ADVERTISEMENT

High School Football to begin in February

You guys in the mountains have 1A ball under control in the state. Back in 2014 I believe it was we Whiteville was the #2 seed in West. We played Mitchell first round,Cherokee 2 round ,Murphy 3 round. Murphy game was good until second half,they just ran it down our throats. We lost. They also brought 3 charterd busses,alot of fans for 8 hour ride I was told. I would like the chance to go play in mountains sometime. SMC is a class act.

You guys in the mountains have 1A ball under control in the state. Back in 2014 I believe it was we Whiteville was the #2 seed in West. We played Mitchell first round,Cherokee 2 round ,Murphy 3 round. Murphy game was good until second half,they just ran it down our throats. We lost. They also brought 3 charterd busses,alot of fans for 8 hour ride I was told. I would like the chance to go play in mountains sometime. SMC is a class act.
Murphy has never played Whiteville in football. Swain played Whiteville in 2014 though.

I'm sure that Murphy has never played Whiteville, in football at least.

Murphy did play Whiteville in the 1A baseball state championship series in 2017.

I watched the Mountain Heritage and Whiteville play a few years back at Mountain Heritage in the playoffs.

Reactions: mbdfan
Yes I was at the Baseball champ. in Burlington in 17. It was Swain we played not Murphy. They had a white kid tough as nails running football that night. Forgive my memory I've had 2 heart attacks in last 2 years.

Reactions: BK13T-$
I watched the Mountain Heritage and Whiteville play a few years back at Mountain Heritage in the playoffs.
I watched Murphy play Whiteville in the state title series. Murphy had a team that probably could have won the title a lot of years (and they did win it the next year) but Whiteville and especially Mackenzie Gore were so good.

Gore is easily the best high school baseball player I've seen in person.

Last edited:
I watched Murphy play Whiteville in the state title series. Murphy had a team that year could have won the title a lot of years (and they did win it the next year) but Whiteville and especially Mackenzie Gore were so good.

Gore is easily the best high school baseball player I've ever seen in person.

I watched Murphy play Whiteville in the state title series. Murphy had a team that year could have won the title a lot of years (and they did win it the next year) but Whiteville and especially Mackenzie Gore were so good.

Gore is easily the best high school baseball player I've ever seen in person.
yes Mckensie the best I've seen. Murphy play Whiteville on year and West Columbus one year in baseball. I was there in Burlington 3 years ago Murphy won State title. Whiteville beat them year before I believe.

Reactions: mbdfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT