ADVERTISEMENT

Hayesville@Cherokee

13bc9fc

Nov 26, 2016
I think Cherokee girls are obvious favorites but if Hayesville plays well they can give them a game. As for the boys I think it will either be a blowout or a great game, Hayesville boys being so young don't always show up been when they do it will be tough to beat them at there best

Early in the season. Just working the bugs out with new players
Any idea why O'Dell and B Holloway didn't play this year Wildcat? I like the makeup of this Andrews team, but would've helped some to have the size of those two as options in the post.

O'Dell not playing makes more sense than Holloway though, Andrews football roster had O'Dell listed at 6'3 285lbs this year, hard to have the necessary conditioning to play at that size.

Last edited:
Any idea why O'Dell and B Holloway didn't play this year Wildcat? I like the makeup of this Andrews team, but would've helped some to have the size of those two in the post.
I don’t know about ODell but B Holloway is my nephew and he just wasn’t enjoying the game anymore. I miss him playing but I respect his decision and I support his decision. A lot of kids in high school sports are choosing not to participate for whatever reasons but we still have to respect their call. I told someone in football when I seen Swain football team come onto the field that that was the smallest numbers for Swain football I had ever seen. They use to look like a college team coming onto the field. It’s happening all over the country.

Kids just don't have any idea what they are missing until they graduate!
It can go two ways. They can get behind by taking a year off or they can get inspired again and come back stronger. My nephew plays travel ball and stays in the local youth center gym playing against former local players. I believe it’s going to inspire him to come back and be stronger. My daughter played every sport all her life and was about burned out. She only played basketball her freshman year. She missed the other sports so bad after setting and watching her teammates play without her that she stayed in the gym and worked her tale off. Her Sophomore season and career was better for taking off and realizing how much she really missed and loved playing sports. Hopefully and prayerfuly this will happen in my nephews case

Reactions: mbdfan
It can go two ways. They can get behind by taking a year off or they can get inspired again and come back stronger. My nephew plays travel ball and stays in the local youth center gym playing against former local players. I believe it’s going to inspire him to come back and be stronger. My daughter played every sport all her life and was about burned out. She only played basketball her freshman year. She missed the other sports so bad after setting and watching her teammates play without her that she stayed in the gym and worked her tale off. Her Sophomore season and career was better for taking off and realizing how much she really missed and loved playing sports. Hopefully and prayerfuly this will happen in my nephews case
Guard play is so critical and Andrews has a special one in Ellis. I really think Andrews has enough to make a run to regionals when Ellis, T Holloway, Rattler and your nephew are seniors. I hope he comes back out next year, Wildcats are going to need his size in the post when they truly start competing with the top tier teams of 1A. He has a chance to play a key part in something special there.

Guard play is so critical and Andrews has a special one in Ellis. I really think Andrews has enough to make a run to regionals when Ellis, T Holloway, Rattler and your nephew are seniors. I hope he comes back out next year, Wildcats are going to need his size in the post when they truly start competing with the top tier teams of 1A. He has a chance to play a key part in something special there.

Their JVs are also off to a 3-0 start even with all the10th graders on varsity and the two big kids not coming out this year...it's a good class.

For me Hayesville and Andrews are both looking at special seasons in '20-'21. Hayesville with seniors H McClure and B McClure and juniors McTaggart an Ashe.

Was 2006 the last time two SMC teams made it to regionals?

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
I think so. There have only been 4 SMC teams make regionals since then, period, I believe. Whereas if you look at 1995-2006 (i.e. the preceding 12-year span), I count 13 SMC teams that made it to regionals. A lot of that has to do with the influx of non-boundary schools, I think. But you also have to recognize that the SMC had a pretty sweet set up with the way the playoff brackets were drawn in the 90s and early 2000s. Since they assigned three conferences to be grouped together for the first three rounds, and you either had Smoky E/Smoky W or LSMC/BSMC those years, the SMC only really had to get through one other league's teams to send a team to regionals. If the SMC still had a three-round gauntlet with one other conference to send two teams to regionals, I think you would've seen more than 4 SMC teams make regionals the past 12 years.

I think so. There have only been 4 SMC teams make regionals since then, period, I believe. Whereas if you look at 1995-2006 (i.e. the preceding 12-year span), I count 13 SMC teams that made it to regionals. A lot of that has to do with the influx of non-boundary schools, I think. But you also have to recognize that the SMC had a pretty sweet set up with the way the playoff brackets were drawn in the 90s and early 2000s. Since they assigned three conferences to be grouped together for the first three rounds, and you either had Smoky E/Smoky W or LSMC/BSMC those years, the SMC only really had to get through one other league's teams to send a team to regionals. If the SMC still had a three-round gauntlet with one other conference to send two teams to regionals, I think you would've seen more than 4 SMC teams make regionals the past 12 years.

Ah yes....The good ole' days before the Charters took over.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT