ADVERTISEMENT

HCA and 11-Man Football

super-6man

Sep 2, 2001
When HCA does go 11 man, will they schedule local schools like Union, Midway, Hobbton, Lakewood, Clinton, WRH, JK, East Duplin, East Bladen, and West Bladen or will they play only private schools? They could make a lot more money if they did start some rivalries with these local teams.

It would take some time to build a program that could compete with the schools you listed. But I'm sure its an option a few years down the line.

If Coach Lewis sticks around for 5 or more years, I wouldn't be suprised if HCA did start playing some of these schools. They already play the 4 Sampson County schools in other sports.
This post was edited on 5/12 9:32 AM by EasternFBFanif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Originally posted by EasternFBFan:
If Coach Lewis sticks around for 5 or more years, I wouldn't be suprised if Clinton did start playing some of these schools. They already play the 4 Sampson County schools in other sports.

Clinton?

Is there any chance of the Crusaders fielding an 11 man team this season?
This post was edited on 5/17 1:07 PM by super-6manif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

don't count on the crusaders ever scheduling the above mentioned schools, the result might sicken the fan base. But i am sure they will field the best team money can buy.

Probably not. They won't have the numbers to compete, even if they did their talent pool would be so thin that any injury to a starter would be a disaster. Whereas most of the time a team like Clinton or W-RH can replace a player without a huge talent dropoff. They've got 5-6 private schools they've been playing that are also going to 11 man. They might play a very weak 1-A club like Rosewood or Princeton.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT