ADVERTISEMENT

Is ST PAULS Football Head Coach position open?

I would like to hear from Tmac
But then again I am missing Bullzeye.........where is that nugget at.

and lets not forget about Hueby......that kat teased me. I bet he wont do it again.

Last edited:
Lots to do, time for change. What else do you want to know?
I miss you tmac. You have to have fun during the day. You and I have 1 thing in common and that is that we are both in front of a computer all day, everyday..............unless I have to work. I am a power but not the biggest power.

I dont want to know much. Just talk the talk and make me aware of things I may like to know. I may walk in tomorrow or Friday and go meet the one that wears the crown. I have already been given full back stage access

Last edited:
tmac, throwing your hat in the ring at East Columbus?
Any person who does not try/attempt to better themselves or improve their position is either content to be what they think they can be or lazy. I, gentlemen, do not fall into either of those categories. The future is not written in stone for anyone and things are meant to change. Success for anyone is what you make of it. Unlike the commercials on tv, I am not a settler, therefore, if a position is afforded to me to become a better person, coach, etc. I shall look into it with deep thought and interest.

Any person who does not try/attempt to better themselves or improve their position is either content to be what they think they can be or lazy. I, gentlemen, do not fall into either of those categories. The future is not written in stone for anyone and things are meant to change. Success for anyone is what you make of it. Unlike the commercials on tv, I am not a settler, therefore, if a position is afforded to me to become a better person, coach, etc. I shall look into it with deep thought and interest.
If a position is given that only means that someone somewhere has trust and confidence in the coach given that opportunity. Do not sell yourself short. It is important to remember that your salary history may send a signal that profoundly affects your performance reviews, raises, and job offers for years to come. One thing I always say is to not quibble over small things. Don’t fight over small differences in salary or perks. It makes you look bad

Last edited:
If a position is given that only means that someone somewhere has trust and confidence in the coach given that opportunity. Do not sell yourself short. It is important to remember that your salary history may send a signal that profoundly affects your performance reviews, raises, and job offers for years to come. One thing I always say is to not quibble over small things. Don’t fight over small differences in salary or perks. It makes you look bad
Yeah Pa, lots of folk being given the opportunity for whatever reason (papa, family, name, etc) and not done the job, put in the work, given an effort. Things happen like that for some lucky ones.

Yeah Pa, lots of folk being given the opportunity for whatever reason (papa, family, name, etc) and not done the job, put in the work, given an effort. Things happen like that for some lucky ones.
Sometimes when people do not deserve a job, that only means they knew how to become part of the circle in order to advance to the next level. When you become an experienced sales person and you know how to sell the product to the man above you, then you may be successful. But somewhere, somehow, it will catch up to that certain individual.

Getting the job you want is not the correct objective.Identifying and successfully pursuing the “job you deserve” is the more appropriate, and in the end, the more successful approach. So I guess what I am saying is that a job you deserve is a job that is responsive not only to your title, salary, location, and other traditional job interests but leverages and focuses on your personal needs, talents, and yes, your idiosyncrasies.

I already know there are many professional assessment and career action plans available through experienced career coaches. To find the job you deserve, interview local career coaches. The right career coach will ensure he/she has conducted the right individual and professional assessments that tightly define the characteristics of the right job for you.

Something like that...

So basically your saying people should not try and rise above their station in life, just be content with "what they deserve." I am glad the movers and shakers in history refused to buy into this approach. Good thing they skipped the great advice of interviewing a career coach to determine what their job should be. I can't wait to read the crazy, incoherent rambling response to this that swett2victory will post. Every post is a sad plea for everyone to acknowledge how witty and intelligent this guy is, but in reality it has the opposite approach of making you sound like a person completely out of touch with reality.

So basically your saying people should not try and rise above their station in life, just be content with "what they deserve." I am glad the movers and shakers in history refused to buy into this approach. Good thing they skipped the great advice of interviewing a career coach to determine what their job should be. I can't wait to read the crazy, incoherent rambling response to this that swett2victory will post. Every post is a sad plea for everyone to acknowledge how witty and intelligent this guy is, but in reality it has the opposite approach of making you sound like a person completely out of touch with reality.
Good Grief my faithful servant!!!!!
Someone cooked your cornflakes Rare this morning
Today you have become a fountain of information...
---------------------------------- BREAK ----------------------------------

I will put you in charge of many things.

---------------------------------- BREAK ----------------------------------

I want my MTV

603784_10203967404537433_4261352951712436114_n_zpsacbyhj0h.jpg

Do not post any more until I get my popcorn.

Last edited:
Would you say a head coach is responsible for all aspects of the football program Mr. Backthepack?

I would say a coach must demonstrate strong leadership in player and staff development, sportsmanship, integrity and character development.

A coach should also possess strong communication and organizational skills and must demonstrate exceptional knowledge of the skills and strategies of the sport of football as it pertains to interscholastic athletics anywhere in the nation

Ok you looked up a coaches job description. Excellent work, congratulations. What in the world did that have to do with what we were talking about? You talk about everyone talking to a career coach and only pursuing jobs you think you deserve and then when someone calls you out on your nonsense you post some rambling mess from careers.com and post the worlds weakest meme??? C'mon guy, step your game up.
th

Reactions: redsprings17
Ok you looked up a coaches job description. Excellent work, congratulations. What in the world did that have to do with what we were talking about? You talk about everyone talking to a career coach and only pursuing jobs you think you deserve and then when someone calls you out on your nonsense you post some rambling mess from careers.com and post the worlds weakest meme??? C'mon guy, step your game up.
th

clapping_joker_batman_dark_knight.gif

BRAVO! BRAVO! BRAVO!

I must say that I like your personality my good buddy. You have done well not to trip over my tripwire my brother.
I adapt to all the personalities that I have came across and all the new gentlemen that arrive as NEW, I put them to the test.
With that being said, I will say that my intent was to put you to the test and the test you passed. You passed with great volume of surprise back at me. For this I must applaud you and congratulate you on a job well done. I wanted to see if you could see a change in the course of this conversation and also if you would notice how defined the scripture was as you began to read. You are a very smart gentleman

Additionally, going back to personalities, I notice in your essay that you stated quote "and post the worlds weakest meme". Thanks for the opportunity and I thank you for your best effort but I will not jump on your psychological boat ride where the whole intent is to make me or have me to continue to try even harder. The expert on that was the Legend, The Myth and his name on here was Mr.Smee. So as you can see sir, I have been around the world more than once so please Back your Pack rat myth out of the way as I too know how to fry your cornflakes.

Remember that Friday(Good Friday) was The Lord Supper, Saturday was when Jesus was crucified, and Sunday was the Resurrection and also called The day of The Lord. By the look of thangs, you were sitting at home instead of at your local church.

Amen brother!

Last edited:
I am so glad I passed your Gordian Knot (wow an Ancient Greek reference, I may also be educated huh?) test for me. As for your nod at the time of my posting, since you "have been around the world" as you say you may have heard there is more than one religion to be affiliated with. Maybe I am Jewish, maybe I'm Hindu, or (gasp) Muslim??? Or maybe I went to the sunrise service at the Free Will Baptist. What you did at the end of your post was to judge, and the great and merciful Savior this day is in honor of would not approve. It's even wrote down in a book, it's pretty long, small print, pay extra attention to the words in red(they are important), and you can find this instrument of salvation in the bedside drawer at your local Holiday Inn. You enjoy the rest of your holiday good sir, and I look forward to our next encounter, hopefully on something related to high school sports.
P.S. Your not the only one who has been around the world, nor the only one who can still recite the troop leading procedures or quote from the Ranger handbook. You just never know who is sitting on the other end of the keyboard.

Reactions: swett2victory
I am so glad I passed your Gordian Knot (wow an Ancient Greek reference, I may also be educated huh?) test for me. As for your nod at the time of my posting, since you "have been around the world" as you say you may have heard there is more than one religion to be affiliated with. Maybe I am Jewish, maybe I'm Hindu, or (gasp) Muslim??? Or maybe I went to the sunrise service at the Free Will Baptist. What you did at the end of your post was to judge, and the great and merciful Savior this day is in honor of would not approve. It's even wrote down in a book, it's pretty long, small print, pay extra attention to the words in red(they are important), and you can find this instrument of salvation in the bedside drawer at your local Holiday Inn. You enjoy the rest of your holiday good sir, and I look forward to our next encounter, hopefully on something related to high school sports.
P.S. Your not the only one who has been around the world, nor the only one who can still recite the troop leading procedures or quote from the Ranger handbook. You just never know who is sitting on the other end of the keyboard.
+1
woop_ass.jpg

LOL I like you my brother...

No no no ....No Judgement. It was my curiosity which had me asking. Why was I curious you ask?!? Well because in NC, there is a church for every block and brought me a light bulb asking why you did not go to church today. I applaud you for your attendance, and the service you have served. Another Brother in green within the formation. I like when I find Soldiers on here because I can relate to you......:).

Sir, I never attend the Hollarday Inn, but instead it is places like 6 motel, or Carolina Motor Inn, or Cloverleaf Motel that places a warm feeling in my heart.

Anyhow, now that we have counseled one another, as you can see I have been hyped about Coach King. St Pauls football is about send the dogs out.....well may take a year or two. But I have high hopes that this season will be something wonderful.

S2V
Airborne Daddy

Last edited:
It's all in good fun, I'm sure we will have quite a bit of fun on here. I don't know much about King, what offense did he run at E.E. Smith? Good to see you were airborne as well, my opinion of you went up even further!

th

Shhh, you never know what jobs folks had before the one they are in now????? Gravedigger, midnight watchmen, clerk, soldier, alter boy, ditch-digger, construction worker, etc., etc., etc. (just glad they can/will work. Things definitely looking up at SPHS! GO DAWGS!

It's all in good fun, I'm sure we will have quite a bit of fun on here. to see you were airborne as well, my opinion of you went up even further!

th
Lol
Unfortunately I was supposed to attend Jumpmaster but I gave it up to a soon PCS Soldier(at the time). Next thing you know an injury struck me and that was the end of that thought.

I don't know much about King, what offense did he run at E.E. Smith?
Backthepack1972,
Here is what I received:
"King's offense (to me ) seemed very vanilla with little imagination"
WHATEVER THAT MEANS

--------------------------- BREAK ---------------------------
Backthepack1972, remember how you passed my test earlier, only because you got inside my official manual with all the answers. Try it again:

"St. Paul's, like most small towns in NC, is very poor with over 30% living below the poverty level. The majority of the small towns in NC are in the same boat. Sadly, these towns were doing fairly well until the 90's when President Bill Clinton signed NAFTA and all the Textile jobs went overseas. This is not a political statement, this is just a sad fact.........like it or not. That's why you see empty and dilapidated textile factories in virtually every small town in NC, and they are not coming back"

Kings_record.jpg

Last edited:
It seems to me that all the coaches in this region have to play from that same deck of cards. A good coach can make the difference, putting the athletes they have in the best position to be successful. My question for you is out if all these new coaches in the region (Lewis, Pait, King, etc) which one will have the most success?

It seems to me that all the coaches in this region have to play from that same deck of cards. A good coach can make the difference, putting the athletes they have in the best position to be successful. My question for you is out if all these new coaches in the region (Lewis, Pait, King, etc) which one will have the most success?
You forgot Coach Heil....(Fairmont)

I think they will win that conference if they figure out how to stop the spread. Fairmont gashed them with it twice last year. I think the whole back to power football talk is kind of a misnomer, it's not like they didn't run the ball last year, definitely ran it on Whiteville. Should be a fun season, saw the young guy from West Bladen is a veteran. Had an article on him online, says he is going away from the wing t. Interesting.

Didn't give a reason, said they were going to Pistol a la Whiteville. Fairmont is fun to watch for sure and they had SC number last year.

Shhh, you never know what jobs folks had before the one they are in now????? Gravedigger, midnight watchmen, clerk, soldier, alter boy, ditch-digger, construction worker, etc., etc., etc. (just glad they can/will work. Things definitely looking up at SPHS! GO DAWGS!
Remember, St Pauls has to play Fairmont:)

Heard that South Columbus was hiring coaches left and right and that someone new would be calling the Stallion defense this year. Heard he used to call it years ago under Price. Think your young coordinator at Fairmont will have an answer for a big time veteran in the game, S2V? South Columbus should probably watch the game when Fairmont played Whiteville this past year. Whiteville's DC had his number for sure.

Wait wait wait wait-a-minute.....

You can watch the Whiteville game all you want. You know what it boils down to: ATHLETES

I almost said which coordinator. last year's offensive coordinator as if I think that's the one you're talking about was very good for Fairmont. Actually he is phenomenal for how young he is and I truly believe all opponents staff were amazed and jealous with his Xs and Os. This year it wont be any different as he returns with that same young talented offensive coordinator thunder.

Additionally, they have hired an offensive line coach that is already in place and will be a great asset to the program. I believe he played for Auburn, but what the heck do I know.

Last edited:
X's and O's don't mean a thing without the Jimmy's and the Joe's. Great kids last year!!!!!

X's and O's don't mean a thing without the Jimmy's and the Joe's. Great kids last year!!!!!
Well the W's sure took Fairmont a long way. Farther than any team in Robeson and surrounding counties. So yeah lets forget about the X's and O's for now at your request Mr. Tmac:)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT