ADVERTISEMENT

Hibriten @ Ashe County

They did away with the old method of just using ADM this realignment cycle. Ashe has less students than a number of 2A schools in the west.

ADM + overall athletic performance determined things this cycle. To your point, Ashe cleaned-up playing against the dreadful competition coming out of wilkes and alleghany + elkin and starmount had become a shell of their former selves.

Ashe won the MVC Wells Fargo Cup with 7 conference championships. Unfortunately, that’s what got them bumped up … and believe me, they’re not happy about it.

Brutal going from split 1A/2A to split 3A/4A.
That explains it. Really explains it I believe ya ha ha. Cause like I was saying, man.
What couples moved in had babies in 04 05’ 06’ time frame that bumped up the numbers and there’s nothing up there but cows hay Christmas trees, shops, and “Dancing Debbies” and a Walmart. I’ve had cousins graduate from NW Ashe and couple other friends from one of the other schools before it became Ashe Co and believe me, nobody stays up there after graduation unless they got a farm to run or a moms n pops business to take over. Military or college or move to Charlotte or Winston somewere like that for work is the avg option for a kid walking off the podium in a cap and gown there. Of course that bout goes for any country school

I knew those boys would have it rough in any playoff even when they were firing on a cylinders when they had Monroe come up there 6 or 7 years ago and just crushed em up and down like it was nothing. Their competition level in the reg season sure didn’t prepare em for that course. Only 17’ Hibriten had cup cake schedule could still go on to win it all

Last edited:
That explains it. Really explains it I believe ya ha ha. Cause like I was saying, man.
What couples moved in had babies in 04 05’ 06’ time frame that bumped up the numbers and there’s nothing up there but cows hay Christmas trees, shops, and “Dancing Debbies” and a Walmart.
Is it safe to ask what “Dancing Debbies“ is?

Is it safe to ask what “Dancing Debbies“ is?

oh ha ha, when I drove up a few weeks ago for a I guess it was some sorta yard sale festival downtown I noticed a building before I came into downtown on left that said Dancing Debbies. Must be a studio or something. So I get parked and I’m standing near a church and get on phone with mother n law and wife cause they were meeting me there to tell em were I was and see how far back they was I ask em in a funny voice I said ok have you passed dancing Debbies yet?? Ha ha. They laughed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT