ADVERTISEMENT

Hendersonville vs. Reidsville

2A definitely seems stronger than 3A this year, at least in the west. Haven’t looked at the 3A east much. It’ll probably change a little next year. Maiden could be the 6th best team in the west and they are really strong. I’ll take Reidsville in this one, 38-34.

I know y’all get sick of me talking about Max Preps….but it’s all I really look at other than this one. Anyway….it’s surprising to me to see (6) 2a teams ranked in the top 28 of all NC teams. I know Shelby and Reidsville are use to it….but I don’t recall having that many 2a teams ranked that high.
It does appear that things have changed a little bit.
2 a is very strong this year. The gap between 2a and 3a ball is slim however the gap between 2a ball and 1a is freaking huge.

I dont get it
There are four computer forecasting programs that are readily available for viewing: cal preps, massey, simmons, and max preps. All of them use statistics and results of games to "predict" the outcome of future games. The algorithms can be different depending how much weight is given to the various statistics.

If all of those programs predict that your team will win or lose, the odds are great that the computer forecast will be correct, and the larger the predicted margin of victory the greater the chance of a correct prediction.

So, if your team is predicted to lose and you pick them to win, the odds are the computer will win. Fans are biased. Computers are not.

The most important thing to consider, especially if the predicted margin of victory is a few points, is each team's trend over the past few games. This trend can be called momentum and reflects how well a team is currently playing because they are getting better or more healthy. Computers do not know about injuries. And computers do not know whether a team's statistics reflect whether a coach elects to play the starters the entire game or instead play the substitutes when he thinks his lead is enough. All of these things can mean the "underdog" can pull an "upset" over the computers prediction.

2 a is very strong this year. The gap between 2a and 3a ball is slim however the gap between 2a ball and 1a is freaking huge.
The gap between 2a and 1a IS freaking huge!!! This years Polk team would have been a good solid 1A team and we got drugggg from Shelby and Hendersonville and Salisbury That gap is huge
Yes I’m still salty over getting put in 2A 😂

The gap between 2a and 1a IS freaking huge!!! This years Polk team would have been a good solid 1A team and we got drugggg from Shelby and Hendersonville and Salisbury That gap is huge
Yes I’m still salty over getting put in 2A 😂
In the Southern Piedmont 1A/2A this year the three 2A teams went 12-0 against the four 1A teams, and outscored them a combined: 670-114, with 6 shutouts.

HSFB network has it listed as one of the games they're carrying Friday night, but a couple of times, this season, when I tried to watch the Reidsville game it was not shown because of "technical difficulty".

There is a big advertisement on Facebook about KEYZA SPORTS 22. I just saw it. It says they are carrying a lot of games in NC including Reidsville,Shelby, Maiden and many more. I haven't ever heard of them but maybe worth checking them out.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
We lost 3/4 of our offensive starters from last year and was ranked 6th in the entire state at the end of the season. If this game is close this year you can be sure that last years team would have taken care of this year's hendo team fairly easily.
This, last year’s Reidsville team was a different animal and Hendersonville would have zero chance if they were playing them.

I see a repeat this Friday night to be honest. Not hating on hendo but I think yall are too talented.
I agree- I believe the Cats will be shocked and it might not even be close, although on paper it looks like it should.

Is this the same quarterback who relocated from California to Hendersonville and is now the greatest in the country, or am I mistaking the school?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT