ADVERTISEMENT

Hickory

flyrod5518

Aug 5, 2019
It is sounding like they have their man but are keeping the name close and not releasing too many details. I believe there is a school board meeting tonight. Anyone hearing a name?

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Hickory poor Hickory. I feel for them to a degree( I was once a St Stephens coach so I do not feel total sadness for them). So a future Hall of fame coach could not get them going. It has seems like 20 years since Hickory has been relevant on a conference stage or state stage. What it going on there? Has the talent dried up? have people moved out to other schools in the area? Or is it like so many other once proud programs whos time has come to an end? Sometimes it is what it is. Now a good coach can do good things just curious on who that will be

Last edited:
Hickory poor Hickory. I feel for them to a degree( I was once a St Stephens coach so I do not feel total sadness for them). So a future Hall of fame coach could not get them going. It has seems like 20 years since Hickory has been relevant on a conference stage or state stage. What it going on there? Has the talent dried up? have people moved out to other schools in the area? Or is it like so many other once proud programs whos time has come to an end? Sometimes it is what it is. Now a good coach can do good things just curious on who that will be
Coach Stone has won a every stop. I was surprised when he didn’t turn them around.

Reactions: sammyk
Coach Stone has won a every stop. I was surprised when he didn’t turn them around.
I believe he didn’t have the fan support and Many parents weren’t happy with what he did with the Jv from what I heard from a reliable source from that hickory area .

It is sounding like they have their man but are keeping the name close and not releasing too many details. I believe there is a school board meeting tonight. Anyone hearing a name?
The name of the new coach should come out soon. I won't divulge the name I've been told because it has come from about 10 different people and all of them say, "don't tell anyone that I told you". LOL
The new coach will have a good nucleus of young talent to start his tenure at HHS. I hope the system can supply him with able assistants because this man will unify the community and kids in the program. I look for him to build on what Coach Stone was able to accomplish while at HHS.
I wouldn't want to put a name out there and something not work out and changes have to be made. I am happy with the committee's choice and will support him totally.

Last edited:
He's a great coach but man does he move around a lot. Congrats to Hickory on the hire! They got a good one.

Could be pay....Hickory is still it’s on school system I believe. So the job probably comes with some more money-extra month or two etc.... Lincoln County does not pay football coaches an extra month.

Reactions: DEER0526
Joe Glass is a great hire for Hickory right now. Glass’ track record seem to suggest that he is really good at building overall football programs and community engagement which is what Hickory needs.

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
I believe Joe Glass will be here long term. He closer to home and He was once at Hickory as a O line coach. I think this is the best case situation for both parties. I think Coach Glass has proven he has a very good pedigree to him , He has made every program better that he has been too other then Lincolnton for 1 season. My biggest thing is I love how he has gotten every school football GPA UP into mid 3.1 or higher. I believe he will be the right coach for this community and school.

Reactions: shutdownD24
I believe he didn’t have the fan support and Many parents weren’t happy with what he did with the Jv from what I heard from a reliable source from that hickory area .
Parents have screwed up countless teams over the years... in all areas of the state. If you are running a clean program and doing the right things, parent's don't need a say. Their kids will graduate and they won't care anymore. Do the right thing by your program. If it doesn't serve the parent's self serving agenda... so what?

I don't see the Reidsvilles, Shelbys and other successful programs caving to the "wants" of parents.

I believe Joe Glass will be here long term. He closer to home and He was once at Hickory as a O line coach. I think this is the best case situation for both parties. I think Coach Glass has proven he has a very good pedigree to him , He has made every program better that he has been too other then Lincolnton for 1 season. My biggest thing is I love how he has gotten every school football GPA UP into mid 3.1 or higher. I believe he will be the right coach for this community and school.
He did not make eastern guilford better

Has he been anywhere long term?

Has he been anywhere long term?
He was at JM Robinson for 4 years that his longest stop as of now but like I said I believe this is the job he wanted to be at and wanted so I think he will stay due to fact it’s closer to home and he knows this area

The real job he wants is Freedom. Let’s be real here.
Maybe so but He was in the running for the hickory job before he got the Patton job so obviously he wanted this job before if that is true , so Regardless he closer to home and he can possibly get guys to come to hickory that he knows in the area

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT