ADVERTISEMENT

Hayesville at Mt Airy

Can we talk football on this thread or is this gonna be one of those. Ma might not have the lustrous hardware that all the Smc teams have , but let’s remember that the Bears OWN the smc head to head and the bears hadn’t been playing small ball for their entirety. Most of those years were in 3a. Maybe the bears won’t win it all but the fact is they are able to be in the conversation every year says something. There’s a lot of schools that dream about having a year like the bears have most years. I do agree they should have a little more hardware than they do but to say the crap most say on here is just hilarious. There’s only two teams in 1a that can say they have had their way with the bears head to head that’s Mitchell and Tarboro, I didn’t say any SMC TEAM and I damn sure didn’t say ELKIN. The Bears have owned the Smc and Elkin and every other team in the surrounding area. As far as east surry goes, they didn’t have a chance every game last year either and they played in a regional final. Lowman is a hell of a big game coach. I wouldn’t count them out till the last second is off the clock.

But let’s hope the Bears and Blk Knights are able to take care of business next Friday night so we can have a Thanksgiving thread like no other. It would be a classic S&:T talk thread for the ages. I love the tradition the Smc has and there physical brand of football. I like what you guys do year in and year out BK. I give that respect, but I will call a spade a spade as well. Good luck 🍀 next week, represent your tradition and conference on the beaches of Ramseur, we will do the same in the granite city. Then hopefully we watch pregame together, talk a little crap a drink And cup of coffee next Friday during pregame. . Lot of work for both teams to do first for that to happen though

Just nice to see the Lake boys advance to the 3rd round congrats, I think they'll be just fine, MA is sure to be the favorite but I'm not buying in lol
It always takes me a minute to figure out who the lake boys are each time you say that. Lol
Technically Robbinsville should be called the lake boys after all Graham County has Fontana Lake, Cheoah, Santeetlah and Calderwood.

To our flatland friends at ER these are lakes not ponds that we call lakes.

MA has gotten the better of the SMC no question but MA is 3-2 against Murphy and they've all been pretty competitive football games, no blowouts in either direction. The combined scores of those 5 games being 125 to 120 in favor of Mount Airy.

I certainly wouldn't call that owned personally, I'd say that's a pretty even series with the slight edge to the Bears.

Last edited:
Can we talk football on this thread or is this gonna be one of those. Ma might not have the lustrous hardware that all the Smc teams have , but let’s remember that the Bears OWN the smc head to head and the bears hadn’t been playing small ball for their entirety. Most of those years were in 3a. Maybe the bears won’t win it all but the fact is they are able to be in the conversation every year says something. There’s a lot of schools that dream about having a year like the bears have most years. I do agree they should have a little more hardware than they do but to say the crap most say on here is just hilarious. There’s only two teams in 1a that can say they have had their way with the bears head to head that’s Mitchell and Tarboro, I didn’t say any SMC TEAM and I damn sure didn’t say ELKIN. The Bears have owned the Smc and Elkin and every other team in the surrounding area. As far as east surry goes, they didn’t have a chance every game last year either and they played in a regional final. Lowman is a hell of a big game coach. I wouldn’t count them out till the last second is off the clock.
The SMC has a distant cousin MA doesn’t own.

Not bad considering he only plays like a half game at a time. MA has several backs average over 12 yds per carry
Not counting last night, I believe the lowest yard per carry, according to MaxPreps, for any of the 11 runners with carries is 9.6 yards per carry. But who is counting that Mt Airy has probably 5 or 6 non-starting running backs that would start at every other conference school.

Hey now your neighbors to the south have been very successful and competitive against your Bears (25-29).

From 1971 to 2013, the Rams were 24-21 against the Bears, but since 2014 the Bears are 8-1 and it’s not been close.
Yes, but no one from Mt Airy would EVER sleep on Starmount. They are outstanding year in and year out. True competitors and deserve all the admiration in the world.
I wish Mr. Dezern had not gotten hurt last Friday night, but that is part of the game.

Reactions: gdawg74
But who is counting that Mt Airy has probably 5 or 6 non-starting running backs that would start at every other conference school.
So you're saying you have 6 non starting RB's that would start over Dezern at Starmount? You and buzz have a great habit of saying stupid $h%t to embarrass yourselves and piss everyone off.

Last edited:
Hayesville had Coach Setzer for several years. Prior to that he was the Head Coach at North Surry for 5 years. During that time, North Surry did not lose an in county game that entire time. My eldest son transfer from smaller to larger and played for him his junior year. Setzer was a most excellent coach here as I am sure he was at Hayesville.

I believe his son made All State his senior year, not sure but I believe so. During his 5 years in Surry County, Mt Airy had some very good teams but not like what Mt Airy has had the past 10 years or so. We will welcome Hayesville to our very humble home next Friday night. But at 7:30 or 7:31 things, specifically
So you're saying you have 6 non starting RB's that would start over Dezern at Starmount? You and buzz have a great habit of saying stupid $h%t to embarrass yourselves and piss everyone off.

That is not what I said. But in the Starmount case as in the East Wilkes case, Dezern would have had help. Mt Airy does not have just one starting running back. Stop being a complete jerk.

• Haha
Reactions: Illuminati704
Someone gets it. at least I’m not the only one that gets pissed

Reactions: BK13T-$
Not counting last night, I believe the lowest yard per carry, according to MaxPreps, for any of the 11 runners with carries is 9.6 yards per carry. But who is counting that Mt Airy has probably 5 or 6 non-starting running backs that would start at every other conference school.
Well that’s it Mt airy is unbeatable again

College Gameday just announced they will be back in attendance in Mount Airy for the bears game against Hayesville. After watching the number one JV team in the country with 22 D1 starters a few weeks ago, they couldn’t pass on the opportunity to see their varsity counterparts with 9 yes count that again 9 D1 running backs. The B2 Stealth Bomber Sauadron out of Lackland Air Force Base is expected to make a flyover and then the Republican Party will announce their convention being held in the Granite City shortly following the game. To follow suit, he NCAA has enacted a special rule this year to allow Tyler Mason to receive votes in the Heisman race. What a time to be a Bears fan.

Some of you are funny. Some of you are just complete Aholes that do not know crap. I have not said anything to put down another team or community, unlike about 5 or 6 or 7 on here that constantly try to pick a fight, insult or just act like what you are.
No one from Mt Airy gives a crap about you or your petty little mouths.

Dezern is a great athlete and running back for Starmount. As player of the year in te conference. Would be hard to beat him out as the starter. With that said #25 Caleb Reid could give him a lot of competition and a great backup where their offense wouldn't miss a beat. Any number of teams in the conference would love to have these guys on their roster.
Looking forward to the game against Haysville and if we lucky enough to beat a SMC then we will worry about the next game. Whomever that might be. Now go on about your sarcasm.

Reactions: Jmappfan5
I agree print #4 is a freshman and would start at any of the area schools. He is gonna be special. Bears are deep in the backfield. Nobody is counting their chickens before they hatch. We all know that the road will be tough. Bears looked real strong Thursday night , just don’t think North Rowan was as good as advertised either. Either way we will know in around 3 weeks or so. One thing I will say , JK has brought a physical brand of football to MA , I like it , the bears are quick and physical up front. First time I’ve seen that in recent memory

So with those 5 or 6 RBs that are non-starting, is it just one big rotation or do they not get touches? Seems like a lot of wasted talent because honestly, a stable of 4 would be sufficient and put these kids at other spots. Sounds like you're loaded more than a twice baked potato up there. Put those kids out there in the slot or something and spread your offense out even more. As everyone knows, Tarboro is apparently a cake walk to the finals. Why not try and help yourselves have a chance against them should you make it that far? What should happen SHOULD they stop your "illegal in 8 states and Guam" running attack?

MA has gotten the better of the SMC no question but MA is 3-2 against Murphy and they've all been pretty competitive football games, no blowouts in either direction. The combined scores of those 5 games being 125 to 120 in favor of Mount Airy.

I certainly wouldn't call that owned personally, I'd say that's a pretty even series with the slight edge to the Bears.
MA beat Murphy at Murphy in 06 48-17 MA was a 6 seed.

Wth are you talking about. MA is far from a dump.
I didn’t say they were. But it’s not as great as you make it out to be. You talk a big line of BS but you fail to realize some people on here has been there and seen it. You know little man you talk big hiding behind a keyboard. I picture you as being a little man with the little man complex having to make yourself and your team bigger and better than anyone else. You probably are a very miserable person and a alcoholic. Get over yourself and act like a adult. It’s a game for young men so just stay in your lane

I didn’t say they were. But it’s not as great as you make it out to be. You talk a big line of BS but you fail to realize some people on here has been there and seen it. You know little man you talk big hiding behind a keyboard. I picture you as being a little man with the little man complex having to make yourself and your team bigger and better than anyone else. You probably are a very miserable person and a alcoholic. Get over yourself and act like a adult. It’s a game for young men so just stay in your lane
You have no freaking clue about me. I could give a shit what's thought of me on a message board. I have a great life.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
What is there to be “jealous or envious” of? I mean really. Mount Airy has won only one state title in the modern era and that was in little 1A.
MA is 3 rd winningest the all time in state of NC. Over 100 years of tradition. Could been a lot of years of losing but it wasn't. Over 700 wins.

Schools that been around for 100 years should have the most wins. Basic math.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT