ADVERTISEMENT

Injured Raider player still in hospital

Mr. Schumway

Sep 19, 2014
My nephew , Willie Frank Bennett IV , was injured last night . He is still in the hospital in Rockingham with tear in both lungs. The Raider trainer has been in touch with the family. My mother is with him now. They have not heard from Coach Castellano.

Had no idea he was injured. May the Lord God bless him with a speedy and complete recovery.

HOw can people say they didnt know he was injured? He was on the field for a good 15 min and an ambulance was brought out on the field? And coach C was by the kids side the whole time!

My nephew , Willie Frank Bennett IV , was injured last night . He is still in the hospital in Rockingham with tear in both lungs. The Raider trainer has been in touch with the family. My mother is with him now. They have not heard from Coach Castellano.
Thats not true about Coach C

HOw can people say they didnt know he was injured? He was on the field for a good 15 min and an ambulance was brought out on the field? And coach C was by the kids side the whole time!

The player that was on the field and taken away by ambulance was the Lumberton RB. Do YOU have a clue what you are talking about?

Reactions: TIGER63
The Richmond player was #4...He is still in Richmond Memorial and resting comfortably..He will find out this evening after further tests if he will be released this evening or not..Please continue to pray for him and his family........nuff said....]

You've been on a real roll today!

I am friends with several good Richmond folk, and I certainly hope there's no long lasting effects and that he's back up and running in no time. I honestly don't know much about lacerated lungs and how serious they are. A Butler kid had a lacerated kidney in 2012 that took him most of the season to get over, so I'm guessing it is season ending, but not life threatening. At least I hope not.

This has been a confusing posts due to the fact a Lumberton player left the field in an ambulance and folks seem to be confusing the two. I see Raiderstud has confirmed it's #4 that is in the hospital. Tear in both lungs? That literally sounds highly unlikely, but hope he is ok from his injury. Not sure what is wrong, but prayers will be sent for a speedy recovery.

He was the one that got hit from behind on the TD that got called back on the confusing offsetting penalty. I'm starting to see more and more cheap shots and something needs to be done about it. Maybe look at the rules and should be more than just a 15 yd. penalty

He was the one that got hit from behind on the TD that got called back on the confusing offsetting penalty. I'm starting to see more and more cheap shots and something needs to be done about it. Maybe look at the rules and should be more than just a 15 yd. penalty
23, I agree. As soon as the Scots got up a few scores. Hoke County started with their unnecessary Non-sense with cheap shots after plays.

Scots roll, I think it has always been that way with certain teams. I know nothing about Hoke County obviously, but there are teams everywhere at all levels that you have to watch your back at times and you guys are right, it shouldn't be that way. These days the difference is the size and speed of the players. Back in the day those hits were the equivalent of a Ford Pinto at 5 miles per hour and now its like a Mack truck at 40. Prayers for both of these injured young men from Montgomery County.

We had the same problem with Hoke also. I know it may get a little chippy this week also. Just hope nothing gets out of hand especially this late in season. Can't afford to have anyone ejected with playoffs coming up.

That is true. My mom was their with him . The trainer and his position coach with his son showed up.

Here my family was their and you have the nerve to tell me what I asked and they commented on. He did NOT show. My sister, grandfather , and his dad were at the hospital . I guess they all lying too.

A Butler kid had a lacerated kidney in 2012 that took him most of the season to get over, so I'm guessing it is season ending, but not life threatening. At least I hope not.

We had a kid rupture his spleen first game of the season this year. Had to have surgery that night. He was originally ruled out for the season, but he is supposed to come back next week I believe.

#4 Got released Sat evening......Please continue to keep him and the family in your prayers..........He is a really tough , intelligent kid that played a big role for the Raiders.......Looking forward to seeing him back in a Raider uniform when he is ready.......nuff said

Where are you getting Raider #4 it was a lumberton player injured not ours!
2014 u seem to be very uninformed. your own paper talks about a RC kid being injured. go to the daily journal. having your own opinion is cool but making up stuff not so cool. i would at least have a source before saying stuff without any real knowledge. your spill on the Butler situation is another example.

but they were not charged or arrested so you made the assumption they were arrested. i saw the stories on these kids and never mentioned names or any arrest. they said investigation into possible charges thus they were found not to have committed any crimes at this time. again its your interpretation that is wron not the facts.

Where are you getting Raider #4 it was a lumberton player injured not ours!

14, there was a player from Lumberton that left in ambulance #6. There was a Richmond player #4 that was admitted to the hospital and apparently released Saturday evening. #4 for Richmond, #6 for Lumberton. Got it?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT