ADVERTISEMENT

Is it safe to say!

I could see some local business using some hs kids. But it wouldn’t be a significant amount of money.
Right, this "ban" makes no sense to me. people get lost in the illogical frenzy of "virtue" signaling, until they lose all common sense.

never in the history of mankind has a high school kids NIL been on a video game or movie, or anything like that.

maybe one day when people design their own homemade products, games, etc and sell them with that kids NIL, but that's a stretch.

It's not any significant money, that I see, unless you're talking about guys like Zion Wade or a tennis star who's still in high school or phenomenal golfer.

I am sure there will be some who will be paid more than others, in other states its already showing up, there are already high profile athletes getting money for there there craft and as an incentive to play at a certain school. Its definitely a possibility a local or statewide school with a huge booster club and big donors could make a pitch to a kid and his family to transfer to there school.

It's not any significant money, that I see, unless you're talking about guys like Zion Wade or a tennis star who's still in high school or phenomenal golfer.

Bronny James was making millions off NIL in highschool. The QB to Tennessee made a million as a senior in HS. Archie Manning cashed in while in HS. It will become a common thing here soon. Sad to see it happening TBH. But kind of like the private schools giving out scholarships, especially big time HS in California and Texas and Georgia. You get a monthly stipend that's goes along with the scholarship. It's the new age of our society, sports bring in so much money if you win.

Name Image Likeness money, what is there to be banned?

uhmm, how often do you see a HIGH SCHOOL kid's jersey number in a video game, commercial, or billboard ad? Sold in a store?

I'm ignorant on how this could be used in high school, but how does NIL money factor? Can some one educate me.. seriously.

This is not the same as randomly giving a kid lunch money or paying for his car repairs. Two different things.
School "A" has great booster club and community support. School "A" needs a qb to make a serious run at states. School "B" has a really good qb down the road. Local business that supports school "A",offers $500 every time an ad ran on local website or cable station that features that qb from "B" if he ends up at "A" in the advertisement. I think very well off booster supported schools would have a huge advantage.

I am sure there will be some who will be paid more than others, in other states its already showing up, there are already high profile athletes getting money for there there craft and as an incentive to play at a certain school. Its definitely a possibility a local or statewide school with a huge booster club and big donors could make a pitch to a kid and his family to transfer to there school.

that's NOT NIL, what you posted has been going on forever

Reactions: 87SwO
Bronny James was making millions off NIL in highschool. The QB to Tennessee made a million as a senior in HS. Archie Manning cashed in while in HS. It will become a common thing here soon. Sad to see it happening TBH. But kind of like the private schools giving out scholarships, especially big time HS in California and Texas and Georgia. You get a monthly stipend that's goes along with the scholarship. It's the new age of our society, sports bring in so much money if you win.

they were making money of the sales of their picture or jersey number in high school?

School "A" has great booster club and community support. School "A" needs a qb to make a serious run at states. School "B" has a really good qb down the road. Local business that supports school "A",offers $500 every time an ad ran on local website or cable station that features that qb from "B" if he ends up at "A" in the advertisement. I think very well off booster supported schools would have a huge advantage.
when and how often has that happened? how much is that kid even gonna make off of that ad.. not much at all.

I haven't seen local high school kids featured in a game on a commercial.

IF a local high school kid is in a local commercial and he gets paid for it, I see nothin gwrong with that. Even regular Joe Schmo can get paid a few bucks to be in a local mom and pop commercial.

i doubt it's much money to sneeze at of Tommy's fish shack pays a kid to be in a 30 second commercial. Tommy's Fish Shack aint got but $500 to pay anyway.

they were making money of the sales of their picture or jersey number in high school?

Not sure about pictures or jersey, I believe just representing the so called company. I know bronny signed with Klutch sports, his father's best friend Rich Paul. That alone for over a million. It confuses the hell outta me but from what I have read this is what is being reported.

Reactions: Chopper747
Name Image Likeness money, what is there to be banned?

uhmm, how often do you see a HIGH SCHOOL kid's jersey number in a video game, commercial, or billboard ad? Sold in a store?

I'm ignorant on how this could be used in high school, but how does NIL money factor? Can some one educate me.. seriously.

This is not the same as randomly giving a kid lunch money or paying for his car repairs. Two different things.
School "A" has great booster club and community support. School "A" needs a qb to make a serious run at states. School "B" has a really good qb down the road. Local business that supports school "A",offers $500 every time an ad ran on local website or cable station that features that qb from "B" if he ends up at "A" in the advertisement. I think very well off booster supported schools would have a huge advantage
when and how often has that happened? how much is that kid even gonna make off of that ad.. not much at all.

I haven't seen local high school kids featured in a game on a commercial.

IF a local high school kid is in a local commercial and he gets paid for it, I see nothin gwrong with that. Even regular Joe Schmo can get paid a few bucks to be in a local mom and pop commercial.

i doubt it's much money to sneeze at of Tommy's fish shack pays a kid to be in a 30 second commercial. Tommy's Fish Shack aint got but $500 to pay anyway.
Hasn't happened legally because it hasn't been approved yet, but I guarantee that it will happen. I'll use an example to my local area that alot always bashes in KM that I could see happening. A booster that donates probably 6 figures a year would have know problem having several transfers featured on a local commercial or advertisement online and making those payments if that became legal. Same would be done for other local schools that have good boosters/business support. All tax write-offs for them on money they would have donated anyway.

Nil payments can't include Jerseys or school placement. In creative form it can be paid to a kid for any reason they want. Good programs will be prepared and ahead of the curve. Which I think will any competitive balance

School "A" has great booster club and community support. School "A" needs a qb to make a serious run at states. School "B" has a really good qb down the road. Local business that supports school "A",offers $500 every time an ad ran on local website or cable station that features that qb from "B" if he ends up at "A" in the advertisement. I think very well off booster supported schools would have a huge advantage

Hasn't happened legally because it hasn't been approved yet, but I guarantee that it will happen. I'll use an example to my local area that alot always bashes in KM that I could see happening. A booster that donates probably 6 figures a year would have know problem having several transfers featured on a local commercial or advertisement online and making those payments if that became legal. Same would be done for other local schools that have good boosters/business support. All tax write-offs for them on money they would have donated anyway.

I doubt that would happen, because we never see it, adn the money was always there.... but let's say it did...

Most people get paid to be in a commercials, even little kids who advertise diapers.

Playing sports should prevent you from getting paid?

Help me understand the logic.

I doubt that would happen, because we never see it, adn the money was always there.... but let's say it did...

Most people get paid to be in a commercials, even little kids who advertise diapers.

Playing sports should prevent you from getting paid?

Help me understand the logic.
Yeah people get paid for commercials but how many times have you seen local kids/athletes in those commercials. That's were the change would be, it would be the qbs, wr, corners, linemen doing those commercials, not the drama club students. Like someone said above, some schools are already ahead of the curve and ready and it will show sooner verses later when it eventually passes and becomes legal.

Yeah people get paid for commercials but how many times have you seen local kids/athletes in those commercials. That's were the change would be, it would be the qbs, wr, corners, linemen doing those commercials, not the drama club students. Like someone said above, some schools are already ahead of the curve and ready and it will show sooner verses later when it eventually passes and becomes legal.
what difference would it make, most pro's athletes are not actors either, furthermore it's a local commercial on cable for Johnny's Fish Shack, not a big deal tbh.

this is all hypothetical really, but to me that's no different than them getting paid to cut grass or work the drive through at Chic Fil A, alot of athletes had weekend jobs at BK or Chic Fil A

The star athletes at Bunker Hill and Bandys have the same opportunity at being in the local Catawba county dry cleaner commercial as the star athletes at Maiden and Hickory.

Just looking at it logically I dont see the big fuss. AGain it's all hypothical anyway, as this hasn't happened, and I doubt it would on a local level. It's NOT enough money to even sneeze at to me.

what difference would it make, most pro's athletes are not actors either, furthermore it's a local commercial on cable for Johnny's Fish Shack, not a big deal tbh.

this is all hypothetical really, but to me that's no different than them getting paid to cut grass or work the drive through at Chic Fil A, alot of athletes had weekend jobs at BK or Chic Fil A

The star athletes at Bunker Hill and Bandys have the same opportunity at being in the local Catawba county dry cleaner commercial as the star athletes at Maiden and Hickory.

Just looking at it logically I dont see the big fuss. AGain it's all hypothical anyway, as this hasn't happened, and I doubt it would on a local level. It's NOT enough money to even sneeze at to me.
I agree, anyone can do it. I do think their us a difference in say an athlete working at a restaurant 20 hours a week and a athlete taking a photo advertising for a company and they are paid that same amount a week for it being on the company website. I don't have an issue with NIL at all for high school. I was just stating how it will be done and how it will influence kids from one school to the next. Schools in my area have great support, they would definitely be ahead of the curve.

My point exactly.... you're talking about a handful of athletes across all sports and millions of athletes. High School Sports are barely surviving as a whole.

• Haha
My point exactly.... you're talking about a handful of athletes across all sports and millions of athletes. High School Sports are barely surviving as a whole.
That was just a few examples brother, many many more I didn't name....

I think in the case of the Reidsville transfers it
Was that all of those guys played on the same AAU Basketball team but they also are high level football players but the Jones kid already has a Power 5 offer coming in to Reidsville from BC
I think the Sharpe kid will make a difference for Reidsville at DB and WR and he will make a huge impact in basketball both of these kids have excelled prior to Reidsville their aligning to get some rings with their AAU buddies but if the parents are willing to move and find housing in Reidsville it’s their right to do so hope all these guys do well and I’m sure they will because at the 2a level you put Harrison Neal Flippin Jones Sharpe Al Lee and Cobb on the same team buckle up 2a

Based on your intelligence I've observed, I would like to think you could provide us with your proposed assumption.
Really have no idea. Could be taken as a positive or a negative, so instead of assuming, I asked. Why you taking shots at my intelligence or lack thereof apparently. I can’t help it I read from right to left, it was Just a question.

• Haha
Reactions: dogs79
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT