ADVERTISEMENT

Hoggard @ Scotland County Round 3

Hillside had a great looking team. They were as big and athletic as SC. They had a D1 RB as does SC. Their def front 7 was big and fast. Their QB was probably a better passer but not as good of a runner. Their secondary was fast but small. Their kicker had a great leg. I think Hoggard had a great game plan and they came out and hit Hillside in the mouth, the Hornets didn't quit but the Vikes gained confidence every poss and it built from there. Hillside beat a good CG team and lost to Dudley by 8. I feel SC is better than Hillside but that was a good FB team.

One thing is clear.....No one and boy I said no one will come close to reaching Scotland mouth. I will be at Hoggard High School watching this game........never mind I was just told it is being played at Scotland.

1. Scotland has a great looking team
2. Scotland is as lights out as advertied
3. Scotland has been recognized as D1 full blooded breeders
4. Scotlands front 7 or 6 or 5(how ever you want to line them up) they are up to date
5. The QB will Zig Zag, Knick Knack, Bob and Weeb and call it a wrap
6. Put that Purnell Swett QB in as secondary and he will get the job done......(BELIEVE ME)
7. Depending on how Scotland is feeling, if they want to get it over with the plan is a 2-point conversion

NEXT STOP: There is no fear in the Cape.......Scotland gonna turn-up and bring that light house down

Last edited:
Hillside had a great looking team. They were as big and athletic as SC. They had a D1 RB as does SC. Their def front 7 was big and fast. Their QB was probably a better passer but not as good of a runner. Their secondary was fast but small. Their kicker had a great leg. I think Hoggard had a great game plan and they came out and hit Hillside in the mouth, the Hornets didn't quit but the Vikes gained confidence every poss and it built from there. Hillside beat a good CG team and lost to Dudley by 8. I feel SC is better than Hillside but that was a good FB team.
While I see a lot of similarities between HHS and SC IMO those are not on defense. SC has the best collection of lb's in the state IMO (ALL 5 ARE STUDS). SC d-line is as disruptive as any along with Garner. Lastly, SC db's are not small. They are all in that 5'11 to 6' 2 range. They need to work on their ball skills. Offensively, I agree on many levels.

Last edited:
While I see a lot of similarities between HHS and SC IMO those are not on defense. SC has the best collection of lb's in the state IMO (ALL 5 ARE STUDS). SC d-line is as disruptive as any along with Garner. Lastly, SC db's are not small. They are all in that 5'11 to 6' 2 range. The need to work on their ball skills. Offensively, I agree on many levels.
I was not saying SC has small DB, Hillside has small DB. Hillside has 2 LB that looked like grown men but they seemed a bit lost at times(putting it nicely). I know Hillside was going thru some coaching changes this year and that showed some. SC will not have that problem.

Reactions: swett2victory
While I see a lot of similarities between HHS and SC IMO those are not on defense. SC has the best collection of lb's in the state IMO (ALL 5 ARE STUDS). SC d-line is as disruptive as any along with Garner. Lastly, SC db's are not small. They are all in that 5'11 to 6' 2 range. They need to work on their ball skills. Offensively, I agree on many levels.
Hold on JMAC!!! The Scots has "2" D-1 RB's and 2 pretty good ones in the bullpen if needed. That's the difference between The Scots and Hillside on offense.

Hold on JMAC!!! The Scots has "2" D-1 RB's and 2 pretty good ones in the bullpen if needed. That's the difference between The Scots and Hillside on offense.
The styles are similar not talking about talent when it comes to offense but the elliott kid is no slouch. but hhs like sc is run first pass when forced. No one in the country has two backs like sc i would venture to say so thats stating the obvious.

And Hillside beat New Bern By 6 and Bears were not very good this year so i'm not sure how good Hillside was so the comparisons don't add up for me. From what i've saw on film Hoggard better be ready or it could get ugly but that's why they play the game. Good luck Port

And Hillside beat New Bern By 6 and Bears were not very good this year so i'm not sure how good Hillside was so the comparisons don't add up for me. From what i've saw on film Hoggard better be ready or it could get ugly but that's why they play the game. Good luck Port
Forgot about that- first game but they said NB had improved by the end of the year then they must have been awful at the beginning because they were a very average team.

This looks to be a potential shootout, bit I think the Fighting Scots will handle Hoggard. Scots win 41-14. Was 2-1 last week with the Southeastern 4A Conference, bringing the overall record to 55-8 (87.3%).

I want to clear. Hoggard will be a big underdog in this game and they could get blown out. I have been posting what I feel Hoggard needs to do to have a chance. Hoggard could play its best game of the year and still lose. If Hoggard can somehow contain the run game from going crazy and if they can pass effectively they may keep it close and then you never know. I know SC fans are pumped because you guys have all the pieces to win it all. I wish the Scots the best of luck outside this game. I am so proud of this Hoggard team. They were 1-4 and I wasn't sure they would even make the playoffs. They had good players but we're not playing good football. They didn't pack it in and turned their season around. They make the playoffs and beat a good Hillside team and a Rose team who may have the best offense in the state, both on the road and now they get to play in one of the best venues in the state in front of one of the largest crowds. I hope they enjoy every snap and play free because they are playing with house money. They have nothing to loose because no one expects them to win and they shouldn't even be here. I hope it's a good game.

Reactions: sikner51
Forgot about that- first game but they said NB had improved by the end of the year then they must have been awful at the beginning because they were a very average team.

Hillside and New Bern always play close, check the scores of every game since 2010, all but two were one score games.

They lost their Head Coach and Offensive Coordinator to begin the season and they played Hillside, West Craven, Havelock and Jacksonville to start the year, 3 of those 4 are still playing. Bears will be pretty good next year.

Hillside and New Bern always play close, check the scores of every game since 2010, all but two were one score games.

They lost their Head Coach and Offensive Coordinator to begin the season and they played Hillside, West Craven, Havelock and Jacksonville to start the year, 3 of those 4 are still playing. Bears will be pretty good next year.
Your Bears came a long way too. Had NB drawn the #1 or #2 seed from their conf they too may be in the 3rd round having turned their season around. Those coaches and kids deserve a lot of credit.

stop whining go back in 2 da LOSER'S LOUNGR,, ALWAYS CRYINGGGGGGG.

If Hoggard can somehow contain the run game .
Either they can or cannot
Either they will or will not
Either it will happen or it will not

Nothing in between

DO NOT COME TO PATE WITH A "MAYBE" MINDSET

"We are not in it for T-Shirts any longer....that pitty mess has been discontinued. We are in this for something BIGGER"

58-17 SCOTS
WARNING:(7-0 Scots in the first 45sec)

or07b7.jpg

Last edited:
Either they can or cannot
Either they will or will not
Either it will happen or it will not

Nothing in between

DO NOT COME TO PATE WITH A "MAYBE" MINDSET

"We are not in it for T-Shirts any longer....that pitty mess has been discontinued. We are in this for something BIGGER"

58-17 SCOTS
WARNING:(7-0 Scots in the first 45sec)

or07b7.jpg
HEY TYLER12 and da rest of that crowd of bears, DA SCOTS R HERE and yall r playing HORSE n DA GYM, GOT 2 LVE IT.

S2V,
You are the only one who has said "maybe".
If Hoggard can somehow contain the run game .-----------> All those equal "UNSURE", "MAYBE", "IFFY"

HEY TYLER12 and da rest of that crowd of bears, DA SCOTS R HERE and yall r playing HORSE n DA GYM, GOT 2 LVE IT.
This crowed better come to Pate to play or else the Scoties will sing "GET IT UP JINGLE HORSE PICK UP YOUR FEET"

S2V you going to make an appearance at Pate again. Ill be up around row R,S
In middle
Scotwin
As long as Go Scots is with the family, I will be with the family in the stands. MAKE NO MISTAKE I still have to see though cause my daddy once said, "son, you better listen to your old lady before going out with the boys"

Last edited:

I still stand by my statement. I wasn't trying to explain why. FYI those two you mentioned can't tackle, block, run or catch a ball on friday nights. I would venture NB maybe being 1 game better with them and that would have been the Conley game with that putrid defense.

I still stand by my statement. I wasn't trying to explain why. FYI those two you mentioned can't tackle, block, run or catch a ball on friday nights. I would venture NB maybe being 1 game better with them and that would have been the Conley game with that putrid defense.

And I will stand by mine. Which two teams I mentioned can't run, block, tackle or catch a ball? FYI, I said Hillside, Havelock, Jacksonville and West Craven, nothing about Conley or Rose.

And I will stand by mine. Which two teams I mentioned can't run, block, tackle or catch a ball? FYI, I said Hillside, Havelock, Jacksonville and West Craven, nothing about Conley or Rose.
your coach and oc is who I'm talking about - follow me. You basically said that was part of the reason and I'm saying when did coaches start playing. Maybe you get one more win. That's it man sorry just basing it on what i saw 2 friday's ago. A lot of work to be done in NB and it needs to start up front on both sides of the ball. Thats not hating its just a fact that anyone that has seen them play would make.

your coach and oc is who I'm talking about - follow me. You basically said that was part of the reason and I'm saying when did coaches start playing. Maybe you get one more win. That's it man sorry just basing it on what i saw 2 friday's ago. A lot of work to be done in NB and it needs to start up front on both sides of the ball. Thats not hating its just a fact that anyone that has seen them play would make.

A coach that has been around the program for 10 years and has 3 rings carries a lot of weight. I guess you would have to know the man in order to understand. Didn't say you were hating, they need to get older and coached up better, that will happen next year. New Bern couldn't stop many people in 2013, with the same players, they went 16-0 the following year. We have a strange way of doing things around here but it gets done.

If Curlings means as much to New Bern's program as some say that he does, they must be paying him a boatload of money.

If Curlings means as much to New Bern's program as some say that he does, they must be paying him a boatload of money.

He's still here. I assure you he is what we say he is. One of the finest men I've ever met. He keeps in contact with every man he's ever coached, his door is always open.

I don't care what he has done that team I saw is a long way from beating really good teams. He might be a miracle worker but the team that Hughes was on and the one that beat us down there I could coach those kids to get to the finals. There was talent everywhere. What I saw 2 weeks ago is not even in the same area code and anybody that saw those teams would agree. They wouldn't beat SC in the next 4 years based on what I saw. There must be some damn good 9th and 10th graders that are waiting to come up. I saw maybe one player that could crack SC's starting line-up. Thats not a reload thats and overhaul that needs to take place. I hope they do it I prefer a good NB just like I prefer a good RC team. Not a lot of joy of winning games where there is a tremendous difference in talent.

No one is talking about him as a person or a coach to be honest I'm talking about the product I saw on the field. They looked the part but they are a long way from playing the part. I bet he is a great man. From all accounts Bailey is a good man so that is not the talking point.

The team y'all beat down in 2013, 43-27 I believe, same team that lost 4 games that year went 16-0 the following year. We've got some good kids coming up, we were also very young and inexperienced this year, looking forward to having Coach back healthy and making a run next year.

If Curlings coaches up both lines that you all had 2 weeks ago to win a state championship, he is the second coming of Knute Rockne!

If Curlings coaches up both lines that you all had 2 weeks ago to win a state championship, he is the second coming of Knute Rockne!

He's done it before. Gotta get the kids motivated and buy in to what he's preaching.

2013 defense gave up a ton of points to good teams, gave up I think like 6-7 points a game in 2014. Line play is his speciality.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT