ADVERTISEMENT

Is it safe to say!

With all the recruiting, my bad I meant to say transfers that Reidsville and Clinton have brought in. Is it safe to say that they have super teams? And everyone else is just playing for a Eastern, and Western conference runner up trophy.

Clinton vs Reidsville in the 2023 2a state championship. WHO YOU GOT!!
If I had to choose to play for Rockingham Co. or transfer my Child to Reidsville {6 miles away and touching the Reidsville City Limits. One School that haven't had a winning season since the early 90's and early 80's with John Settle, vs the Other School that wins every year. One school is almost 60% Black vs the Other being less than 13%, which one you think most of the Players going to choose to be around their peers and other top players????? Morehead and McMicheal are in the same boat as Rockingham. I went to game the other year and seen 3 Black Players on the Varsity. 2 on the J.V., 2 Black Cheerleaders out of 20. And maybe 12 Black Fans out of 400. For Senior Night. Reidsville don't have to recuit, those players are running to Reidsville for a reason. I went to Morehead in the late 80's, but moved to High Point and Greensboro by 1996. I pulled against Reidsville all my life because they were my Rival. But I understand why those Kids transfer.

It's only reason anybody is going to Reidsville is for football definitely isn't for the great city or school education and opportunities 🤣

• Angry
Reactions: Maiden Creek
It's only reason anybody is going to Reidsville is for football definitely isn't for the great city or school education and opportunities 🤣

Some of y’all take some unnecessary digs for no reason. Reidsville has the IB program, which is a top educational program.. I take pride where I grew up and went to school at. I wouldn’t take a dig at maiden school system or maiden city. Plenty of kids attend reidsville for the IB program that doesn’t involve sports.

Some of y’all take some unnecessary digs for no reason. Reidsville has the IB program, which is a top educational program.. I take pride where I grew up and went to school at. I wouldn’t take a dig at maiden school system or maiden city. Plenty of kids attend reidsville for the IB program that doesn’t involve sports.

We could take digs at the Once Was and Used To Be schools, but that wouldn't be very nice on our part.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
If I had to choose to play for Rockingham Co. or transfer my Child to Reidsville {6 miles away and touching the Reidsville City Limits. One School that haven't had a winning season since the early 90's and early 80's with John Settle, vs the Other School that wins every year. One school is almost 60% Black vs the Other being less than 13%, which one you think most of the Players going to choose to be around their peers and other top players????? Morehead and McMicheal are in the same boat as Rockingham. I went to game the other year and seen 3 Black Players on the Varsity. 2 on the J.V., 2 Black Cheerleaders out of 20. And maybe 12 Black Fans out of 400. For Senior Night. Reidsville don't have to recuit, those players are running to Reidsville for a reason. I went to Morehead in the late 80's, but moved to High Point and Greensboro by 1996. I pulled against Reidsville all my life because they were my Rival. But I understand why those Kids transfer.

Happens with every school with multiple sports, some just get the magnifying glass.

Well, it is obvious you know nothing about educational opportunities at Reidsville High School.

The RHS Class of 2023 received more than $5,000,000 (That's five million if you have a problem with numbers) in scholarships to various colleges and universities.

For comparison sake, the Rockingham County High School 2023 graduating class received less than $2,000,000 in scholarships while the 2023 graduates of Morehead and McMichael each received well less than $1,000,000.

RHS is home to the prestigious IB Program which attracts students throughout Rockingham County.

Maybe you could enlighten the posters and readers to this board about the educational achievements at Maiden High School?

No one doubts your numbers Mule. We know you do your homework. It should be noted though that the demographics at RSH probably include more low income students, who with good grades (see below), will qualify for more scholarships and financial aid. Comparing how much Reidsville students received to that of Rockingham County students is like comparing apples and oranges. They don't compare. Can't speak for Morehead and McMichael. It's my understanding Morehead's population would be the closest to Reidsville.

As far as the IB program goes it does attract a lot of interest but most don't know that many of the students that start in the program don't earn a full IB diploma. Unless the IB program has changed this in recent years, some students find the program too rigorous and will drop down to an IB certificate. I'd be interested to know what percentage of students that enter the IB program actually earn a full IB diploma.

Is it ironic that Reidsville garnered $5,000,000 in scholarships yet a quick check shows they are consistently the lowest in the county on all testing measures used by NCDPI? Are GPA's there inflated because the bar has been lowered? I guess y'all should enjoy your current success because that 8th grade class that you said got held back because they didn't go to school enough during Covid (not sure that was in this thread) probably won't earn that much.

It's almost not even worth a response, but I hear things like this way to often. People spout off with zero credibility.

I have been heavily involved with Reidsville for nearly 15 years. I have watched kids get into UNC, NC State, Duke, Wake, Stanford. Acceptances to Vanderbilt, Brown and NYU.
Ivy League schools have recruited our players over multiple years.

I personally know a kid that is making over 50k a month as a social media influencer. Completely self made.

Not to mention the regular joe smoh kids who've gone on to college's of their choice. It never ceases to amaze me a what these "Reidsville Kids" acomplish!

In the future, don't hide behind a thin veil of words to hide what you really think and say in private.

It's almost not even worth a response, but I hear things like this way to often. People spout off with zero credibility.

I have been heavily involved with Reidsville for nearly 15 years. I have watched kids get into UNC, NC State, Duke, Wake, Stanford. Acceptances to Vanderbilt, Brown and NYU.

I personally know a kid that is making over 50k a month as a social media influencer. Completely self made.

Not to mention the regular joe smoh kids who've gone on to college's of their choice. It never ceases to amaze me a what these "Reidsville Kids" acomplish!

In the future, don't hide behind a thin veil of words to hide what you really think and say in private.
No thin veil here FBCapital. Said what I meant. Stated facts with regard to overall test scores and college readiness. There are always exceptions but as a school, Reidsville is well below the state average on all state tests. Let's not forget it hasn't been that long ago they were on a state watch list. Some Things don't compute. Obviously, I hit a nerve.

As far as where kids have gone to school and who has recruited whom, all high schools could say that. It should be noted that scholarship money earned gets significantly bumped up when a student or two are awarded full academic scholarships to a military academy or an Ivy League school. I'm certain Reidsville has had their share of those.

We all know, because some of you tell us all the time, how good Reidsville Football is. Hell, your handle tells it all! No one is disputing the success of football, or basketball for that matter, but don't try to sell me on the idea that Reidsville High School is the academic mecca of Rockingham County when it's not.

What I said before and am saying now is what people all over your county say in public and in private.

No thin veil here FBCapital. Said what I meant. Stated facts with regard to overall test scores and college readiness. There are always exceptions but as a school, Reidsville is well below the state average on all state tests. Let's not forget it hasn't been that long ago they were on a state watch list. Some Things don't compute. Obviously, I hit a nerve.

As far as where kids have gone to school and who has recruited whom, all high schools could say that. It should be noted that scholarship money earned gets significantly bumped up when a student or two are awarded full academic scholarships to a military academy or an Ivy League school. I'm certain Reidsville has had their share of those.

We all know, because some of you tell us all the time, how good Reidsville Football is. Hell, your handle tells it all! No one is disputing the success of football, or basketball for that matter, but don't try to sell me on the idea that Reidsville High School is the academic mecca of Rockingham County when it's not.

What I said before and am saying now is what people all over your county say in public and in private.
I'll add this as a compliment to Reidsville. I know a couple of Rockingham County people. One is a Morehead person and the other had kids play at Rockingham. They would trade every test score and scholarship dollar earned if they could beat y'all. 😂

Reactions: ReidsvilleRam90

Wasn't talking about you. Was talking about Maidendevil

Not to get too political, but at last years senior night in Clinton, not one kid had a future plan than involved wanting to be forgiven for $150,000 in student loans. Most were interested in high income skilled trades.

I heard rockingham numbers have gone down severely. I hear reidsville and rockingham numbers are pretty close. Can’t speak for morehead or mcmichael, but don’t think anyone in the county has a big bragging point.

What I get so tired of is the fact you never hear 1 single word about a kid living in Reidsville District going to Rockingham to play golf, softball or baseball. Zero!

When you hear, I'd never let my kids go to Reidsville. We're figuring out a way to send our kids to Rockingham or Bethany Charter. Reidsville is to this or that. You let your kids go to Reidsville? This is the tame stuff. Happens all the time.

So when I say a thin veil of words...it is because people choose words to use vs others.

Wasn't talking about you. Was talking about Maidendevil
U wanna throw a race card without saying it 🤣🤣. I never said one thing about that. Look at reviews of the city lol. It's full of complaints about high crime and nothing to do. And comments about poor school rankings. If ur kid is a college level player great choice to go there if not ur not running to send it kid there or move there. Plain and simple nothing to do with private behind the door talk LMAO 🤣

50k a month??! I'm going to totally kill my guidance counselor.........

What amazes me is that there are that many people that listen to a "social influencer."
I’m astonished by the fact that anybody, anywhere (besides the kid’s family) give a rat’s patootie about what a nine year old thinks. We are one bored, gullible society. Kardashians😂.

Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
Let me refine my post. This young man manages content for several clients. He's really good at it and is doing very well for himself and no, he doesn't deal with Dylan Mulvany types of influencers.

Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT