Coach. It's a little tougher for them to get a top Coach than it used to be now that Scotland is the Super Power program in the SEC. Good luck to them.

An employer prefers an employee resign. Firings can result in civil filings that can have unexpected outcomes. For an employee it is often better to just move on.

Many people think a lot of negatives were being spread about Castellano and were not sure if it was not "cloak and dagger" to assist in moving him out.

If a coach from outside the current staff what does he need to bring with him regarding staff or does he go totally with what is there?

If a coach from outside the current staff what does he need to bring with him regarding staff or does he go totally with what is there?

This staff was very very young and inexperienced. All the experience left after the last coaching hire was made.

Reactions: UNCGrad2014
I believe the one thing the next coach needs to understand, is that this job is not seen as a stepping stone, it is seen by many as 'the stone.'

There is unfortunately an unrealistic expectation that Richmond will compete for or win the State Championship every year. Winning the conference is not good enough. Beating Scotland is not good enough. It never has been. It never will be. That is the mindset of the masses. Lots of pressure to win. No tolerance for losses. Teachers have enough pressure on them to perform as it is, most do not want this added stress no matter how much the stipend is.

Last edited:
Since no one has done it yet, let me be the first to wish Doc Holiday well in his future endeavors. You can now go somewhere else and post during games when you should be coaching. You also have plenty of time to swing from the taint that you talked so much about.
I'm even glad ya'll are done with this donkey had plenty of time to start a thread after the Scots lost so much for pulling for the Sec, good luck with your next coach Ya'll can do a lot worse than Will Clark wish he was back at Scotland...........

"This staff was very very young and inexperienced. All the experience left after the last coaching hire was made."

RaiderDaddy. I agree there was some youth on the staff, and they lost a ton of experience from the old staff. At the same time a few of those "good ole boys" you talk about are actually pretty good coaches. All of them were good players at Richmond, and know what it takes to win. If you are such a fan you would remember that would you not Mr. W.M.

I would like to see a diversity hire.........so please hire a Swede. The Swedes make great Football Coaches. They don't know anything about Football but they know how to BS the fan base into thinking they do. Plus, the Refs love Swedish people. They don't complain to the officials about bad calls because they don't know the rules.....so how would they even know if a call sucked. It is time for Richmond County to think outside the box. I would recommend either Lars Larson or Magnus Ver Magnusson. Both were named inmate of the month on more than one occasion at the Wake County Correctional Facility.

Reactions: swett2victory
I'm even glad ya'll are done with this donkey had plenty of time to start a thread after the Scots lost so much for pulling for the Sec, good luck with your next coach Ya'll can do a lot worse than Will Clark wish he was back at Scotland...........
Will Clark is an excellent coach dude.

Reactions: sikner51
As soon as a coach is hired, the Richie Rich panel will pick a highly dedicate fella to research into his background. Of course they will find a negative moment in that new coaches life, and the rumor will begin. So now they will have a seed, and a reason for the season to fire yet another coach. I mean a coach could have a public picture with a Cowboys hat on and thats a reason, The coach could look at a goat ass and he will be fired, The coach could say that Scotland is a great program "OH AND THAT WILL DEFINITELY BE A REASON FOR THE HIRE-TO-FIRE PROCESS"

Its a total Pyromania community out in those hills

It never fails

Dont believe me......WATCH

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT