ADVERTISEMENT

Havelock vs Jacksonville

ItsJustWords252

Sep 10, 2013
Charlotte
I think Havelock will have the edge in this game I'll predict the score to be some like 35-21 if Jacksonville can come to play like they did this week against West Craven and not turn the ball over I can see Jacksonville pulling the win out but one thing about Havelock no matter who they play they tend to cause them to turn the ball over I believe this game will come down to pentalities and turn overs see you next week Jacksonville and good luck

Goodnight grammar nazi come attack my post idrc

I don't know about this one.. except you can bet that the Cards will come to play. They have not forgotten about any of those butt whoppings the Rams have put on them over the years. So if they think that they are playing the Cards of old they are in for a big surprise. They were within three of West Craven with 36 seconds left when Abrams took it in on a 4th and 2 from the 2 so it was closer then it looks. Cards only had 1 turnover but about 4 key dropped passes that is what did them in. Receiver just dropped the ball a couple would have been 6. But hey that's the game of football for you. What I see is two solid football teams what should be a classic.

Reactions: ItsJustWords252
I don't know about this one.. except you can bet that the Cards will come to play. They have not forgotten about any of those butt whoppings the Rams have put on them over the years. So if they think that they are playing the Cards of old they are in for a big surprise. They were within three of West Craven with 36 seconds left when Abrams took it in on a 4th and 2 from the 2 so it was closer then it looks. Cards only had 1 turnover but about 4 key dropped passes that is what did them in. Receiver just dropped the ball a couple would have been 6. But hey that's the game of football for you. What I see is two solid football teams what should be a classic.

Yeah I know very well Jacksonville can win this game just like I knew West Craven could beat Havelock but I'm never gonna beat against Havelock lol

It will be one of the top games in the state next week. If there is a better game to be played I sure dont know about it.

Well I can assure you this they say Havelock plays great run defense and so does West Craven. West Craven got 300 yards rushing put up against them. If it was not for receivers dropping passes last night different ballgame. That's even coming from die hard West Craven fans. I can promise you Havelock has not seen backs like they are going to see Friday night all year. And not just one three and a QB who if he breaks it's to the house. It will be the first time in a long time that they will play a team that overall is probably faster then them. Anything can happen but I can promise u this that this group of cardinals are not the cardinals that they are used to beating up on. They definitely will not be intimidated by them either.

I am even looking forward to the JV game where Jacksonville comes in undefeated. What's even scary is that the JV team has a couple of running backs who could be on the varsity as well. They can straight fly also.

Mark my words.. you guys don't realize what your about to see in a couple of years. Something special. These kids are buying in to what coach Williams has put together it's going to be something special I promise

Well I can assure you this they say Havelock plays great run defense and so does West Craven. West Craven got 300 yards rushing put up against them. If it was not for receivers dropping passes last night different ballgame. That's even coming from die hard West Craven fans. I can promise you Havelock has not seen backs like they are going to see Friday night all year. And not just one three and a QB who if he breaks it's to the house. It will be the first time in a long time that they will play a team that overall is probably faster then them. Anything can happen but I can promise u this that this group of cardinals are not the cardinals that they are used to beating up on. They definitely will not be intimidated by them either.

Jacksonville is the only team to run the ball on us consistantly. I was shocked last night when they ran the ball right up the middle on us. At times the runner was untouched.

I am even looking forward to the JV game where Jacksonville comes in undefeated. What's even scary is that the JV team has a couple of running backs who could be on the varsity as well. They can straight fly also.

Yea I hadn't thought of that. Havelock has a really good jv program as well.

Jacksonville offensive line is well coached. I think White Oaks old coach Bob Blick is the offensive line coach. He got those big boys rolling. They will get after you.

You know what I find funny is how the west is always talking about how great their football is in 3A and the 3A state title has lived in the East for how long? The title games are usually blowouts. Lol

We finally made the Championship game in 08 but got steamrolled by West Rowan and Kevin Parks. They had a really strong team back then.

Always difficult to have that break through season, but you have to have the talent, and it seems the Cards are starting to get some.

If he leaves Jacksonville to be honest New Bern would probably be the only place that he would leave a great situation in Jacksonville for. What coach would not like to coach at his very own high school which h came from. I can tell you this if he does come to New Bern it's going to cost them.

But hey let's not start that rumor. Because remember a couple of years ago. All the gurus had the whole Williams clan going to JH Rose.. lol 100% for sure because they all knew a guy who knew a guy and it was 100% that he was leaving along with his brother. Lol

Reactions: NBBears20124ACHAMPS
This will be a good game for sure. I give Havelock the slight edge.
Question for Havelock folk.... where did the shrine bowl Qb from 2 years ago end up? I heard a D3 school....

I am going with Havelock big. Ol James Robert is going to try and make a point because folks have the nerve to say that Havelock may have some competition in conference. So I expect the score to be ran up if possible.

Still a couple years away according to the football Gods around here.
What teams will be in this conference next year? I haven't heard anything yet. I know West Craven drops to 2A but I don't know if any others classification changed or not. Jacksonville and Havelock should have some good games over the next several years.

Jacksonville and Northside will keep Havelock on top of their game for a few years. Either one of these teams in the next 4 years will give the Rams a game. Jacksonville within the next 4 years or so will definitely be done won at least two conference championships. This will end up being one of the top conferences in 3A in the state. That Eastern Conference Final will have one of these three in it for a long time.

Well after witnessing the Cubs win the World Series.. just maybe we might stand a chance against the almighty Rams on Friday night... anything is possible! Congrats Cubs... let's go Cards!!

Had to work a little late and can't make this game tonight. Will it be on a radio station??

lol Havelock run defense is great West Craven run defense isn't better it's their pass defense and Havelock ran the ball on West Craven successfully they couldn't pass when they needed to that was the problem and West Craven beat Havelock by passing not running but 14-0 Havelock first quarter

This one is over. They came in believe the hype that is Havelock. Not the same team that played last week or all week

Yes it is tough but they have got to learn to come to play. Hope they hang 50 on them so that they learn. Need to learn to fight! No matter who they are playing.

So I took back the "subpar" label I placed on JHS, but the "okay" label is perfect. I really thought the loss to 2a Northside was not bad considering everything involved in that one, but at the time I figured Northside was a real contender for a 2a state crown, then they lost to E Duplin and I quickly changed my mind about them and Jacksonville.

Jacksonville needs to get over the hump. They beat the teams they should beat, but rather they play well or not they are not beating .500 or better clubs in 3a.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT