ADVERTISEMENT

Hibriten is the best team in the state regardless of classification.

i think 22 or 23? runs hard and over people
#22. He is definitely a bruiser at running back, not the speed of Gee but does have some surprising quickness and agility from the ‘B’ back position.... Has 6 Td’s through the first 2 games and he is a good kid off the field as well

Reactions: daletec
#22. He is definitely a bruiser at running back, not the speed of Gee but does have some surprising quickness and agility from the ‘B’ back position.... Has 6 Td’s through the first 2 games and he is a good kid off the field as well

Its not 22 its #23 Marqwone Jones

I though WRH w as s suppose to be a beast this year but are 1-2 now. The did play a great Havelock team tonight and a tough Jackonsville team last week but I seen posts that they were better this year then last. Doesn't look that way

Reactions: DarkHorseFan66
WRH are the classic story of having great start in 2a and then realizing it takes years to become great program .Not 1 year in 2a and few years in 1a. That's why the respect for Shelby and reidsville is so high. They have done it for a long time.

Yeah I know WRH was a 1AA recently. I just seen their posters and they were talking like this was the best team ever. I am sure they will make the playoffs and be tough to deal with later in the year. Shelby seems to be tough 9 and a half years out of 10. Reidsville is always ranked in top 10 it seems. I remember Burlington Cummings use to be a beast every year but I don't hear about them at all now. Hibriten is becoming a perennial powerhouse.

Must be pretty good we have your attention. Go focus on west Lincoln you got your hands full over there

With the running clock, the average Hibriten football game - this year - lasts about an hour and a half. Makes you wonder how they will do in a full close game. Just saying.

With the running clock, the average Hibriten football game - this year - lasts about an hour and a half. Makes you wonder how they will do in a full close game. Just saying.
Sdog, I love you buddy, but if SP makes a return to Hibriten this year they are destroyed my friend. Keep the bus at home and check NC Preps for beamers updates.

Kinda wondered the same thing last year, to this point in the year we had only played one full game.. They seemed to be well conditioned this year but that doesnt take into consideration somebody hitting you for four quarters.

Kinda wondered the same thing last year, to this point in the year we had only played one full game.. They seemed to be well conditioned this year but that doesnt take into consideration somebody hitting you for four quarters.

Just food for thought, BL1.

Last edited:
The Shelby South Point game wasn’t an out and out drubbing for the Red Raiders.
My opinion, only, the game wasn’t decided until the fourth quarter.
One of the few cons of the option offense is the clock works against you, so much, particularly late in the game if you are losing.

Props to the Lions for answering everything SP did and then some. Again, this is just my view but Shelby has come a long way on offense and defense since their opening game with Freedom.
Both Shelby and South Point looks like teams who could win a title. I can almost guarantee it.

I saw Hibriten play, twice, last year. They’re a champion in their own right. I haven’t seen them play, this year, and I got no doubt they have what it takes to do it again, just from reading what posters say about them.

I think the road to the 2 AA championship is going to be awfully tough, this year, for any team in the West bracket.

I agree 100 percent Mr Lincolnton.Take away the kickoff return and SP’s missed extra points and it is a 1 score game.

SHS, I saw the Golden Lions play KingsMountain, too, a really good team . Everything the Mountaineers did Shelby would answer it, and then some.
I know everyone in Shelby must be excited about their team. They look to be at the top of their game and at just the right time.
Also, Shelby is battle hardened from some of the teams they’ve played. Good luck.

I want to personally welcome BRT and the Hibriten Panthers to high school football. You’ve had a great flag season and should be proud of your amazing success. I must warn you though you will now be playing tackle football. It’s easy to not piss on yourself in the boys room. But, it’s harder not pissing on yourself in the Mens room. Again, congrats on a great preseason. Humbly yours, sea dog.

I want to personally welcome BRT and the Hibriten Panthers to high school football. You’ve had a great flag season and should be proud of your amazing success. I must warn you though you will now be playing tackle football. It’s easy to not piss on yourself in the boys room. But, it’s harder not pissing on yourself in the Mens room. Again, congrats on a great preseason. Humbly yours, sea dog.
Haha nice!

Reactions: seadog28
You may want to bring some extra wahmbulances for that hurt pride you all have! Hibriten may not be the best team in the state but DAMN sure the best team in Lenoir Friday night! The best team in the state of 2A I agree 100% with ya Sea dog and thanks for telling the truth as best you know. Wake Forest may beat us by a point for best team in the state overall, haha that has to hurt the Seadog

Well I wouldn’t leave out Catholic, Christian, Hough, or Mallard Creek outta that equation either while your at it lol. MC in particular every time I see them on FFN look just like college size team. So does a few Hibriten players I must admit.

One thing I’d have to wonder bout in Hibritens weak conference that they sit in and they can’t help it btw is that if they played NOTHING but the JV guys every single conference game would they have still won? I’m just curious lol.

Reactions: 1SWO1
Everyone talked about Hibritens weak schedule last year and it proved irrelevant. They pretty much blew through the playoffs except for Shelby. I"ll be very surprised if this year is any different

Reactions: beamer24
This weak schedule thing is kinda funny. So if Hibriten wins two more games they will HOST their third strait regional finals. I have no idea if they win tomorrow night to continue on the streak. But wins give you home field and loses send you away. Is what it is but it sure seems to work for Hibriten

Reactions: beamer24
Conference games are uncontrollable since state establishes the conferences.... Out of conference games could be better managed in my opinion and would give some of fans more confidence in playoffs when we face better competition

Reactions: BL1 and beamer24
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT