ADVERTISEMENT

GOW Robbinsville at Cherokee

Mintz’s legs worry me more than his arm. He is athletic and able to turn negative yards positive. I believe containing him is essential. They have a good RB in Evans and if he can get an opening it’ll be hard to catch him. R’villes line played great against the run versus Christ School and limited Gibbs from breaking runs. However this passed Friday, R’ville did not contain the RB. Big adjustments for Friday’s game which will happen. No one is going to call this an easy win for any side. It is whoever comes more ready and more hungry.

Should be great game. If Braves healthy they win. Knight's defense is better,but they have to stay off the field. If game becomes shoot out advantage Braves. Robbinsville can't throw the ball. My only ? is how hurt are the Braves. Could be the difference maker.

I believe it will come down to composure. Whichever team keeps their emotions in check without any stupid fouls will win. I believe it will be a close game and I hope it is left up to the athletes on the field, not the men in strips ! !

Robbinsville may go to their 4 corners offense like the did against Murphy to keep the Braves offense off the field.

Agree with mbdfan, Robbinsville defense won't allow that many points. This will be a good game. Robbinsville is underrated and should pull out the W

We have not allowed a 100 yd rusher this season. Gibbs is WNC leader and he only had 3.5 vs Robbinsville.

Reactions: Thatoneguy...
Ill stand by my pick. Different breed, Different seed. Whats yalls take on the game? Score pick? Or do we need a new thread for that?

Cannot say for certain what the score will be. I will say it would be within score of each other. I have to credit the big win Cherokee had against Swain. But Robbinsville has seen the harder schedule. Played a tough game to Murphy and like BK pointed out, held Gibbs to less than 100 yards. That is no small task for the areas top rusher. Not going to harp about Cherokee schedule, they are still a team that needs to be respected but have to give the W to R'ville. 28-26.

Braves keep the nights out of the end zone!!
Way to play DEFENSE Big Braves!!!
(so much for all the talk about the nites D)

Congrats to the Braves....Thought that both teams played great defense last night especially Cherokee as Robbinsville had the ball inside the 20 on 5 different occasions, but had to settle for FGs each time, making 3 of 5....Thought that last drive by Tye Mintz and the Braves was the difference as he led the Braves down the field in the last 50 seconds of the half for a TD with several great passes....Mintz is also difficult to corral as the Black Knights found out last night....Cherokee is in the drivers seat now after the Bulldogs lost at Swain....Should be a great one in a couple weeks at the Reservation...

As for the Black Knights, they will not be an easy out for anyone come playoff time, and thought that the Anderson kid really had a breakout game for Robbinsville last night, and should be one of the premier RBs in the SMC the next couple of years...

Your big on braves defense. Look at the yards and get back to my.

As for as knights defense.
Braves had 3 drives and a few 3 and outs.

We all knew how explosive the Braves offense was and now it appears that their defense is getting stronger at just the right time. Cherokee exercised the "bend but don't break" mentality last night keeping Robbinsville out of the endzone. That's an impressive feat, I don't care who you are!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT