ADVERTISEMENT

Havelock/Northeastern

I'm just intrigued about what you saw that I didn't see? I saw Havelock attack every spot on the field. They went deep with the freshman QB with mixed results. They handed the ball off to there stud RB to the edge. Then threw him passes set out wide. They basically took chances short, middle, and deep to their playmakers all night. That's a pretty solid playbook to me. I mean I guess they could have mixed in a flea flicker, halfback pass, philly special or something but I think Havelock as a team, is comfortable enough not to have to use gimmick plays.
Gimmick plays huh... Ima take that post as u trying to be sarcastic (thumbs up). Like I said, we have ALOT that we haven't shown because there is no need to. Since the NB game only PC has mustered up more than 1 td in a game so we dont need to show anything yet. Our offense is loaded also tho, trust me

Gimmick plays huh... Ima take that post as u trying to be sarcastic (thumbs up). Like I said, we have ALOT that we haven't shown because there is no need to. Since the NB game only PC has mustered up more than 1 td in a game so we dont need to show anything yet. Our offense is loaded also tho, trust me
I can agree with all that even the "offense is loaded" part. But it's not because of the play calling or playbook. It's the youth and execution.

I can agree with all that even the "offense is loaded" part. But it's not because of the play calling or playbook. It's the youth and execution.
Ok, I'm sure you know... Let me get back over to the 3a board now and see if a west carteret thread will come up, I'm done here

Reactions: downlo
Welp, good thing is we did not come out to impress anyone, we came out to win lol. I read these threads every week, and every week it's the same thing "havelock isnt what it has been, we should beat them by this much" then boom... we hold all these teams that have state championship hopes to 1 score lol. Kinda hard to impress when your refs call the game 1 sided as possible, but I'm sure once u watch the film and see that had the game been called correctly we probably win 40+ to 0 then maybe we will have played to yall standards lol. Oh well, on to the next week lol
Ok, I'm sure you know... Let me get back over to the 3a board now and see if a west carteret thread will come up, I'm done here

Yeah!!

Reactions: downlo
Your right in all you said but one stood out YOUTH that is what they are and we as fans forget that the execution is there but it still comes down to the better team. Some of us fail to realize that and we play on the could haves and should haves. If we can beat a team by running all night oh well guess what we are running if we can beat you with the outlet pass oh well. But in HS football it comes down to defense if you don’t have one you are not winning. The Defense trumps bad calls by the ref because you aren’t scoring. Trust us we have seen it all. And in the end over the last 10 years we have won 95% of our games I will take those odds over. Anyway this horse is Dead. Who is next we have work to do this week

Wait b4 I leave tho, curiosity has me to where I must ask u this question... All of our runs are simple shotgun handoff left, handoff right or jet sweeps... Do u really think that is our whole offensive running game?

Wait b4 I leave tho, curiosity has me to where I must ask u this question... All of our runs are simple shotgun handoff left, handoff right or jet sweeps... Do u really think that is our whole offensive running game?
How often does your QB line up under center? I mean, the consensus is that you want to give those athletic RBs space. That was even quoted from Wooten himself after the panther creek game. It's been part of the reason for the offense having success after the New Bern game. Wootens words, not mine. I even think you and I agreed on this leading up to the WRH game. You do remember that? No? Are you saying that's not what yall want to see now?

Reactions: easy252
How often does your QB line up under center? I mean, the consensus is that you want to give those athletic RBs space. That was even quoted from Wooten himself after the panther creek game. It's been part of the reason for the offense having success after the New Bern game. Wootens words, not mine. I even think you and I agreed on this leading up to the WRH game. You do remember that? No? Are you saying that's not what yall want to see now?
I agree, however I think we have 2 different ideas when I say get them into space. I think our rb lead the nation in KO return avg last yr, would be nice to see more screens or dump offs with the defense in front of him so he can make moves, not the simple left right handoffs that the whole stadium can see happening b4 it happens lol. Not saying that we dont have those plays in the playbook just havnt had the need for them yet. If u look at his highlights u see him usually having to mave a move or break a tackle b4 he can get north and south, that's not my idea of getting them into space. I think sumwhere in here u are feeling like I'm going against the coaches play calls n that is not the case, I'm just stating that we can score 40 points a game but we are conservative at the moment.

Reactions: bud33345
I agree, however I think we have 2 different ideas when I say get them into space. I think our rb lead the nation in KO return avg last yr, would be nice to see more screens or dump offs with the defense in front of him so he can make moves, not the simple left right handoffs that the whole stadium can see happening b4 it happens lol. Not saying that we dont have those plays in the playbook just havnt had the need for them yet. If u look at his highlights u see him usually having to mave a move or break a tackle b4 he can get north and south, that's not my idea of getting them into space. I think sumwhere in here u are feeling like I'm going against the coaches play calls n that is not the case, I'm just stating that we can score 40 points a game but we are conservative at the moment.
Ok, I get what your trying to say. I will say setting up a screen is a very complex play that can go south very quickly. Some of the best spread teams in this state struggle with it. It's a tall task for a freshman QB but would be effective to stop a aggressive pass rush.

Welp, good thing is we did not come out to impress anyone, we came out to win lol. I read these threads every week, and every week it's the same thing "havelock isnt what it has been, we should beat them by this much" then boom... we hold all these teams that have state championship hopes to 1 score lol. Kinda hard to impress when your refs call the game 1 sided as possible, but I'm sure once u watch the film and see that had the game been called correctly we probably win 40+ to 0 then maybe we will have played to yall standards lol. Oh well, on to the next week lol

Great defense, I think you still run the east.

That's why they lost they only ran 2 plays the whole game that shit killing me this northeastern I know they have more than 2 plays same with the edenton game and won't throw the ball he can throw when he get into a rhythm but won't give him a chance

Unless you are a coach or player you have no work to do. Maybe mow some grass. It's a sports message board. Hell enjoy it for what it is.
There is always one, if you don’t know what a figure of speech is don’t take life so serious find something else to comment on. I am a true HHS fan and a former player so they represent the community and we support them so one team one community we are all in it together. SMH back to
3a thread again this horse is dead. Time to
Get to back work who is next....

Reactions: easy252
Sure I am repeating myself but here's a few things I noticed:
-Northeastern's O-Line had a long night. Had a tough time pass blocking and run blocking. Havelock was in the backfield all night
-At some point Northeastern playing Cover 0 is going to catch up to them. Leaving your DB's on island's against talented teams like Havelock is going to catch up; especially if they have a good offensive line
-Let Protctor throw the rock more. Only way he's going to get better is with more reps. Yeah you got studs in Thomas & Riddick but mix it up once in a while. Northeastern looked one dimensional Friday night

I see Northeastern's ceiling being a Regional Final appearance. But my prediction right now is 2nd or 3rd round at best. They look smaller compared to previous Northeastern teams. Also first time Northeastern has lost back to back games since 2015! (Lost to Wilson-Hunt & Lake Taylor (VA)).

Reactions: bud33345 and dogs79
I agree with that. I still feel the same way as I did in my hot take on this game. I am truly amazed that NE didn't attack the middle of the field after halftime. When they ran up the middle with bruiser #10 they could move the chains and sustain a drive. It was only when they ran and passed to the edge is when the drive stalled. Why not test Havelocks linebackers in coverage? If NE would've made that adjustment I feel it would have forced Havelock to adjust, then the chess match begins. James davis is right in the aspect of NE only ran the same handful of plays with no success. I'm kinda baffled because coach Moore has shown the ability to make the right adjustments based on what the defense is doing. Only thing I can figure is running up the middle for 4 yards a carry and moving the chains just wasn't enough. I'm not saying run it up the middle every play but run it enough times consecutively to force Havelock to stop it and test the passing game and the edges once they key in on the trap and draw plays. It just seemed like a simple concept when that was the only run plays having any success. Maybe he is saving that look for playoff time? Hell I dont know. What I do know is that if something doesnt start to click they will have some trouble with Hertford County.

Last edited:
I agree with that. I still feel the same way as I did in my hot take on this game. I am truly amazed that NE didn't attack the middle of the field after halftime. When they ran up the middle with bruiser #10 they could move the chains and sustain a drive. It was only when they ran and passed to the edge is when the drive stalled. Why not test Havelocks linebackers in coverage? If NE would've made that adjustment I feel it would have forced Havelock to adjust, then the chess match begins. James davis is right in the aspect of NE only ran the same handful of plays with no success. I'm kinda baffled because coach Moore has shown the ability to make the right adjustments based on what the defense is doing. Only thing I can figure is running up the middle for 4 yards a carry and moving the chains just wasn't enough. I'm not saying run it up the middle every play but run it enough times consecutively to force Havelock to stop it and test the passing game and the edges once they key in on the trap and draw plays. It just seemed like a simple concept when that was the only run plays having any success. Maybe he is saving that look for playoff time? Hell I dont know. What I do know is that if something doesnt start to click they will have some trouble with Hertford County.
Dont 4get that Havelock has a 4 star cover man that still hasn't played any defense... That adjustment would have been interesting tho lol

Dont 4get that Havelock has a 4 star cover man that still hasn't played any defense... That adjustment would have been interesting tho lol
It would have been, It just seemed by looking at film the scouting report would have been "stay away from the edge" lol

Last edited:
Reactions: dogs79 and easy252
Plus I heard they where banged up the last few games. With weaker games left after Hertford County they should have time to heal before playoff run.

Plus I heard they where banged up the last few games. With weaker games left after Hertford County they should have time to heal before playoff run.
Goobs can probably elaborate on this. I do know Freshwater was banged up but even the Havelock fans will tell you, he was a bright spot on the NE dline Friday night, made alot of tackles. I dont know if #10 RB is banged up but he is a bruiser in the backfield that hasn't seen much action this season. It could be the reason they stopped using him. He took over the Rose game in the second half. That's about all I've seen as far as using him as a weapon this season. Maybe saving wear and tear on him is a virtue for Moore, if that's the case, it makes sense, so he can contribute when it matters. He is definately a guy that is hard to bring down and can frustrate a defense.

Last edited:
Goobs can probably elaborate on this. I do know Freshwater was banged up but even the Havelock fans will tell you, he was a bright spot on the NE dline Friday night, made alot of tackles. I dont know if #10 RB is banged up but he is a bruiser in the backfield that hasn't seen much action this season. It could be the reason they stopped using him. He took over the Rose game in the second half. That's about all I've seen as far as using him as a weapon this season. Maybe saving wear and tear on him is a virtue for Moore, if that's the case, it makes sense, so he can contribute when it matters. He is definately a guy that is hard to bring down and can frustrate a defense.

I know you love your NE Team we can look at film all day. Can we put this to bed and say the better team won. I do think you guys will be fine for the rest of the year.

I hate to come back to this Thread but I have a quote as to what should be said about HHC “They are what we thought they were” this goes for every single game the better team won even if they played horrible the better team wins most of the time. Our loss to NB they were the better team that Night. Maybe we will play again. Time to get ready for the next team

I hate to come back to this Thread but I have a quote as to what should be said about HHC “They are what we thought they were” this goes for every single game the better team won even if they played horrible the better team wins most of the time. Our loss to NB they were the better team that Night. Maybe we will play again. Time to get ready for the next team

Havelock is a good solid program. Nobody here is trying to slight that. Bud is from South Central. Has a son playing on the line. He just went to NE to see a good game. You ain't got no work to do this week. Your backups could beat West Carteret by 50. Enjoy the week here with us old guy's.

Havelock is a good solid program. Nobody here is trying to slight that. Bud is from South Central. Has a son playing on the line. He just went to NE to see a good game. You ain't got no work to do this week. Your backups could beat West Carteret by 50. Enjoy the week here with us old guy's.

Yes we do like you say we should when by 54 but it is good time to tighten things up for the next few games take no week off. The conf hasn’t been strong everyone knows it and all it takes is one really bad night we hate each other so we have to stay focused and take care of business.

Got you about Bud.

I know you love your NE Team we can look at film all day. Can we put this to bed and say the better team won. I do think you guys will be fine for the rest of the year.
Fact is this is a 2A board about a 2A team that hasn't lost back to back games since Obama was president. So it is relevant to 2A and especially in the east. 3A board is wide open to talk about Havelock beating a team by 60 next week. Your welcomed to stay here and talk about though. Oh and Lets just leave the "dead horse" talk to the Clinton fans.lol.
I follow all classifications. I have travelled all over this state to see good football over the years. I remember Wooten when he was a assistant. I followed him close at Greene central and knew he was a good hire for Havelock. It's a football forum and we talk football. I really enjoy the the x's and o's and the gameplan part of it. I know for some fans it's not their style or cup of tea and that's ok. The way I see it, if you are a football fan of any team in the east it should be perfectly fine to talk about any team you like as long as it's an east thread and the thread creator doesnt mind. I'll engage you if I know something about your team. If you grew up in Eastern NC you know we are people of small towns and tight communities I apologize if that bleeds onto here with me. Its who I am.

Reactions: Otis4411
Both teams look sloppier than pig food

This is the second time I have heard Havelock looked sloppy, but they still keep winning. First against WRH and now against NE. Since this tread has gone all off in multiple directions. I do have to think back to when Havelock scrimmaged SWO and word was they put the smack down on us. My thoughts are this SWO will prolly get a 1 or 2 seed come playoffs, and have only taken one bad loss and that was to WRH. Every team improves throughout the year and with SWO more than likely receiving allot of home playoff games. It is a head turner, but SWO might be right back in the fight for a trip the championship. Man how a season can change in a blink of an eye. I literally called the Stallions terrible. Now I might be calling them eastern champs before to long. LETS GO SWO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the second time I have heard Havelock looked sloppy, but they still keep winning. First against WRH and now against NE. Since this tread has gone all off in multiple directions. I do have to think back to when Havelock scrimmaged SWO and word was they put the smack down on us. My thoughts are this SWO will prolly get a 1 or 2 seed come playoffs, and have only taken one bad loss and that was to WRH. Every team improves throughout the year and with SWO more than likely receiving allot of home playoff games. It is a head turner, but SWO might be right back in the fight for a trip the championship. Man how a season can change in a blink of an eye. I literally called the Stallions terrible. Now I might be calling them eastern champs before to long. LETS GO SWO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Everytime a team plays Havelock they use how much they lose by as a measuring stick lol. If they dont get beat by 50, its Havelock isnt as good as we thought, Havelock looks sloppy, Havelock isn't the same team as the past lol. It's cool, we aren't the same teams as the past... but 1 thing is for sure, whatever team we are this year we will be 95% the same team next year lol! We only lose 4 starters, so I think as long as we are winning this young then we can live with the measuring stick talk from teams we beat or wont put us on the schedule lol

Everytime a team plays Havelock they use how much they lose by as a measuring stick lol. If they dont get beat by 50, its Havelock isnt as good as we thought, Havelock looks sloppy, Havelock isn't the same team as the past lol. It's cool, we aren't the same teams as the past... but 1 thing is for sure, whatever team we are this year we will be 95% the same team next year lol! We only lose 4 starters, so I think as long as we are winning this young then we can live with the measuring stick talk from teams we beat or wont put us on the schedule lol

Havelock did not look sloppy against us. ( West Craven) We are still county rivals even though we dropped down to 2A. I love that Havelock continues to treat us as the rival we are. Hopefully one year soon we can meet the challenge again. I was at the WRH - Havelock game and honestly as I watched it I thought we could play with both of those teams. However as a good as we did play against Havelock we made too many mistakes and too many penalties which a good team like Havelock can cause you to do. But Havelock looked really good in that game. It was obvious the game film used in preparation was useless!! Lol Then you have WRH go to Wake Forrest and give a great showing going toe to toe with them for 3-1/2 great qtrs of football. So I think the WRH - Havelock may have been deceiving to watch as both teams played through early season jitters.

Reactions: easy252 and dogs79
Yes we do like you say we should when by 54 but it is good time to tighten things up for the next few games take no week off. The conf hasn’t been strong everyone knows it and all it takes is one really bad night we hate each other so we have to stay focused and take care of business.

Got you about Bud.

It's a good time to get some relief players a chance to get some playing time and make sure the starters are healthy and rested for the stretch run coming up in Conf. West Carteret may come out fired up but they just have too many weaknesses to give Havelock anything close to a game. Hopefully you get through this game with no injuries!!

Reactions: easy252 and downlo
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT