ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Tank!

the173herd

Jul 18, 2007
the guy you replace just done something you cannot do! He just beat a 4a school. He did it with 2a talent, he did it scoring 20 plus points and giving up 14 points. Right now his NEW team is 1-1 and both games were against 4a schools. You are 1-2 with a win against a struggle 1a school and 2 blowouts against a 1a and 4a school.

You know I have said I would not bash the kids, and I won't. But when they read and they digest what is going on at there school. Look at your dads and ask why did you do this? #daddyballisbestinrobco

Time to start looking for a new coach!

Westover is coming! Another lower classification school! Blowout!

#seasonistanked. #gladwegotaoffensivegenius

Last edited:
Dude your home life must be miserable for you to have over 1400 posts. Get a life and leave Swett football alone. Either join us or get the Hell off here whining all the time. Shouldn't you be somewhere lifting weights? You are looking little small!!!!

My home life is wonderful! I am glad I seen you Friday night at the game, go out and coach the boys a little better and hopefully win a game this Friday! You must be a stalker, why would you want to know how my home life is or my gym schedule?

If you need lifting tips let me know I got you.

I do support PSHS sports. I just gave 15 bucks on Friday. I have always supported PS football. But you would have to admit the hire was jacked up! A unproven OC to be a 4a coach and to make his debut with scoring 8 points in two games and 8 was against a 1a school. When the former coach would have never let that happen and he is not a offensive minded coach.

But when your ready to start the working out let me know. I am like Shaka Khan, I am here for you!

Last edited:
Pushing Hot Gas,

Please don't light a match. Since you want to keep tabs on me, fixing to watch a little bones on Netflex, play a little clash of clans, have a few PBR's. Already ran 5 miles this morning, did chest in the gym, and ran the bleachers at UNCP.

I have a pretty good idea that it is a coach at Purnell. Since they posted after seeing me on Friday, tried to mention something about the fact that I lost about 35 pounds (been running about 30 miles a week) and then said isn't there some weights I should be lifting.

There are only a hand full of ppl that know my screen name on here and mostly are on the staff and booster club. So if it isn't a coach it is someone close to the program. They should spend more time coaching X's and O's than trying to peep through my windows. I guess I should have not called LUMBEE RIVER EMC the other day when my security light went out. Now my yard is so bright you can see my house real good 24/7.

Regardless, I could care less, they don't pay my bills.

Lonnie he must be studying game film on how they are going to stop the dual running backs that run over, I mean Westover is bringing.

Not going to to say anything negative because I do not have a dog in this fight, but I have to disagree with you about one thing 173rd. You say you are not bashing the kids, just the coach.Well the kids are an extension of the coach and by bashing him you are throwing them under the bus too. I don't know the coach from Adam, but he is not the one on the field, the kids are. I know you are upset that Heil resigned, but there is no way to see what is in front of you if you keep looking in the rear view mirror. Those kids deserve your support, as well as everyone else's in the community. They read the threads (trust me) and all they keep seeing is how they (not the coach) are being criticized for only scoring a few points. They are having a hard enough time in the hallways, without being belittled by alumni. Take Care and God Bless.

Scot,

Thanks for the insight. However, I have learned a couple of things over the years and one would be don't put the cart before the horse. When the coach was hired by the hiring board he dazzled them with a few words of having a spread offense while not knowing what kind of players he had. 99% of the hiring board have never played sports to include football in there life. A few have players on the team and they wanted a flashy style, like what you see many NCAA schools running as well as many schools in the state. The issue is the talent just isn't there right now and won't be till we get into our younger kids. (Yes I coach a group of the younger kids) So all that being said he has not lived up to what he said in his first interview and the person that made the hire could care less about sports. Some don't realize that sports are for many a way that keeps kids in school and keep them out of trouble. If the care for sports were there, every coach in the major sports minus wrestling, golf, and girls soccer would be replaced. But just like everywhere else in the state but much worse in rob co politics ruin, I mean run things.

So, the players read this. I know that. But they are not the ones that play daddy ball they are just the ones dealing with the results of it.

Not going to to say anything negative because I do not have a dog in this fight, but I have to disagree with you about one thing 173rd. You say you are not bashing the kids, just the coach.Well the kids are an extension of the coach and by bashing him you are throwing them under the bus too. I don't know the coach from Adam, but he is not the one on the field, the kids are. I know you are upset that Heil resigned, but there is no way to see what is in front of you if you keep looking in the rear view mirror. Those kids deserve your support, as well as everyone else's in the community. They read the threads (trust me) and all they keep seeing is how they (not the coach) are being criticized for only scoring a few points. They are having a hard enough time in the hallways, without being belittled by alumni. Take Care and God Bless.
Through herds buzzwords, my understanding is that support at swett is cold murdered music.

But they are not the ones that play daddy ball they are just the ones dealing with the results of it.

I have politically noticed where daddy ball can eradicate the band of great brothers and beyond the tracks.

Last edited:
Herd you can always apply for the job when the opening comes. And tell me why you think only golf, wrestling and girls soccer should keep their coaches. What have they done?

Girls soccer had the best yr so far and has something going. Wrestling had multiple kids go to state tourney to include 3 to make the podium for the freshman class. And golf is not a major sport but girls just finished second in a conference meet.

As for applying for the job, i would never be hired based on the fact ppl do not want to hear the truth about there kids regardless how true it is. There are some great kids there, great athletes, that are being raised by great parents. But listening, watching, and laughing and the bad worm parents that sit and bash and want to make comments like they make but won't believe there baby just isn't the athlete they make him out to be. I don't have patience to put up with that. I would rather have 11 players with the total package than 100 and 60 of them have issues they can't/won't try to work out. Weather that be grades, attitudes, or talent.

Last edited:
We can't help what grown parents do. As a parent I have never complained to a coach about playing time. I have seen it though. We have always told our children to work hard and make the coach have no choice but to put you in. The kids on the teams see what's going on and they know what's happening. They are not crazy. I do agree that parent should take blinders off. I overheard one parent tell a coach that the player made his team better if he was hitting or not. That's just crazy.

I also feel that the baseball program did good last year considering they played sophomores. Hopefully they can build on that talent and the talent coming to eventually get a state championship.

Here is what I would like to see. Lumberton has a football association that was lead by Brill. Pembroke needs one. Have a even number of flag teams, 5th and 6th tackle teams. The coaches sit on a board and have rules they go by. If they have a split the head of the association (head ball coach at swett) is the deciding vote. Have a league in pembroke and maxton, prospect falls under pembroke. Same for all sports and the HS coach is the head of each association that they coach. This will pump money into the programs. The county has a rec league for football but it is horrible.

This will ensure the head coaches knows who is coaching his next generation of kids. As well as can help teach the coaches so they know what they are doing. If the coaches at the HS say they can't do this because they don't have time then find a new coach. Remember coaching is the way they pay their bills and winning helps them pay them bills.

This would be the fist thing I would try to do if I was the ole ball coach at swett. Anyone that knows me and a few ppl on here do know that when I do something I go at it 110%.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT