ADVERTISEMENT

GOW Robbinsville at Cherokee

BravesGWY

Jan 5, 2015
what a battle this will be at the ray. Hope Cherokee gets some healed up or this will be a rough game. Two great lines going at it. Locust has become a man for Cherokee

I think every rb we have . The 3rd string who has been running the last few weeks went down in first qtr. our line is big a physical though. I bet mintz avg 10 plus yards a carry he just needs another option in backfield. They said last night Evans could of played but they making sure he is recovered. If he plays it makes huge diff as he is a load

#22 is better than he’s been given credit for. He would be a beast if given the chance. Hopefully he will recover and be able to play Friday.

Cant look to last year to determine anything. Both teams are far better than last year. Cherokee is finally experienced and talented. Robbinsville is more mature and hard nosed. Cherokee gets another game to prove themselves. Swain was a pivotal win but Robbinsville is also battle tested. If both teams come to play it’ll be a tough game. The Snowbird Rez will be representing. Go Knights

Did robbinsville play a public school outside of conference play.. ( actually I remember enka) for a schools many titles and great tradition there schedule is pitiful..and not because they can't find games but because they dodge games..for that reason GO BRAVES

Franklin played 2 1a schools and rabun gap and carolina wildcats.

Get your facts..we reached out and both had available dates...DEE Said no thanks..not having dumbass debate..we tried playing EVERY PUBLIC SCHOOL WEST OF HICKORY..just say what 90% of other schools said.."we can't beat yall"

WIR no disrespect but I am sure you have as much power choosing Franklins schedule as I do choosing Robbinsvilles. It doesn’t really matter who plays Franklin you are not going to get any clout for beating every great 1a school. Franklin has a great consistent program not going to debate it. Completely understand the plight of getting significant games for y’all. But scheduling is up to the schools and coaches. If the match up ever happens then of course this debate can continue.

This match up has happened many times.
Robbinsville holds a 23-17-1 edge.
Andrews holds a 12-09 edge over Franklin also.

These number are from memory but I'm within 1.

let's get back to talking about game....!

Cherokee line vs Robbinsville line will be huge. I think Cherokee could throw it if needed but they haven't little mintz has dominated when needed. If we can't run cause injuries could be a wild night

Reactions: TigerDen1
Ur RB wilk be back and healthy. Evans doesnt worry me its a QB running thats hard to deal with.

Evans healthy is a monster . 600 yards rushing through5 games and 12 td says diff he is huge

let's get back to talking about game....!

Cherokee line vs Robbinsville line will be huge. I think Cherokee could throw it if needed but they haven't little mintz has dominated when needed. If we can't run cause injuries could be a wild night
How bout I'll talk about what I WANNA talk about . If nobody want to talk about it then don't reply..but don't tell me what I can and can't talk about...every single SMC school and OFFICIATING crew suffer from " little mans syndrome "..

But on a serious note...how is Mr Ray Kinslands health...i had herd it wasn't good...He is a great man..it amazed me how he could run the clock..announce and keep the scorebook all by himaelf

And actually I MEAN it as a compliment to programs such as robbinsville Cherokee swain murphy that franklin ask to play..not because your 1a but because you have good programs good fan bases and would be good competition..better completion than many of the 2a and 3a mountian teams..i hope both teams come away healthy as they likely could meet again in playoffs..prayers for Mr Kinsland

As for the game..SHOULD be a CAPACITY crowd . imo if Cherokee is healthy I like them to win ..i think there QB will be best player in field

I officiated many games w him running clock scorebook and announcing...never a cross word..totally professional and a genuine great human being...he will be in my prayers..we may all agree to disagree on nc preps but no one will deny Mr Kinsland is a multi generational ICON..

1st 2nd and 3rd string running backs are healthy and will practice all week and play Friday. #22 got an ankle sprain the other night but nothing tape wont fix. Tye Mintz is healthy. Cade Mintz is healthy. Blake Smith is Healthy. Smith and Evans sat two games to heal, Could have played both games if needed. Offense and Defensive line is all healthy. Only injury Cherokee has hindering play is a backup defensive end from the Choctaw game(ACL)-Hernandez. Should be a good game

I doubt franklin would drill christ school, they have 4 or 5 D1 (not fcs either) college caliber players on their team where as franklin has 0

I doubt franklin would drill christ school, they have 4 or 5 D1 (not fcs either) college caliber players on their team where as franklin has 0

I seen their 9th grade team play and they would beat a lot of jv teams.

We tried playing Christ school..funny they wanted no part of it..pretty amazing franklin averaged double digit wins for 11 years w not one D1 player...

The staff at franklin could win ANYWHERE IN THE MOUNTAINS GIVEN 3 YRS TIME..of course I'm prejudice but I feel middle school thru varsity it's the best staff in the state..taking nothing away from many good coaches and staffs throughout...better get back to the game at hand...i done been scolded once by my friend from Cherokee

Cherokee has more weapons that Robbinsville. Robbinsville can't make excuses if they want to beat Cherokee. The laughable silver spoons excuse won't help the Black Knights against Cherokee.

Reactions: Squirrel Gravy
Braves appear to be healthy for Friday game, #20#55#70 big play makers..#20 number 4 RB in Andrews game did a great job when all others out.....good receiver too

it should be fun to watch these two lines go at it. Big physical kids going at it. I feel like which ever one gets the best will be the deciding factor

1st 2nd and 3rd string running backs are healthy and will practice all week and play Friday. #22 got an ankle sprain the other night but nothing tape wont fix. Tye Mintz is healthy. Cade Mintz is healthy. Blake Smith is Healthy. Smith and Evans sat two games to heal, Could have played both games if needed. Offense and Defensive line is all healthy. Only injury Cherokee has hindering play is a backup defensive end from the Choctaw game(ACL)-Hernandez. Should be a good game[/

Hope all the Braves are healthy. Robbinsville is a team that can’t be underestimated. Straughan stepped up at RB against Andrews and did a heck of a job. Byron Locust was in beast mode. The line is big and should dominate. In my opinion if #22 is able to play he should be running the ball, him and Straughan both showed straight up the middle, hard nosed running. Gonna be a great game in the Ray!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT