ADVERTISEMENT

Havelock/Northeastern

I'm going with NE in this one simply because of coaching. I don't think Havelock's first year coach is on the same level as that of Northeastern's. He came from Greene Central this season. That's a big step up program wise. It took Holmes a few years to top NE again, and their coach came from RICHMOND COUNTY a few years ago. I just think that NE's coach is the X factor more than anything else.

I'm going with NE in this one simply because of coaching. I don't think Havelock's first year coach is on the same level as that of Northeastern's. He came from Greene Central this season. That's a big step up program wise. It took Holmes a few years to top NE again, and their coach came from RICHMOND COUNTY a few years ago. I just think that NE's coach is the X factor more than anything else.

Havelock kept all but the HC and DC. They’ve got plenty of good coaches on the staff. Game will come down to the Jimmies and Joe’s, which Havelock has more of.

Those retained coaches were retained by the new head coach to maintain a smooth transition due to their familiarity with the program. If they were asking great as claimed, one of them would have secured the head coaching job instead of someone from a middling 2A program. SureSure, Havelock has more bodies, but they have to be in the right position. I just think NE outcoaches them.

Those retained coaches were retained by the new head coach to maintain a smooth transition due to their familiarity with the program. If they were asking great as claimed, one of them would have secured the head coaching job instead of someone from a middling 2A program. SureSure, Havelock has more bodies, but they have to be in the right position. I just think NE outcoaches them.

You’re implying that they wanted the coaching gig. Trust me, they’ve got fantastic coaches but not everyone wants to endure being a HC of a program like Havelock. Coach Sabdo and company can game plan with the best of them. Rubber is gonna meet the road here in a little over an hour.

Reactions: superstar57
You’re implying that they wanted the coaching gig. Trust me, they’ve got fantastic coaches but not everyone wants to endure being a HC of a program like Havelock. Coach Sabdo and company can game plan with the best of them. Rubber is gonna meet the road here in a little over an hour.
I do agree that coaching at Havelock comes with pressure.

After the first two loses to Jacksonville and WRH coach hit on a good combo of runnin backs. In the first game with Jacksonville both our lines handled the Cards real well. We just dropped it 8 times .....lol. WRH just plain out played us He also moved the O line some. Our QB is throwin pretty good but we are still a running team. The Defense has started real well and getting better. Our main back now is Pagen with Foster. Also on the bench we have 4-5 other backs who have gotten some good playing time last three wins. Foster along with playing running back is a real fine reciever. I look for the starters to sit out most of the second half this Friday night and probably the rest of the conference games, with maybe the exception of our last game with Richlands.
Best move swo did was bring N.White #2 up from jv. His the best running back southwest got to be honest.

I just don’t think NE offense is as strong as previous years. Havelock’s appears not as strong as well.

This is not northeastern these last 2 games we doing the same damn play Everytime what the **** and Havelock is not as good as though they would be but our coach is making them like the best team in the state

No it's not we over through and under through touchdowns that's 14 points we could have had

This is not northeastern these last 2 games we doing the same damn play Everytime what the **** and Havelock is not as good as though they would be but our coach is making them like the best team in the state

Hope you know havelock is really young most players in skill positions is juniors or younger

Yeah we are not as good as past years lol!!! Up 3 scores on a great NE team... Dont 4get, we only lose 4 starters off defense and 1 off of offense for next year tho lmao

Reactions: ItsJustWords252
Keep grinding NE, Havelock was only going to get better as the year went on. Caught them at the wrong time. Start of the year and this would have been different story.

I didn’t expect this to be a close game. NE offense is one dimensional right now. It should get better. Havelock though has a rich tradition of winning Championships and is usually one of the top 2 3a teams in the state. Both offenses hopefully will get better. Not a Charlotte Catholic fan.

Last edited:
I didn’t expect this to be a close game. NE offense is one dimensional right now. It should get better. Havelock though has a rich tradition of winning Championships and is usually one of the top 2 3a teams in the state. Both offenses hopefully will get better. Not a Charlotte Catholic fan.

Charlotte cathlotic might not even be the team to come out the west the way their looking lol could be Kings mountain or someone else but havelock still has teams to worry bout in the 3a east

If we had any kind of offense we could have won that game but we don't he won't let the quarter back throw the ball great game by Havelock I hope your young team get better and better and make a deep run

Where all the northeastern fans they went back to craven county or Jacksonville hell even Charlotte...lol

Damn if we don't have a good kicker though. I hope someone has film of that muffed punt in the end zone where the ball went over our kickers head and he still managed to pick it up and kick it 40-50 yards with defenders draped all over him

Last edited:
Reactions: dogs79
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT