ADVERTISEMENT

IF ? North Stokes gets A Coach .

FridayNiteLights1217

Silver Member
Oct 2, 2007
Will they last the 2017 season or a Déjà vu of last year and not finishing the season ?
Should be forced to finish one way or the other or forced to drop out till next realignment to get their act together ! ! ! Any agreements or thoughts ? They can't leave the Northwest Conference short like they did last year. Should have a coach by now..... Just over 2 months till season starts. Get your act togeather NS or drop out now ! ! !

Last edited:
Will they last the 2017 season or a Déjà vu of last year and not finishing the season ?
Should be forced to finish one way or the other or forced to drop out till next realignment to get their act together ! ! ! Any agreements or thoughts ? They can't leave the Northwest Conference short like they did last year. Should have a coach by now..... Just over 2 months till season starts. Get your act togeather NS or drop out now ! ! !
And kick out the other schools in the conference for not fielding teams in baseball, softball, etc too. On second thought, I like your idea.

These kids deserve to go somewhere and play football if the school can't get a coach soon. They have had plenty of time to do so !

These kids deserve to go somewhere and play football if the school can't get a coach soon. They have had plenty of time to do so !
If, and it's an if, they don't have a team this year it won't be because they haven't hired a football coach in the last two weeks.

Now you are down right playing stupid ! Read my posts and find nothing to deserve that remark. I just ask if they have picked a coach,what was the big secret . DONE !

A buddy of mine applied about two weeks ago and the principle called him to let him know they were "very early in the process". To my knowledge he hasn't had and interview yet.

word I'm hearing is that interviews forthcoming soon...like real soon

I hate this for everyone in Danbury; seems like they were real excited for the year from what I heard. We may have our issues but everyone at N Stokes were always respectful people. They deserve the chance to play. I hope it works out.

I agree with Bareman though WSPA's the hardest to figure out. I think distance from the natural area and their nature makes them hard to figure. I don't hear anything about much of the Forsyth schools besides word of mouth.

Reactions: Fargo2017
Just announced the best coach in the history of North Stokes is returning, Frank Sessoms is the new football coach. There will be a meet and greet to welcomed him back to North Stokes on Tuesday night at the school. Great hire for North Stokes.

Reactions: Slasher Killer
Just announced the best coach in the history of North Stokes is returning, Frank Sessoms is the new football coach. There will be a meet and greet to welcomed him back to North Stokes on Tuesday night at the school. Great hire for North Stokes.

That is great, you are correct as one of the best.

Glad to hear north gets a coach and that he is a good one ! Wish north stokes good luck this season

Well the good news for North Stokes is that it wont take long to install his elaborate offense(all 4 plays). Hope Alleghany beats the hell out of them game 1, for revenge of him throwin in the towel halfway through the season and never changing things up. Glad to see him gone, we needed a new face in charge. He either ran off or tried to run off some players at alleghany throughout the years with his hard ass mindset so goodluck keepin the players around.

Happy for Frank! Based off of reading NCPreps I thought they may hire Horton! Good luck Coach Sessoms! Been around forever and hope he can recreate what he had before he left 6 or 7 years ago.

Good hire for N Stokes; either Sessoms or Horton woulda been worth picking. I think this time they wanted someone with more experience considering the last 3 were very short reigned. Sessoms will probably retire there now. I kinda had a feeling this would happen; it seemed years ago that he was wanting to maybe go back at some point. Once he left Alleghany it seemed he had a chance. Makes me wonder if this all was planned or just lucky. Regardless it's gonna be potentially very exciting times in Danbury.

He's saved the Vikings once from program death, can he do it again? Time will tell but knowing Sessoms I don't see why not. In 1999 when he took over he inherited an 0-11 squad who forfited the last 2 games of 98. He lead them to 7 wins his first two years; so anything's possible there. Alleghany was much slower but he did it there too.

I like Sessoms a lot; you get a good test every time you play him. Just wish he'd evolve on O.. but oh well when it works don't ruin it.

Now the coaching train's over and we can get back to prepping for the year proper. :)

Jeez his best record at north stokes was like what 4 and 8? boy what a powerhouse, yall are making him sound like a hall of fame coach or something. Slasher his offense only works against very subpar teams, he uses it to keep the boxscore low by milking clock against elite teams so game seems closer than it is. Last year all year long us Alleghany fans suffered watching the same plays over and over and over again whether it worked or not, he even went for it on 4th down in 1st half on our own 35 against north wilkes. The man has lost his thunder, he had some decent years at alleghany dont get me wrong but last 2 have been a steady decline, he hardly even yells anymore the rumor all year in the stands last year was that this was his last year and buddy u could tell he didnt care. He had 2 weeks to prepare for haysville playoff game and he didnt add 1 extra play to his dry as toast playbook. His offense only works if u got a heck of a stud at runningback like we had with jake hampton in 2014, otherwise u got no chance. I predict zero wins this season from north and if he brings his hard ass attitude players will either transfer from not winning and having such a stickler as a coach, or just quit playing. I love hard ass coach's but u got to change a little and bend a little with times, highschool kids(at least most of star players) are hot heads and u cant run them off if u care about winning. we were 4 and 0 last year he ran off #84(best player) for accidently breaking a teammates arm in practice and the team went to s**t after that. #84 kept everyone hype the rest of the year it was like watching bored zombies.

Jeez his best record at north stokes was like what 4 and 8? boy what a powerhouse, yall are making him sound like a hall of fame coach or something. Slasher his offense only works against very subpar teams, he uses it to keep the boxscore low by milking clock against elite teams so game seems closer than it is. Last year all year long us Alleghany fans suffered watching the same plays over and over and over again whether it worked or not, he even went for it on 4th down in 1st half on our own 35 against north wilkes. The man has lost his thunder, he had some decent years at alleghany dont get me wrong but last 2 have been a steady decline, he hardly even yells anymore the rumor all year in the stands last year was that this was his last year and buddy u could tell he didnt care. He had 2 weeks to prepare for haysville playoff game and he didnt add 1 extra play to his dry as toast playbook. His offense only works if u got a heck of a stud at runningback like we had with jake hampton in 2014, otherwise u got no chance. I predict zero wins this season from north and if he brings his hard ass attitude players will either transfer from not winning and having such a stickler as a coach, or just quit playing. I love hard ass coach's but u got to change a little and bend a little with times, highschool kids(at least most of star players) are hot heads and u cant run them off if u care about winning. we were 4 and 0 last year he ran off #84(best player) for accidently breaking a teammates arm in practice and the team went to s**t after that. #84 kept everyone hype the rest of the year it was like watching bored zombies.

I have seen him coach at both places and he gets the most out of nothing. I have no skin in this game, just seen lots of coaches and teams over a lot of years. Neither Alleghany or N. Stokes going to win a state C-ship. 4-6 is a winning season at both places.

Does your son play or played at Alleghany, do you support the program in a positive way?

Sessoms is what most would call a coach's coach. He gets a dramatic amount out of his kids who have always been looked down upon for the most part. I played his last two teams at North Stokes twice when I played varsity we were coached to respect them and him. They hit us hard and we had some hard games. It's how he rolls.

He went 33-45 from 2005-2010; it ain't a impressive record but considering the school that's fantastic. 2007 they were an 8 win squad. If he'd had coached a 3A/4A with athletes and killer talent who knows how many wins he coulda got perhaps. He deserved a talented program to lead but he's always wanted to help the schools who struggle. That's very much worthy of respect in my book.

Maybe he just needed a change. 6 years is a good haul at any job. Just gotta wait and see.

Reactions: Sportsnut17
i agree with yalls statements, but im tellin ya he doesnt have it anymore, yes i support alleghany in positive way, no i dont have any kids that play or ever played there, i talked to many past players that r in the stands at alleghany games etc..otherwise i wouldnt know anything about the man or how he coaches etc...alot of former players from alleghany didnt like him

Sessoms is what most would call a coach's coach. He gets a dramatic amount out of his kids who have always been looked down upon for the most part. I played his last two teams at North Stokes twice when I played varsity we were coached to respect them and him. They hit us hard and we had some hard games. It's how he rolls.

He went 33-45 from 2005-2010; it ain't a impressive record but considering the school that's fantastic. 2007 they were an 8 win squad. If he'd had coached a 3A/4A with athletes and killer talent who knows how many wins he coulda got perhaps. He deserved a talented program to lead but he's always wanted to help the schools who struggle. That's very much worthy of respect in my book.

Maybe he just needed a change. 6 years is a good haul at any job. Just gotta wait and see.

6 years sometimes can be an eternity when looking at a 500 record at best. Both schools are small and in very rural areas. The first time I ever went to N. Stokes I was even sure how I was going to get back to Clemmons after it got dark. Alleghany at least is in a town.

My son played for Coach Sessoms during his last 4 years at North Stokes. I can't say that I agree with every aspect of his coaching, but I can say that he knew how to get the absolute best out of the talent that he had. North has around 400 students and many play 2 or 3 sports a year. The talent pool is not going to be as deep as it is in larger schools. Coach Sessoms understood the skills that each player brought to the table and he did a great job of getting the most out of each one. He also followed the "to whom much is given, much is expected" approach with his more skilled players. He expected 110% out of those kids and if he didn't get it, they were not on the field. Like him or not, Coach Sessoms is a good coach. I think he'll be a shot in the arm for the kids at North. Having gone through a number of coaches in the last few years, they deserve some consistency and stability. I think we'll see the program restored, and hopefully, advanced under Coach Sessoms' leadership. He's a good guy with a good heart. The old saying goes that you don't realize what you had until you don't have it anymore. North Stokes definitely falls into that category. Welcome Back, Coach Sessoms!

NST got a good coach; it's tough to win there as we all know but they'll respond to him....also not real sure if getting my info about a coach "from people in the stands" is the most credible when it comes to a coach; probably the worse place to seek answers

bareman it was players that played under him in years past giving me the info, like guys that graduated from year 3 and 4 when he was at alleghany.. not just random fans in the stands, and when star players disappear from the team where else do i go to find answers, the father of our star linebacker last year told me about sessoms running off our best player. love how yall guys are alleghany football experts when yall havent seen sessoms coach at alleghany just north stokes 7 years ago...every post on here is in reference to when he coached at north stokes, he has definately lost his thunder. bottom line his playbbook is one my team ran in boysclub days, he wouldnt succeed with such a basic playbook at a big school, its perfect for bottomfeeders that dont have many stud players

mainly just pissed bc it was obvious he was just going through the motions last year, he threw in the towel early, everyone knew it was his last year, think it was planned

I have been on the fie
bareman it was players that played under him in years past giving me the info, like guys that graduated from year 3 and 4 when he was at alleghany.. not just random fans in the stands, and when star players disappear from the team where else do i go to find answers, the father of our star linebacker last year told me about sessoms running off our best player. love how yall guys are alleghany football experts when yall havent seen sessoms coach at alleghany just north stokes 7 years ago...every post on here is in reference to when he coached at north stokes, he has definately lost his thunder. bottom line his playbbook is one my team ran in boysclub days, he wouldnt succeed with such a basic playbook at a big school, its perfect for bottomfeeders that dont have many stud players

I have seen him coach 3-4 times in the past 5 years. I promise you I was closer to him and the players than anyone else on here posting. No wasn't coaching.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT