ADVERTISEMENT

High School Football America Top 100 - 10/25/23

mrhonda

Nov 12, 2012
Four teams from North Carolina are in the High School Football America Top 100 this week.

#44 - Butler 8-1

#87 - Providence Day 8-1

#89 - Grimsley 9-0

#99 - Weddington 8-1

PD would struggle with a team that has very strong line play on either side of the ball.

If Butler is 44 where is Rolesville which they lost to although Butler was short several players that game. That brings Grimsley into the equation which then beat Rolesville decisively.

Are there really any elite, strong teams in NC this season? Are there any teams that have a niche that makes them a favorite against most other elite teams? Is there a team that is so well rounded, deep, and talented that they are a nationally elite squad?

Providence Day's passing game is off the charts, probably the best group of receivers I have seen on a high school team but when there is little time to throw the patterns don't develop, receivers are not open, and the QB is in trouble.

It appears to me over the last several years elite teams have gotten even stronger with players moving from out of state, players coming to a high school team from a travel 7 on 7, private schools becoming stronger by being more aggressive brining in players later in their careers, et al. NC may have fell off a bit on the elite teams due to this not being as prevalent here.

Nationally PD would struggle with depth. They have some very talented players but going both ways at that level would be tough

Reactions: btango
PD would struggle with a team that has very strong line play on either side of the ball.

If Butler is 44 where is Rolesville which they lost to although Butler was short several players that game. That brings Grimsley into the equation which then beat Rolesville decisively.

Are there really any elite, strong teams in NC this season? Are there any teams that have a niche that makes them a favorite against most other elite teams? Is there a team that is so well rounded, deep, and talented that they are a nationally elite squad?

Providence Day's passing game is off the charts, probably the best group of receivers I have seen on a high school team but when there is little time to throw the patterns don't develop, receivers are not open, and the QB is in trouble.

It appears to me over the last several years elite teams have gotten even stronger with players moving from out of state, players coming to a high school team from a travel 7 on 7, private schools becoming stronger by being more aggressive brining in players later in their careers, et al. NC may have fell off a bit on the elite teams due to this not being as prevalent here.
I agree. I don't see any true elite teams in NC that might cause one to point to them and say, the championship goes through that team. Actually, I think NC is a bit down this year. Even with the Charlotte teams, I don't see any team that one would think "should" win states.

To me, the jury is still out on Grimsley. Yes, they have the one win against Rolesville, but the rest of their schedule, mainly due to conference affiliation, has left much to be desired. I think we'll get a better guage on them when the playoffs start.

I also agree regarding Providence Day. They had a game against Catholic, but their schedule hasn't really been all that tough, again, due to the conference they are in. Rabun Gap kind of exposed their line play.

NC has a few good teams but no elite teams at the state level. At the national level? Neh.

Reactions: onioncfb
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT