ADVERTISEMENT

High School Football to begin in February

So basketball in October. That’s an inside sport. Not sure there will be basketball or other winter sports.

Can a team from NC play teams from other states ex: Virginia? Because if everyone in NC is playing 7 games for the season then Mount Airy can't play North Surry, Surry Central, West Stokes, Starmount, Elkin, or Alleghany because those teams are in conferences with 8 member schools in there and I'd figure that those teams would just play all their conference games for a total of 7 games. Mount Airy I bet will keep Reidsville as they play in a conference where 5 schools play football. And the closest thing to Mount Airy, as far as I know, that wouldn't have any interference would be to go to Virginia and play a Carroll County or a Galax or something like that.

Last edited:
Can a team from NC play teams from other states ex: Virginia? Because if everyone in NC is playing 7 games for the season then Mount Airy can't play North Surry, Surry Central, West Stokes, Starmount, Elkin, or Alleghany because those teams are in conferences with 8 member schools in there and I'd figure that those teams would just play all their conference games for a total of 7 games. Mount Airy I bet will keep Reidsville as they play in a conference where 5 schools play football. And the closest thing to Mount Airy, as far as I know, that wouldn't have any interference would be to go to Virginia and play a Carroll County or a Galax or something like that.

No team gets more than 7 games regular season. All other sports get like 14 events.

It's the same with the Western Mountain .They will have eight conference games ,will have to figure out how they drop one.Plus puts Pisgah Tuscola game in doubt.

No team gets more than 7 games regular season. All other sports get like 14 events.

They maybe taking the college route and just playing conf. games (7/14) being that the avg conf has atleast 8 teams. For those with less than 8 teams they'll possibly have to play a team twice

Reactions: RD28327
Any Seniors that will sit out their Senior year to enroll in early College? To get ready for the Freshman year of College football. It has already happen to other programs.

Reactions: Raiders Rollin
After looking at what was said, football will only play 7 games, do these have to be conference games? What if the rival is in another conference, schools will want that gate! Will this turn into just schedule who you can?

After looking at what was said, football will only play 7 games, do these have to be conference games? What if the rival is in another conference, schools will want that gate! Will this turn into just schedule who you can?

Be interesting to see how much of a gate there will be. Indiana only allowing 250 fans at their games. Of course a lot can change in 6 1/2 months. Guess we will see.

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
Play 5 conference games and leave room for 2 non conference games. Teams can choose to fill those 2 non conference games with conference games if they want, they just won't count as conference.

I think in a split conference where it works you should play the other teams in your classification and then fill the rest of the games with the other classification. It would be insane for the MVAC to play 5 games but Wilkes Central to draw all 4 1A teams and then 1 2A team.

I could also see the mountain valley just saying conference games only. I'd assume they would have that option. That is a really solid conference for gates. Most teams travel fairly well.

Reactions: LetsGetIt7
What about conferences that have 9 teams in them, how do you determine a conference champ in 7 games?
Guess we’ll find out soon. Thomasville is in a ten team conference. I believe they met yesterday to figure it out. No equitable way to do it, but I’m sure they’ll do their best.

SMC will have to play 1 nonconference game or play a extra conference game.

Guess we’ll find out soon. Thomasville is in a ten team conference. I believe they met yesterday to figure it out. No equitable way to do it, but I’m sure they’ll do their best.

They should split that conference up into 2 divisions. Play 4 conference games then the last week of the season seed for finishing order. The 1 seeds should play for 1st and 2nd, 2s for 3rd and 4th, etc.

Some conferences can just play x amount. Random draw for games. Top win percentage gets 1 seed. If some teams don't play then it is what it is. Can't do anything about it.

They should split that conference up into 2 divisions. Play 4 conference games then the last week of the season seed for finishing order. The 1 seeds should play for 1st and 2nd, 2s for 3rd and 4th, etc.

Some conferences can just play x amount. Random draw for games. Top win percentage gets 1 seed. If some teams don't play then it is what it is. Can't do anything about it.

That is what I was thinking would be a good solution there, too

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
I've been to Avery co. some years ago for playoffs. In Nov. Cold as heck,after 9 pm it was 15 degrees,our guys can't play in that weather we used to 30s or so for our coldest weather here in Columbus County.

Reactions: Mhsneer
Sometimes...its hit and miss with weather these days. At Murphy last season was the coldest and worst field conditions for robbinsville last season.
The slow field in February could hurt the Knights with all the speed they have this year...unless the field is frozen, then I imagine that would be a pretty fast field..

Play 5 conference games and leave room for 2 non conference games. Teams can choose to fill those 2 non conference games with conference games if they want, they just won't count as conference.

I think in a split conference where it works you should play the other teams in your classification and then fill the rest of the games with the other classification. It would be insane for the MVAC to play 5 games but Wilkes Central to draw all 4 1A teams and then 1 2A team.

I could also see the mountain valley just saying conference games only. I'd assume they would have that option. That is a really solid conference for gates. Most teams travel fairly well.

The nice thing about the MVAC is it is an 8 team league, so if they decide to play all their league games, they would not have to find any games. But, they just as easily drop a conference game to find something else if they are allowed to do that.

Last edited:
The nice thing about the MVAC is it is an 7 team league, so if they decide to play all their league games, they would only be forced to find 1 non-conference. For schools that are in these larger or smaller conferences this is gonna be a challenge to find games or deciding which games to cut.
I thought MVAC had 8 team in it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT