ADVERTISEMENT

Hibriten is the best team in the state regardless of classification.

Go big or go home, brother! I can argue this. Might be wrong, but it is worth talking about.

Reactions: patsfball
Hibriten looks good. They played a pitiful West Caldwell tonight. We have a decent game in 2 or 3 weeks. We travel to Newton. The defense looks really good. They picked off Robinson 3 times last week and Hibriten didn't play as well as they could have. 1st game is always a bit sketchy.

Reactions: seadog28 and Swo_05
James Robinson is solid. With your defense and option offense I'd be afraid of no one!

We played Butler in 2010. Butler won 35-28 but stayed in control most of the game. Teams like Mallard Creek, Wake Forest and Butler have depth and size that we can't compete with on a regular basis.

I was at the Butler v Hibriten game. Butler players were dejected and got their butts chewed. Hibriten came off the field like they had won. Fun game. Couple of misdirection, big plays kept the score close but I never felt Butler was going to lose that night.

Reactions: beamer24
Yes, good call Maybelline. The only way Hibriten loses is depth and size. Pound for pound and ones versus ones, they both go down like a Crest mother paying the light bill.

I think there were teams starting 22 that would have beaten Hibriten’s 22 last year.

Reactions: seadog28
We played Butler in 2010. Butler won 35-28 but stayed in control most of the game. Teams like Mallard Creek, Wake Forest and Butler have depth and size that we can't compete with on a regular basis.
My gosh time goes by fast. I couldn't remember the year but it was a great game. Hibriten got a pick 6 and then Butler scored 21 str8. I think our qb threw an interception or fumbled with it tied 28-28 and they scored on a short td to win.

I think there were teams starting 22 that would have beaten Hibriten’s 22 last year.

I feel you btango, but this group learned how to be champions last year. They have a generational type freak talent walking the halls and a fantastic coaching staff. I'd take all bets, and points, with this team against any team in the State. I'm no expert, but I thought I was wrong once and was mistaken.

No chance against a 4A power like Mallard Creek or Wake Forest that have multiple D1 recruits over a 48 minute game. Their defense would stack the line and force the pass and with CB’s that can play man-to-man our offense would struggle

No chance against a 4A power like Mallard Creek or Wake Forest that have multiple D1 recruits over a 48 minute game. Their defense would stack the line and force the pass and with CB’s that can play man-to-man our offense would struggle

Size and talent are neutralized by a disciplined option team. I know you've seen it. Multiple D1 recruits don't necessarily make a team. What impact does a D1 corner make against Hibriten?

Size and talent are neutralized by a disciplined option team. I know you've seen it. Multiple D1 recruits don't necessarily make a team. What impact does a D1 corner make against Hibriten?

I think they would have a lot of trouble with Mallard Creek’s lines on each side of the ball.
When the line gets penetrated or pushed back if breaks off the option. I think that would be a possibility. But who cares, I like real games that will be played so we will see Hibriten with some competition around the third round. Until then doubt they are pressed.

My gosh time goes by fast. I couldn't remember the year but it was a great game. Hibriten got a pick 6 and then Butler scored 21 str8. I think our qb threw an interception or fumbled with it tied 28-28 and they scored on a short td to win.

No. Was not really close. Butler controlled the game effectively accept for three big plays.

Hibriten scored first on a pick six. Butler ran off 28 points. Hibriten scores late in the first half on a misdirection play from around their twenty. Then scored on a 90 yard punt return.
Butler kid stopped on the play (guess he thought it was down) and Butler coaches were flipping out. Butkercthen drive it down to go up 35-21.

Hibriten was a really good team with some speed. Three 80 plus yard plays, one O, one D, one specialty made the game.

Reactions: beamer24
I think they would have a lot of trouble with Mallard Creek’s lines on each side of the ball.
When the line gets penetrated or pushed back if breaks off the option. I think that would be a possibility. But who cares, I like real games that will be played so we will see Hibriten with some competition around the third round. Until then doubt they are pressed.

I stand by my post, Marine. Line up Julius Peppers and I'll make him look like he's on roller skates. You can block the option with cones. This particular group knows how to roll and has the swagger.

No. Was not really close. Butler controlled the game effectively accept for three big plays.

Hibriten scored first on a pick six. Butler ran off 28 points. Hibriten scores late in the first half on a misdirection play from around their twenty. Then scored on a 90 yard punt return.
Butler kid stopped on the play (guess he thought it was down) and Butler coaches were flipping out. Butkercthen drive it down to go up 35-21.

Hibriten was a really good team with some speed. Three 80 plus yard plays, one O, one D, one specialty made the game.
The running back Butler had was a load #32.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT