ADVERTISEMENT

Hibriten @ Freedom

What happened th CHASE? Young team?
Yeah they graduated a lot from last years team and also depth is hurting them… not a big team. But not gonna lie that east team played with so much heart they were refusing to loose this year. It was a dog fight of a game and they kinda a football fan loves … all way to the last second

Freedom has essentially let two victories slip away from them over the past three games. Tied against Forestview with less than two minutes left in the game we had the ball first and goal inside their five-yard line. We then lost big yardage on the next two plays and threw a pick six on third and goal. The Jaguars converted for two points, and we lost 27-19 although we had a chance to score and potentially tie the game from the thirty with a pass that was broken up at the end.

Against Chase we had the lead again late in the fourth quarter and Chase was punting from their own end zone on fourth and 18. I'm not sure if this was a called play or if the punter saw an opportunity from our rush, but he took off and got the first down and they later scored on that drive to take the lead for good.

So, we could easily be 3-2 instead of 1-4. Bunker Hill beat us pretty good, though we kept it respectable until halftime and East Burke wore us down, but we have been slowly improving. I saw Hibriten play South Point earlier this year and I think they're better than us, but they had better keep their mistakes to a minimum. I would have been happy with four wins for this team when the season began, but I don't know if they can reach that now. However, if they want to have any chance to make the playoffs the Patriots had better get the upset Friday night.

Freedom has essentially let two victories slip away from them over the past three games. Tied against Forestview with less than two minutes left in the game we had the ball first and goal inside their five-yard line. We then lost big yardage on the next two plays and threw a pick six on third and goal. The Jaguars converted for two points, and we lost 27-19 although we had a chance to score and potentially tie the game from the thirty with a pass that was broken up at the end.

Against Chase we had the lead again late in the fourth quarter and Chase was punting from their own end zone on fourth and 18. I'm not sure if this was a called play or if the punter saw an opportunity from our rush, but he took off and got the first down and they later scored on that drive to take the lead for good.

So, we could easily be 3-2 instead of 1-4. Bunker Hill beat us pretty good, though we kept it respectable until halftime and East Burke wore us down, but we have been slowly improving. I saw Hibriten play South Point earlier this year and I think they're better than us, but they had better keep their mistakes to a minimum. I would have been happy with four wins for this team when the season began, but I don't know if they can reach that now. However, if they want to have any chance to make the playoffs the Patriots had better get the upset Friday night.
Isn't freedoms qb from last year now the running back?

Isn't freedoms qb from last year now the running back?
He played QB some last year, but we also had the kid who transferred from SC calling signals and we played Jaylen Barnett (who I think you are referring to) as sort of an "athlete". That is he lined up as a RB or in the slot or as a WR as needed, which is sort of what he is still doing for us. He's still our best offensive player, but some of the other guys are coming around, including some downfield threats at WR. We need to improve our line play and our defense has been slowly getting better. If we could have pulled out those two wins I think they would have a lot more confidence going into this game.

Freedom 1-5

Patton 0-6

East Burke 2-4

Draughn 6-1

Yeah Burke co ain’t doing so well this year. Freedom just looks to be alittle more down than usual which for them IS unusual.

Patton, good grief do these kids even care? They’d be lucky to score on Highland Tech or West Caldwell.

East Burke, man smh. Injury bug, playing good too little too late or playing good then slacking then not pulling the trigger on games that are tough and SHOULD win but don’t. Prob one of the best and most dangerous 2-4 teams in 2A. With they injuries they currently have if they played Freedom right now they’d lose.

Draughn: good team but for a limited time only lol. Good for 1A but 3rd round at best this year in playoffs. Cupcake schedule(they can’t help that it’s just the conference) not sure if they’ll have much of anything next year, had no business beating EB but like I said EB plays good when it’s too little too late like that game and the Bandys game. Newton game, uggghh don’t get me started lol. 3 and some change min left you get a stop and the ball back and up 5 pts and couldn’t get a 1st down to milk clock and tney been getting good carry’s all night til then, punt the ball and put pressure on the defense and it went to poop from there.

• Haha
Reactions: bigtimeEastNC
Draughn has hit the sweet spot where theyve had a good amount of talent the last two years and the two best teams in the whc Mitchell and Heritage have either been super young or not quite as talented as they have been in years past, the bottom half of the conference is weak but I wouldnt be shocked if Heritage beat Draughn this year and this is not even one of the best heritage teams in the last 15 years, back when polk and hendo were in the conference and when kenny ford was at owen draughn would be the fifth best team in the conference at best , Heritage has been to two 2a state titles and four 2a Regional finals in the last 15 years and Mitchells been in two 1a state titles and 5 or 6 1a regional finals in the last 10 years so I dont think Draughn is in a weak league as much as they are in the right place at the right time

Last edited:
Yeah Burke co ain’t doing so well this year. Freedom just looks to be alittle more down than usual which for them IS unusual.

Patton, good grief do these kids even care? They’d be lucky to score on Highland Tech or West Caldwell.

East Burke, man smh. Injury bug, playing good too little too late or playing good then slacking then not pulling the trigger on games that are tough and SHOULD win but don’t. Prob one of the best and most dangerous 2-4 teams in 2A. With they injuries they currently have if they played Freedom right now they’d lose.

Draughn: good team but for a limited time only lol. Good for 1A but 3rd round at best this year in playoffs. Cupcake schedule(they can’t help that it’s just the conference) not sure if they’ll have much of anything next year, had no business beating EB but like I said EB plays good when it’s too little too late like that game and the Bandys game. Newton game, uggghh don’t get me started lol. 3 and some change min left you get a stop and the ball back and up 5 pts and couldn’t get a 1st down to milk clock and tney been getting good carry’s all night til then, punt the ball and put pressure on the defense and it went to poop from there.
Draughn -They’ll reload and still be good next year. Culture and good coaching brings in talent.

• Haha
Reactions: mhhs94
Let me just say that I'm not too disappointed with this Freedom team. We knew coming in that this would probably be a rebuilding year. But they have done better than I expected, even given our record. I can see young guys emerging who could do great things for us in the near future and, if they can stop letting close games slip away, that future might be very near indeed. We still need to work on our line play and we need the defense to step up and make some big plays in key moments, but I can live with where we are right now.

Let me just say that I'm not too disappointed with this Freedom team. We knew coming in that this would probably be a rebuilding year. But they have done better than I expected, even given our record. I can see young guys emerging who could do great things for us in the near future and, if they can stop letting close games slip away, that future might be very near indeed. We still need to work on our line play and we need the defense to step up and make some big plays in key moments, but I can live with where we are right now.
Freedom is young and will be fine as they get more game experience. As long as the core stays together should be a better team next year

Draughn -They’ll reload and still be good next year. Culture and good coaching brings in talent.
Im not trying to down your team or nothing but last year was without a doubt the weakest Heritage team weve had in the last 10 years 90 percent of the players were sophomores and while Mitchell wasnt awful last year they were the weakest theyve been in the last 7 years and this year they are probably the youngest theyve been in the last 8 years, i have nothing against draugh but im not kidding when i say that there have been years in the whc where this years draughn team wouldnt have finished fourth in the conference you might not believe it being an outsider but its true lol

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT