ADVERTISEMENT

Hoggard @ Scotland County Round 3

The team y'all beat down in 2013, 43-27 I believe, same team that lost 4 games that year went 16-0 the following year. We've got some good kids coming up, we were also very young and inexperienced this year, looking forward to having Coach back healthy and making a run next year.
That team had talent that game got away because of a couple of costly errors and we had a stud at qb that was the equal to Hughes in terms of production not talent. I want to make sure you understand (production/not talent). The best game in NC that year would have been SC with JR against your team that won it. Not saying we would have won but JR was a difference maker.

If Curlings coaches up both lines that you all had 2 weeks ago to win a state championship, he is the second coming of Knute Rockne!
Go scots I will personally put an ad in the New Sun Journal stating so. Tyler has NB colored shades on. If it happens and I'm on God's Earth you can count on it.

Reactions: NBBears20124ACHAMPS
Y'all ran the ball at will that game, was never really in doubt. Had a hailmary TD at the end of the first half. Gave up 27 to Hillside, over 30 to Conley and Havelock and over 40 to SC.

In 2014, they gave up 0 to Hillside, 14 to Havelock, 7 to Conley, 6 to Rose etc with the same defense. Does Curlings have work to do in 2017? Sure. But we've got some hungry guys coming up and coming back and hopefully coach will be healthy enough to make another run.

Go scots I will personally put an ad in the New Sun Journal stating so. Tyler has NB colored shades on. If it happens and I'm on God's Earth you can count on it.

If you do that, make sure I sell you that ad, I need some revenue for December! I'm a homer, but I'm agreeing with you that we have work to do, but I'm just letting you know that this coach can turn these kids into men.

We're to busy trying to keep the buzzards away from our kids to recruit down here!

The team y'all beat down in 2013, 43-27 I believe, same team that lost 4 games that year went 16-0 the following year. We've got some good kids coming up, we were also very young and inexperienced this year, looking forward to having Coach back healthy and making a run next year.
I was told he isn't coming back, has that changed?

I wish we could get the sc players distracted about NB.
No chance in that. They are on a mission. As a matter of fact they are counting down the days until Friday. Rest assured the Vikings have their undivided attention I'm sure.

And I will stand by my words. Which 2016 team is it that can handle the force of Scotlands run, block, tackle or ball catchings? FYI, "We are not in it for T-Shirts any longer....that pitty mess has been discontinued. We are in this for something BIGGER". Rest assure, I haven't said anything about a trophy..........YET.

"Make no mistake, that day is nearing".

Nothing about Hoggard's resume says.....Ooohhh they have a good shot, except for that Hillside win. Man that just sticks out big time. What's the old saying, "What have you done for me lately?" They've had some recent big time wins and thats more important than their early big time losses.

Scotland 35, Hoggard 20
Sound like a winner to with out the holding calls.

MOTIVATIONAL THURSDAY

15317871_10154790453588156_5808350727425728326_n.jpg

ITS THE NOTORIOUS THRILLING CHILLING GAME DAY TRIAL YOU SIGNED UP FOR
NO BUS U-TURNS..............That Hoola-Hoop on the right side should say it all
"NOTHING WRONG WITH ME"

"HERE WE GO, HERE WE GO, HERE WE GO"

zm1chl.jpg

Last edited:
Scot4life--------> This is for tonight......aaaah yeah baby.......

Go_Scots, wear your best birthday overalls tonight. And dont forget your prescribed eye glasses durn it. Make no mistake, I will be with the Scoties in spirit.

Scotwin: post the Scores

(+/- 6 HOURS)
NEVER CARE FOR WHAT THEY DO
NEVER CARE FOR WHAT THEY KNOW
------------ BREAK -------------
FOREVER TRUSTING WHO WE ARE

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

Last edited:
I wouldn't put much into the Clinton game. This team is completely different on defense at this point. SC may be better than Clinton and may run all over us but it's not the same defense.

Port, the Vikings gave up 300 rushing yards (400 total) to Topsail in the last game of the regular season so the rush defense hasn't improved that much. Topsail has a good young RB but nothing like you will see tonight. They will need to out score the Scots and I don't see that happening. I'm going with the Scots 42-13

Port, the Vikings gave up 300 rushing yards (400 total) to Topsail in the last game of the regular season so the rush defense hasn't improved that much. Topsail has a good young RB but nothing like you will see tonight. They will need to out score the Scots and I don't see that happening. I'm going with the Scots 42-13
I'm still calling it 58-17 Scots
The Scots will also score in the first 45secs :)

Zamir 12 carries 204 yds. Didn't play after 75 yard run in 3rd quarter. we probably rushed for 450 yards tonight.

Reactions: sikner51
Congrats to SC. They have a great team with all the pieces. The two RB were incredible. This is the best RB combo that I can remember seeing. It's bitter sweet to be on the other end. It's great when white doesn't have the ball but then McQeen gets it. The front 7 is also very impressive. It will take a very athletic team to match up with the Scots. From a Hoggard fan standpoint, I would like to say I wish we would not have come out so conservative on offense. Three 3 and outs and we are down 21-0. I though we played much better in the second half and threw the ball downfield. SC brings a lot of pressure and it's hard to get the time but there's no way this Hoggard team lines up and runs down the pipe or wins with quickness at the LOS. We had to go downfield to score and we just didn't do it in the first half. I feel SC would have still won because they were just that much better. The Vikes never gave up and fought to the end to cap off a great turnaround season. Good luck to the Scots. I hope to see you guys next week.

Congrats to SC. They have a great team with all the pieces. The two RB were incredible. This is the best RB combo that I can remember seeing. It's bitter sweet to be on the other end. It's great when white doesn't have the ball but then McQeen gets it. The front 7 is also very impressive. It will take a very athletic team to match up with the Scots. From a Hoggard fan standpoint, I would like to say I wish we would not have come out so conservative on offense. Three 3 and outs and we are down 21-0. I though we played much better in the second half and threw the ball downfield. SC brings a lot of pressure and it's hard to get the time but there's no way this Hoggard team lines up and runs down the pipe or wins with quickness at the LOS. We had to go downfield to score and we just didn't do it in the first half. I feel SC would have still won because they were just that much better. The Vikes never gave up and fought to the end to cap off a great turnaround season. Good luck to the Scots. I hope to see you guys next week.
First Class - 12 is tough and 98 is a load. really like #6 on defense. I was not impressed 1st half but 2nd half they could have laid down and they didn't. That was impressive.

Reactions: portcity FB
Props to Hoggard for not giving up when they were down by 28. Those kids played hard to the bitter end. Big up to the Scots for doing what they do best, laying the hammer down and taking care of business as usual.

Reactions: portcity FB
I just found it LAW
So looks like the Scoties scored in 45secs

Scots didn't score till just under 9 minute mark but anytime you have #34 and need something to happen he can get it for you. I agree with you Port, that early conservative play calling I think killed any chance to stay in the game. The first 2 plays Jones runs into the line, or should I say brick wall, and you can't waste chances against a team like the Scots. If there is a team left that can throw the ball and has a big back that break through that front 7 then it might be a close game.

Scotland looks the part with speed, size and talent .... It seems in recent years they have a way of "Clemsoning". They are by far head and shoulders above everybody else in the east, but I think the true test will come from the west with a team that is similar in talent. I wish them well, but Scotland has been down this road in recent years and have come up short.. This Scotland team seems primed to take it this year.

Last edited:
Scotland looks the part with speed, size and talent .... It seems in recent years they have a way of Clemsoning". They are by far head and shoulders above everybody else in the east, but I think the true test will come from the west with a team that is similar in talent. I wish them well, but Scotland has been down this road in recent and have come up short.. ThisScotland team seems primed to take it this year.
Everyone says that but sc is batting 500 in championship games - I think they have achieved about what they should have. The teams the past two years were flawed significantly. JR was out and last year the defense was average. Dudley was the better team and we were decimated as well with injuries. I still think Dudley would have won. Not going to talk about the weather both teams had to deal with it. If we make it this year I think we would be favorite against Catholic and Pick'em or under dog against Dudley. We just have to be prepared to throw the ball more than 10 times IMO to beat any of the remaining teams. That includes Cape Fear.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT