ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting Read on NCHSAA numbers are shocking

YoungGun1952

Jan 11, 2018

"The NCHSAA, while “technically” a “non-profit” organization, relies upon funds generated by member schools in order to pay salaries, administrative/operating costs, etc. It should also be noted that the NCHSAA in the fiscal year ending 2014 generated revenues of $7,192,590. After all expenses were paid, they were left with exactly $2,031,116 bringing their total asset value (net worth) to $33,328,318."

"The NCHSAA, while “technically” a “non-profit” organization, relies upon funds generated by member schools in order to pay salaries, administrative/operating costs, etc. It should also be noted that the NCHSAA in the fiscal year ending 2014 generated revenues of $7,192,590. After all expenses were paid, they were left with exactly $2,031,116 bringing their total asset value (net worth) to $33,328,318."

The NCHSAA cares about one thing and one thing only: MONEY

Everybody wants to point fingers at the NCHSAA. But who governs the NCHSAA? Principals, Superintendents, AD's, and Coaches make up the Board of Directors. The NCHSAA staff operates at the BOD's pleasure-- I guarantee you the staff cares about this problem. But the staff can't take action on this alone...it has to be approved by the BOD.

The charters and non-traditional schools situation is not going to change until it gets beyond the 1A level, and probably even the 2A level. Until the problem gets big enough to affect most of the BOD's schools or school systems, it's not likely to become a priority issue.

Reactions: TigerDen2
The NCHSAA has bascially been told "hands off" by the legislature regarding charter schools. The head scratching of what to do with the non traditionals really started when Bishop McG started dominating girls hoops and went from there to the charters. The charters were being noticed as a potential problem by some long before the domination started.

The charters were being noticed as a potential problem by some long before the domination started.

If I remember correctly, BT, you were the "voice crying in the wilderness" of this coming problem before anyone else started talking about it!

If I remember correctly, BT, you were the "voice crying in the wilderness" of this coming problem before anyone else started talking about it!

Yes. Ten years ago I called charter schools the elephant in the room and the elephants name is “charter schools”. People scoffed at the notion they could be a power.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT