ADVERTISEMENT

Great moment at the end of Crest/Chase game

smashmouth5

Aug 25, 2001
Crest had the ball and took a knee with about ten seconds left. They then took a time out so the Chase offense could take the field. When Chase came back out they had a new RB in the game. I wish I knew the young man's name, but I think his team mates call him Tink. Tink took the pitch and then sped around the right end shaking Crest defenders...about 70 yards later he crossed the goal line. Chase and Crest both charged the end zone to celebrate. Tink is a special needs student that plays for Chase and this gave him a chance to get into a game and score a TD. I have watched a lot of Charger football over the years, but this is the greatest moment I have ever seen.

I love to see stuff like this. I'd be willing to bet that moment will stick with those young men, on both sides of the ball, for the rest of their lives.

Good to hear from you smash. Maybe our Eagles will put it all together one of these days. Your pal from the old boards, VI

That's what it's all about. Crest may have won the game on the scoreboard but in essence both teams won. I needed that after last night's tough Burns loss. Hats off to Chase and Crest.
Very much respect for Crest and Chase to let a young special needs man have his glory ! Kudos !

Very nice.Kid looks like Marquise Williams today against Georgia Tech.

Crest had the ball and took a knee with about ten seconds left. They then took a time out so the Chase offense could take the field. When Chase came back out they had a new RB in the game. I wish I knew the young man's name, but I think his team mates call him Tink. Tink took the pitch and then sped around the right end shaking Crest defenders...about 70 yards later he crossed the goal line. Chase and Crest both charged the end zone to celebrate. Tink is a special needs student that plays for Chase and this gave him a chance to get into a game and score a TD. I have watched a lot of Charger football over the years, but this is the greatest moment I have ever seen.
That's first class, Crest.

Damn Crest had to go and do something that awesome and now I have to be serious for once. That is nothing but class. I wish I could have watched his reaction crossing that goal line and his parents as well. Much respect guys, that was cool!

I liked the effort Crest appeared to put in to making the on him.That is as good as High School Football will ever get.

As a Crest Graduate I have to say I have never been more proud of my school than I am after watching this. So many people in the world today have selfish attitudes and are all about themselves. This shows that people in this world still have the need / want to assist and help others. Kudos for Coach Clark and the entire Crest Team for taking away their personal goals for one minute to provide a memory to a kid that he will remember for the rest of his life. Congrats!!!

Wow! What a wonderfully and classy thing to do. That has to make the Chargers and fans feel better than a 72-0 win and what a great thing to teach the kids. Normally careful not to let my respect for the Chargers show through, but cannot help myself with this one.

That's more important than a state title. Well done Chargers.

Okay now, let's not get carried away. A fantastic gesture and beautiful example to all involved, but if Tink is running for a State Championship win, I'm taking him out! :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT