ADVERTISEMENT

Hough High

Has everyone forgotten about Cardinal Gibbons - The 2021 State Champions?

You know, the ones from the far away city called Raleigh that has appeared in a championship game for the third time in as many years, the Crusaders earned the first state title in program history with a 14-2 win over two-time defending champions and week one opponent Chambers in the N.C. They gave all Charlotte schools every reason not to talk about the game, the season, or the talented kids.
CG doesn't scare anyone, hence why the one hit wonders won't be spoke about

Has everyone forgotten about Cardinal Gibbons - The 2021 State Champions?

You know, the ones from the far away city called Raleigh that has appeared in a championship game for the third time in as many years, the Crusaders earned the first state title in program history with a 14-2 win over two-time defending champions and week one opponent Chambers in the N.C. They gave all Charlotte schools every reason not to talk about the game, the season, or the talented kids.
S2V2! What does the thread topic have to do with Cardinal Gibbons. Blah Blah Blah. You don’t like Charlotte Schools, and you use 20 different logins to troll. 😈 Congrats to Cardinal Gibbons! 😂 Are you happy now?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: UNC91
S2V2! What does the thread topic have to do with Cardinal Gibbons. Blah Blah Blah. You don’t like Charlotte Schools, and you use 20 different logins to troll. 😈 Congrats to Cardinal Gibbons! 😂 Are you happy now?
Nepsy when you say at the wrong schools what do you mean exactly? That they falsified residence or that the school they are attending is full? Trying to get clarity on that. Per CMS school choice you can attend any highschool thats not full. If you go through magnet the only schools available are West Charlotte, Harding, South Meck, and North Meck that play sports and you get transportation. . The only none full schools with no transportation are WC, North, West Meck, Harding. How are they going back to the right schools?

• Haha
Nepsy when you say at the wrong schools what do you mean exactly? That they falsified residence or that the school they are attending is full? Trying to get clarity on that. Per CMS school choice you can attend any highschool thats not full. If you go through magnet the only schools available are West Charlotte, Harding, South Meck, and North Meck that play sports and you get transportation. . The only none full schools with no transportation are WC, North, West Meck, Harding. How are they going back to the right schools?
I’m speaking of kids with shady paper work. Staying at their cousins, uncle’s best friends house. There’s numerous! Also the kids cutting grass on Saturday morning at home, next door to the players they're playing against.

Last edited:
Looking at Dutch Fork schedule, a couple games of interest that stood out. A non conference game at Creekside, GA on 9-3.
Also a game against St. Frances Academy, MD on 9-23.
Looking at St Frances Academy schedule from 2019, they played teams of different states. With 1 loss record against Mater Dei. They also beat IMG Academy from Florida that year. Not sure how good St Frances Academy will be this year but this will make the game against Dutch Fork interesting.

Last edited:
Looking at Dutch Fork schedule, a couple games of interest that stood out. A non conference game at Creekside, GA on 9-3.
Also a game against St. Frances Academy, MD on 9-23.
Looking at St Frances Academy schedule from 2019, they played teams of different states. With 1 loss record against Mater Dei. They also beat IMG Academy from Florida that year. Not sure how good St Frances Academy will be this year but this will make the game against Dutch Fork interesting.
St. Frances currently has about 11 FBS kids on the roster, by 9/23 it'll be over 20. They do things more like the Mater Dei's of the world. They usually have 3 stars at every position.

Last edited:
I see that Dutch Fork will return most of their defense along with a good RB. Not sure how the QB will work out.But a tough non conference schedule playing St Frances.

It's always amazing to me how much people share their opinions on Hough that have no idea the reality. My son played for Hough. We made a decision to move into the district for a number of reasons. Number 1, Hough is one of the best schools in the state. The teachers are phenomenal, and I can't say enough good things about how much they helped my son towards his preparation for college. Number 2, the coaches at Hough are by far the best. They are 100% focused on their players success on and off the field. They spend much of their time speaking with college coaches and doing everything they can to help each player on their team. They don't play God like many high school coaches. It's unfortunate that Hough hasn't broken through the state championship barrier, but at the end of the day, all of those players are in great position for life which I am under the impression is more important than a state title. Sending my son to Hough was my wife's and my best decision. I only wish we would've moved sooner for his older brother.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
It's always amazing to me how much people share their opinions on Hough that have no idea the reality. My son played for Hough. We made a decision to move into the district for a number of reasons. Number 1, Hough is one of the best schools in the state. The teachers are phenomenal, and I can't say enough good things about how much they helped my son towards his preparation for college. Number 2, the coaches at Hough are by far the best. They are 100% focused on their players success on and off the field. They spend much of their time speaking with college coaches and doing everything they can to help each player on their team. They don't play God like many high school coaches. It's unfortunate that Hough hasn't broken through the state championship barrier, but at the end of the day, all of those players are in great position for life which I am under the impression is more important than a state title. Sending my son to Hough was my wife's and my best decision. I only wish we would've moved sooner for his older brother.
$$$$

Come on my guy, best coaching in the state ? Best teachers in the state? Please explain lol? You moved in district for the best coaching in the state? What sport did poor Johnny play? Where did these great coaches get him offers from? Take the blinders off pal lol

Easy to be the “best” in perfect, cookie-cutter conditions. Give me a school system that’s diverse (bad word!) with educators that teach a vast range of students from all socioeconomic backgrounds.

“Best coaches in the state” is a severe stretch. How long you been down here? The best HC in the state said a word that he shouldn’t have said but lived to tell about it. They recruit to the point of them being one of the first HS to have a kid make a post basically committing to Hough and pulling kids from Fayetteville only to lose the big game each year.

Plenty of programs bend over backwards to get their kids into college. Hough isn’t leading the field in that category.

Stick around a little longer.

Pull your skirt down , your bias is showing

Easy to be the “best” in perfect, cookie-cutter conditions. Give me a school system that’s diverse (bad word!) with educators that teach a vast range of students from all socioeconomic backgrounds.

“Best coaches in the state” is a severe stretch. How long you been down here? The best HC in the state said a word that he shouldn’t have said but lived to tell about it. They recruit to the point of them being one of the first HS to have a kid make a post basically committing to Hough and pulling kids from Fayetteville only to lose the big game each year.

Plenty of programs bend over backwards to get their kids into college. Hough isn’t leading the field in that category.

Stick around a little longer.
The team is equally coached and taught regardless of socioeconomic background. One kid from Fayetteville had lost 2 siblings to violence and the mother was desperate to provide her son with a better opportunity. The number of kids that play at the next level from Hough would compete with any team in the state, and that doesn't just happen without support from a dedicated coaching staff.

Agree to disagree. What does how long I've "been down here" have to do with anything. A long time is the answer by the way. I'm the only one commenting that had a son play there. I have more information based on just that fact.

• Haha
Reactions: UNC_91
Come on my guy, best coaching in the state ? Best teachers in the state? Please explain lol? You moved in district for the best coaching in the state? What sport did poor Johnny play? Where did these great coaches get him offers from? Take the blinders off pal lol
Are you really not aware how many offers Hough football players get? Why attack someone's complements to a coaching and teaching staff.

• Haha
Reactions: LC3III and UNC_91
Let’s talk about all those kids Hough has… then let’s talk about their home districts. I seem to recall a few summers ago Hough had something like 15 kids suddenly move into their district, most of which held offers prior to being there… what’s that all about?

hell I hear stories all the time about the Puppies trying to hand pick our kids to go to Hough as if we are some feeder school to y’all lol.

but see y’all next week tho ;)

Reactions: nepsy7
Let’s talk about all those kids Hough has… then let’s talk about their home districts. I seem to recall a few summers ago Hough had something like 15 kids suddenly move into their district, most of which held offers prior to being there… what’s that all about?

hell I hear stories all the time about the Puppies trying to hand pick our kids to go to Hough as if we are some feeder school to y’all lol.

but see y’all next week tho ;)
"I hear stories" is always a start to a statement I ignore.

Yeah. Now they reclass prior to entering 9th grade. Same difference long run, but just not in highschool.
Some may get held back prior to 9th grade for reasons other than athletics. If you are implying that the privates are holding kids back in 8 grade and before for athletics, pragmatism takes over. That would be an absolute crap shoot or you have a magic crystal ball. Also telling little Johnnie he is getting a redo on 5th grade is a challenge in and of itself, unless there are serious academic issues. Being labeled a dumbass by his friends so he can maybe get a college scholarship and win a Heisman down the road is a tough sell, even for little Johnnie.

Some may get held back prior to 9th grade for reasons other than athletics. If you are implying that the privates are holding kids back in 8 grade and before for athletics, pragmatism takes over. That would be an absolute crap shoot or you have a magic crystal ball. Also telling little Johnnie he is getting a redo on 5th grade is a challenge in and of itself, unless there are serious academic issues. Being labeled a dumbass by his friends so he can maybe get a college scholarship and win a Heisman down the road is a tough sell, even for little Johnnie.
Not the 8th grade specifically but prior to or in middle school to be older and more physically stronger, smarter in school. Its a proven fact older students perform better academically, socially, and athletically. This is why the transfer portal has really hurt HS recruits

Well I’m certainly not going to put names to it on a forum. But just know it’s come directly from players… not the water cooler. So yeah.
My story is directly from my own son playing there and going to school there. So there's that......

It’s rare that 8TH graders are held back with social promotion. And Johnnie ain’t being held back from 5th grade. Educational research says that retention doesn’t help students.

More are being held back for athletics than academics. Trust.

I am because I couldn't care less what happens at Hough. They have largely been a non factor both locally and statewide.
Interesting being that you are on a “Hough High” topic in the 4a forum. Must be really bored. Consistently winning their conference, and a top 5 statewide team probably makes them a bit of a factor. Agree to disagree.

Interesting being that you are on a “Hough High” topic in the 4a forum. Must be really bored. Consistently winning their conference, and a top 5 statewide team probably makes them a bit of a factor. Agree to disagree.
Consistently winning their conference? Say what! We wouldn't even put those in the Trophy case. :)

Last edited:
You all should just want to win a game against them. My son enjoyed beating your guys multiple times while there.
We're 11-5 against your son's raggedy 60% of your starters don't live in Cornelius school. LMAO! You're a little below 500 program without outside help. Players meeting each other the week before the game, pool house lodging, Apartment housing. Gas cards to travel back and forth to school for SC players. Hough players next-door neighbors are guys they play on Friday. U-Haul account for Family's moving back home after the season. End of the year peanut butter Choke festival every year. (Standing room only) :) GTFOH!

Last edited:
So you only have three trophies in your trophy case ?
Yes, Also school opened in 2007. Over 100 college graduates. Over 70 currently on college rosters. 3 currently on NFL rosters, 2 CFL. 4 projected NFL draft pic's 2023. Trent Simpson (Clemson) Grant Gibson (NC State) Eric Douglas (South Carolina) Ryan Jones (ECU) After High School what happens with your guys? It's a rhetorical question? I already know.

Last edited:
Reactions: UNC_91
We're 11-5 against your son's raggedy 60% of your starters don't live in Cornelius school. LMAO! You're a little below 500 program without outside help. Players meeting each other the week before the game, pool house lodging, Apartment housing. Gas cards to travel back and forth to school for SC players. Hough players next-door neighbors are guys they play on Friday. U-Haul account for Family's moving back home after the season. End of the year peanut butter Choke festival every year. (Standing room only) :) GTFOH!
Hough faces the same scrutiny from CMS that confirms eligibility as other schools, right?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT