ADVERTISEMENT

Hibriten @ Ashe County

keep the updates coming, @ohio tarheels — preciate you

i like what i’m hearing. hibriten scoring on PASSING td’s of 55 & 27 … lol the 90s/early 2000s crowd would never believe you.

keep that offense evolving !

Reactions: beamer24
WOW well, we’re certainly not the best conference in the state, but damn if we might not be the most interesting/entertaining — wide open every week

gonna be a fun ride

Reactions: ohio tarheels
recovered the onside kick — man, that’s a brutal way to go down for ac
Ac's special teams have killed them the last 2 weeks. Pretty much gave ashe 2 tds last week off fumbles on kick returns and gave Watauga a td on a bad snap on punt Watauga recovered for a td, another fumble on kickoff and the onside kick.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Hibriten should win the conference. Watauga isn't what they have been the last few years. It will come down to those 2.
That's an unfair statement about Watauga. They're starting a freshman QB due to injures. The South Caldwell/Watauga cost us a starting RB as well due to a late hit. I believe South had about 5 personal fouls called for late hits that game.

Alexander played a great game, but Watauga recovered back to back onside kicks under 2 minutes to go. Think about the lack of discipline it takes for that to happen.

As for Hibriten, they're hitting their stride at the right time. That is where the Pioneers must go next. I think home field advantage is huge in HS football. I believe this game comes down to execution by our younger back ups who are both starting right now. We do have Isaiah Shirley, a Jr who has multiple college offers at DE and TE.

Just keep in mind Watauga did put up 54 @ Ashe, so for Alexander Central to hold Watauga to 28 points, that is something to be proud of.

Alexander played a great game, but Watauga recovered back to back onside kicks under 2 minutes to go. Think about the lack of discipline it takes for that to happen.

Not saying Watauga is bad. Just not what they were in the last recent years. Hands down Watauga has the best coach in the conference. I expected Watauga to win be 3 tds last night. Ac's special teams has been terrible the last few years. It's cost them a few games. Freedom recovered 3 on sides kicks in a row a few years ago and won after being down 18 with 3 mins to go.

I need to hear more about this HHS/Ashe game. Watching Hibriten turn it up like that makes me nervous about next week's match up. Any insight from you Panther folks?

Reactions: Maiden Creek
That's an unfair statement about Watauga. They're starting a freshman QB due to injures. The South Caldwell/Watauga cost us a starting RB as well due to a late hit. I believe South had about 5 personal fouls called for late hits that game.

As for Hibriten, they're hitting their stride at the right time. That is where the Pioneers must go next. I think home field advantage is huge in HS football. I believe this game comes down to execution by our younger back ups who are both starting right now. We do have Isaiah Shirley, a Jr who has multiple college offers at DE and TE.

Just keep in mind Watauga did put up 54 @ Ashe, so for Alexander Central to hold Watauga to 28 points, that is something to be proud of.

I can’t get a good read on Watauga, but they’re no doubt battle-tested (always a plus) having played Maiden, Mitchell, and Burns. That Burns W definitely got my attention.

I’ve always enjoyed Hibriten/Watauga over the years — generally a very good barometer test for each other.

I couldn’t agree more about the benefit of home field advantage for this matchup. BIG, BIG Game — glad we don’t have to make that bus ride up the mountain.

I need to hear more about this HHS/Ashe game. Watching Hibriten turn it up like that makes me nervous about next week's match up. Any insight from you Panther folks?

A young group that’s showing glimpses of turning that corner and coming into their own.

You see them putting really good stretches/series of football together, but then those youthful moments pop up (lazy turnover, immature/mental error flag)

I think they are getting closer to what they want/expect … but hopefully this group realizes they don’t have the margin of error that some of the past teams were fortunate to have.

The pieces are there to win the conference, but it’s going to take clean football rest of the way to be in that conversation.

Ultimately, you know how it is with a new/young group — can you trust them to be consistent (execute and limit self-inflicted errors) from week to week.

I can’t get a good read on Watauga, but they’re no doubt battle-tested (always a plus) having played Maiden, Mitchell, and Burns. That Burns W definitely got my attention.

I’ve always enjoyed Hibriten/Watauga over the years — generally a very good barometer test for each other.

I couldn’t agree more about the benefit of home field advantage for this matchup. BIG, BIG Game — glad we don’t have to make that bus ride up the mountain.
Injures. In the first 3 weeks, Watauga lost two QBs and a RB. Our freshman QB made another start last night, and don't get me wrong Maddox is good, but he's young and inexperienced. He made solid throws and really good reads last night. Had Watauga been able to stay healthy, they would of beaten Mitchell. Watauga had the lead until the 4th which is about the time most of the injures occurred. Now Maiden, they're a different monster. That score is accurate. Everything else is skewed by injures. No excuses, just letting you know why Watauga has looked "different" this season.

Hibriten has brought up their JV qb to varsity to help out at cornerback the past couple of games. He made some great open field tackles last night despite very poor field conditions. Adding a few young talented newcomers is helping the team. Still a young team, though learning more every game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT