ADVERTISEMENT

Hough High

Hough won’t be good this coming season?
Hough is Hough! Player sponsorship, Apartment Rentals, Double occupancy of kids living at the same address, The famous Pool House, Husky Dorms, Come to Hough, we're going to win it all this year. Another year of out recruiting UNCC. Best kicking game in the State. Mid-season (Player meet and greet)

Last edited:
Hough is Hough! Player sponsorship, Apartment Rentals, Double occupancy of kids living at the same address, The famous Pool House, Husky Dorms, Come to Hough, we're going to win it all this year. Another year of out recruiting UNCC. Best kicking game in the State. Mid-season (Player meet and greet)
Knotts better be careful he might not leave with the same #'s he came with.

I thought CMS was cracking down on this
Cracking down on what? Kids moving to other schools Lmao. This would require extra work for people in suits and ties. They will say stuff that sounds good but nobody will do anything. I say open enrollment for the entire State. That way atleast everyone is on the same playing field. Right now some schools can recruit kids and get them in while some who's administrators play by the rules can't

Reactions: Grey-Green and Gold
Cracking down on what? Kids moving to other schools Lmao. This would require extra work for people in suits and ties. They will say stuff that sounds good but nobody will do anything. I say open enrollment for the entire State. That way atleast everyone is on the same playing field. Right now some schools can recruit kids and get them in while some who's administrators play by the rules can't
Really does not require a lot of work. Parents are stepping in, and reporting detailed information on schools and players, because the superstar kid took the spot from little Jimmy. The New AD is adamant about punishing schools severely. We'll see what a happens. I'm 100% sure there are schools that are going to try her, and 100% confident some schools will be popped in CMS this year.

Really does not require a lot of work. Parents are stepping in, and reporting detailed information on schools and players, because the superstar kid took the spot from little Jimmy. The New AD is adamant about punishing schools severely. We'll see what a happens. I'm 100% sure there are schools that are going to try her, and 100% confident some schools will be popped in CMS this year.
Which should have happened long ago. Cheaters!

Is that a rule change that just happened this year? Or just exclusive to "Charlotte Private Schools"?
Charlotte Catholic has never reclassified. They have always followed the NCHSAA rule, 8 semesters from the day the student starts freshman year plus the age limitation.

The Big 4, Christian, Country Day, Latin, and Providence Day have not allowed reclassified students to play a fifth year since probably the 1990's. Other private schools in the NCISAA.

CC no intimate knowledge of MACS, but parents have always used reclass as a way to get an academic or sports advantage depending on when their childs birthday falls during the year. Just noting that the big 4 definitely still do reclass and are typically older than their public highschool counterparts.

CC plays by the rules and goes above and beyond to stick by the rules. No doubt about that.

CC no intimate knowledge of MACS, but parents have always used reclass as a way to get an academic or sports advantage depending on when their childs birthday falls during the year. Just noting that the big 4 definitely still do reclass and are typically older than their public highschool counterparts.

CC plays by the rules and goes above and beyond to stick by the rules. No doubt about that.
Parents seem to reclass kids at Big 4 privates in 8th grade, but the kid was more than likely not there the previous year. Example, kid goes to a another school, transfers to Providence Day and reclasses.

Yeap. Same for publics too. You can repeat an 8th grade year at private. Or relcass charter in 6th or 7th then begib 9th. Either way you have to play the game.

How does Catholic look for next year? They were young this year so should be loaded

Yeap. Same for publics too. You can repeat an 8th grade year at private. Or relcass charter in 6th or 7th then begib 9th. Either way you have to play the game.

How does Catholic look for next year? They were young this year so should be loaded
A couple of Charlotte programs have been young for two years. One of them should win it this year. Unless - they stay young.

I expected the poster was asking about the players that transfer in from a public school and they follow the NCHSAA rule on that. Once the first day freshman year clock starts it does not get reset, eight semesters and done.

The top Catholic players I saw come through the system would have had to reclassify prior to middle school because they went straight through middle school ball to high school.

I do not have an issue with a student reclassifying in public or private elementary school if they will meet the age limit in high school. Middle school, I get it, but how does that play for the student mentally. I think if it is a school change it is probably a smoother transition for them.

That’s the year they met some on the new OL the week of the game.
I vaguely rememberthat. Were missing a few OL when they played Byrnes. Most prople were not surpised how many they gave up but their lack of scoring was a bit of a head scratcher until you found out the circumstances.

Hough just allegedly signed another kid out of the CMS transfer portal, RT from Charlotte Catholic. Make sure that paper work is correct. CC14 can you confirm this?
Yes. Funny, he doesn’t live there. Guess Jenkins when he said all he cares about is “impacting lives” he meant he wants to impact lives so bad he’ll go recruit kids from all over to “impact” the most lives. I’ve said it before, they’re out recruiting UNCC right now.
I’m sure Hough played their card of “guaranteeing” the kid D1 scholarships which they did with the last lineman they took from Catholic after 2017. That lineman left HS with no commitable offers. Oh well, Hough High Recruiters(should be their new mascot) strike again. But remember WE are the ones who recruit and have kids coming in from other HS’ all the time. Got it.

Yes. Funny, he doesn’t live there. Guess Jenkins when he said all he cares about is “impacting lives” he meant he wants to impact lives so bad he’ll go recruit kids from all over to “impact” the most lives. I’ve said it before, they’re out recruiting UNCC right now.
I’m sure Hough played their card of “guaranteeing” the kid D1 scholarships which they did with the last lineman they took from Catholic after 2017. That lineman left HS with no commitable offers. Oh well, Hough High Recruiters(should be their new mascot) strike again. But remember WE are the ones who recruit and have kids coming in from other HS’ all the time. Got it.
Hough can recruit all they can and want. They will be the laughing stock come playoff time. Same story, different year..... Btw the coach is a straight 🤡

Hough can recruit all they can and want. They will be the laughing stock come playoff time. Same story, different year..... Btw the coach is a straight 🤡
They've been doing it since 2012. Same results. Standing room only of Hough Fans, looking stupid after taking an L in the playoffs, and players packing up U-Haul trucks moving back home. How does your JV have 3 black kids on the team. Varsity has over 40. That's not normal.

Last edited:
So the thought that this new CMS AD was going to crack down on this stuff is false ?
She's started. She's sending out letters to kids, who are currently at the wrong schools. A lot of kids have already moved back to their home schools. North Meck had 4 kids return from Chambers. Hough's a different breed. They've been doing it for so long, they believe they're untouchable. I believe Aug 2nd, 1st day of practice is the date when CMS goes hard. I met her at a track meet, she smiles when you talk to her about kids at the wrong school.

Last edited:
Has everyone forgotten about Cardinal Gibbons - The 2021 State Champions?

You know, the ones from the far away city called Raleigh that has appeared in a championship game for the third time in as many years, the Crusaders earned the first state title in program history with a 14-2 win over two-time defending champions and week one opponent Chambers in the N.C. They gave all Charlotte schools every reason not to talk about the game, the season, or the talented kids.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT