ADVERTISEMENT

Is ST PAULS Football Head Coach position open?

swett2victory

Aug 28, 2010
Cocoa Beach, Florida
I know a couple weeks ago there was talks/rumors that he would resign. Is he staying another year or resigning.

Does anyone know?
If so, are there any names out there lingering to take on the position?

Yes the Head coaching position is open. Coach Sasser meet with his players today. He is a class act. Who are the front runners for the position?

Coach Sasser has a lot of history in his family. The eldest even coached NBA legend Michael Jordan in his only varsity football season. If this is true, I wish Coach Sasser the very best in his next journey ahead.

sHpf2AF.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: tmac64
Doc Harrell was a class act. Very influential in alot of young mens lives. Baseball was his true love though. Moved on and led a successful Garner program as AD.

Yogi Hickman left for the Head Coach/AD position at West Brunswick......not sure where after that.

Lovette was a great motivator.....left for rival Red Springs then built a strong program at Gray's Creek.

Everyone knows Hal Stewart.

woW, I Hate TO Hear THAT aBOut Coach SasseR. HE Did a great job At St. PAuLs and did IT with a LOt of Class. HE is Very WeeelL Reaspected IN the Coaching Community and ANy High SchOol would Be lucky to HAve Him. HE has a Great Pedigree And will Do a fantastic JOb wherever He ends UP. WHere IS going SwETT?

woW, I Hate TO Hear THAT aBOut Coach SasseR. HE Did a great job At St. PAuLs and did IT with a LOt of Class. HE is Very WeeelL Reaspected IN the Coaching Community and ANy High SchOol would Be lucky to HAve Him. HE has a Great Pedigree And will Do a fantastic JOb wherever He ends UP. WHere IS going SwETT?
Amen Brother!
He's a good man.
I dont know where he is going. Someone on here said he is leaving but they never said where?

I heard he was forced out... i dont know how true but I do know there has been a lot of changes there this year.

I heard he was forced out... i dont know how true but I do know there has been a lot of changes there this year.
"If true" I hate to hear that about any coach. I pray the road ahead is paved and the future set for Coach Sasser. A coaches job is not easy and it's main objective is to produce. Where ever he goes, I am sure he will plan and implement a suitable training program.

ForCed Out. I HEqard THat St. PAuls lost Their best players early iN the Season and Had a KID wearing 30 something taking ALl the snaps At the End OF season. IF the PoWers That BE at St. Pauls THInk THe wiNS/loSses had to do With Sasser THan They arE not Vey Smart. I have Talked With SEveral That KNow the GAME of High SChool football And HAve Said Nothing BUt positive THings About HIm. IF that proves to the CAse (FORCimg Him Out) .... THey Better HAve Someone a LOt better ... BUT I doubt It. I hOpe he gets The ORrum High School job, They HAvin't had A good coach There In aBOut 25 years

Lets all just stay on a positive chain that St. Pauls Football Program will come alive. Let's forgive what is now considered to be the past and focus on what is now becoming the future.

You are right, But It sEEms that they are Treating SaSSer Like Heil at SWett (if that is THe Case - ForcED Out) and you KNOw how that is going .... Not Too GOod

You are right, But It sEEms that they are Treating SaSSer Like Heil at SWett (if that is THe Case - ForcED Out) and you KNOw how that is going .... Not Too GOod
I hope not, but I have not been told that type of materialistic evidence. Were you told this by a credited source or are you questioning the science of rumors?

I don"T what Happened and Basing MY answer oN what has BEen mentioned on THis Board. I'm aBout Through HAlf a Bottle Of EvAM WillIAms and need To gET off THE message bOatd.

I don"T what Happened and Basing MY answer oN what has BEen mentioned on THis Board. I'm aBout Through HAlf a Bottle Of EvAM WillIAms and need To gET off THE message bOatd.
Well I am glad it is not Sherman Williams. I dont think you would even come in close contact with the board.

Get some rest, clear your system, your mind and wake up with the birds. Just as a suggestion, I will pray that you would maybe also stop playing that one song "too legit to quit".

While living under the Floridian moon back when I was 19yrs old Mr. Trench Fighter, I lernt that not even the ocean breeze can cure a drunk that consumes too much alcohol. I quit..

I believe I would be disqualified from the Alcoholic Olympic Competition...

Dranking, smoking, dipping, chewing, snorting is very bad for your health, sense of judgement, and sometimes people tend to use it as a replacement to anger and depression issues.

Just a suggestion, you're not "too legit to quit".

Life is good.....GOD is BETTER

Last edited:
I heard that Fleming was coming back and bringing Setzer along to coach the defense. (No...I really didn't hear that. I just made it up.) It would be worth a "fake interview" just to have an excuse to grab a hotdog or pulled pork sandwich again at Fergusons.

Ms. Sasha,
You seem like a savvy football "know it all" type female. Is there any background of connection that you may have on a coach to fill this position?

Sorry, can't help. One of the few that I know who might have some suggestions would be seadog28 who has actually lived in the eastern part of the state.

I heard that Fleming was coming back and bringing Setzer along to coach the defense. (No...I really didn't hear that. I just made it up.) It would be worth a "fake interview" just to have an excuse to grab a hotdog or pulled pork sandwich again at Fergusons.
I believe if Coach Fleming left Chesterfield, South Carolina, he would miss eating at Pig-N-Vittles Mr. Sleehrat84

Let's just pretend that he's retired and rocking the on his porch every morning reading the Cheraw Chronicle and dranking Colombian Coffee.

Last edited:
Is the application process still going on? Has it passed? Have they interviewed anybody? Any names come up that are interested in job?

swett2victory, hearing anything on your end?

Trench
Rufus, one of my closest brother knows something but he is yet to come forward and release any information.

At the moment, I am as clueless as a football player at a Star Wars convention.

Is the application process still going on? Has it passed? Have they interviewed anybody? Any names come up that are interested in job?

swett2victory, hearing anything on your end?
Trentch
Sawyer, who is my uncle, just came over to have a tad of coffee. He noticed my new Goonies cups and said "you must be got a new set of'em".

Anyhow, I brought up the subject to him about the good ol St. Pauls news this morning Mr. Trenchfighter sir. I was thanking and looking out for you.

While sitting with Sawyer on my front porch on the rocking chair and draking coffee, he told me that Rufus told him part of the secret but that he wouldnt want to reveal everythang to me. So basically he said, that Rufus mentioned somethang about next week begins the first stages of interviews and that the candidates look durn good.

He left me with a hint and the hint was "Nick Saban"

I wus like WoaW!
Them durn candidates will be tough to choose from next week during the preliminaries.

Last edited:
Interviews over? Any offers?
Trench My apology. It's hard to get that stallion to come to my crib sometimes...
Anyhow, Rufus(the Stallion) who is currently dating a broad from Guadalajara, Mexico came over to use my WIFI and abuse my bandwidth. He was trying to apply for a Green Card so his broad can soon become a US Citizen. At the same time Vernon who is family to us tagged along to see if he could influence Rufu's broad to getting some ice cream. Anyhow, Vernon ended up warshing his nasty construction wardrobes with my free water and warsher, while Rufus and I fellow shipped in my private conference room, he told me that out of the plethora of coaches that applied, they have made a decision and it will be announced sometime this week. Following the big boy decision, this will go before the board on 9 February 2016.

I tried to get even more classified information from Rufus, but Vernon got caught kissing Cassandra(the Mexican chick) out back and Rufus took his Arse home with wet clothes. It wasnt purty!!!!

Last edited:
Swett, your boys Rufus and Vernon are right ... I was passing through Rennert this weekend and a gentleman working at B & G gas on the corner of Jasper and I think Rennert Road told me he heard they were going to have a new coach in mid February

Swett, your boys Rufus and Vernon are right ... I was passing through Rennert this weekend and a gentleman working at B & G gas on the corner of Jasper and I think Rennert Road told me he heard they were going to have a new coach in mid February
I know exactly the gas station you were talking about. I goes by there every Wed and Sun. What was you doing on them side of the tracks Trench?

So maybe the week of the 15th-19th, St Pauls should have a new coach in place.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT