ADVERTISEMENT

Freedom

Surely you’re not naive enough to believe they don’t know about all of the transferring going on and really rampant the past 10 plus years. Granted, wherever you are it may not be as rampant so I’ll give you that.
I think the NCHSAA has put the transfer rules in the hands of the local school districts. In our neck of the woods, parents find a way (legal or not) to get their child into other high schools. Plus some counties have open enrollment!

Surely you’re not naive enough to believe they don’t know about all of the transferring going on and really rampant the past 10 plus years. Granted, wherever you are it may not be as rampant so I’ll give you that.
So apparently you are saying YOU don't know what the transfer rules are. How can you blame them and don't even know the rules?

While I don't agree with everything the NCHSAA does, it never ceases to amaze me how many folks blame them for any and everything they perceive as wrong with HS football in NC.
People have no clue to what the rules and regulations are. Never even read any of it and it shows. They just take what some else says that don't even know either and run with it. Society is so uninformed.

LEA problem, heck I’m in an open enrollment county.

Reactions: beamer24
"Hawn’s departure means the coaching carousel will continue for Freedom football. Hawn was the fourth head coach in five seasons when he was hired, and whoever comes next will be the eighth different head coach in a 17-season span following Jason Watson, Mike Helms, Blair Hardin, Brandon Allen, Jim Bob Bryant, Luke Little and Hawn."

Reactions: FreedomAlum
I'd say that job is Reid's if he wants it.....rumor mill is the RB is shopping his skills around.

Yep, has been for a good while now. NCHSAA refuses to do anything about it.
Wow...I know nothing of this. Do tell.
We have seen a huge uptick of this in the Gaston/Cleveland county area the last 3-4 years in football ....I guess as it's swept across the rest of the state as well?
I know most of the teams in NC playing in the top 8 of the 3a west were majority teams with "recruits". I didn't think Hickory was...and was almost sure W. Henderson wasn't. Dudley, Crest, KM, W. Charlotte are for sure. I've heard rumors about Robinson but don't know for sure.

What is it like in that part of the mountains? Or is it happening around the Asheville area of the mountains at all or is the topography a limiting factor in us seeing this there? Haven't heard about ACR being part of that either....but maybe it's just I haven't heard yet.

"Hawn’s departure means the coaching carousel will continue for Freedom football. Hawn was the fourth head coach in five seasons when he was hired, and whoever comes next will be the eighth different head coach in a 17-season span following Jason Watson, Mike Helms, Blair Hardin, Brandon Allen, Jim Bob Bryant, Luke Little and Hawn."
Dang...there are some good coaching names on that list. All those that have come and gone can't be THE problem.

Transfers are a LOCAL SCHOOL SYSTEM issue, not the NCHSAA, as Sportsnut said in an earlier post. This is stated in the NCHSAA By-Laws. If they overstep those bounds, they are in lawsuit territory.

When you get into junk like New Bern was involved in (grade changing, athletes not attending classes, etc.) then it becomes an NCHSAA responsibility. Think about this: How in the world could the NCHSAA staff (about 15 people) investigate and rule on every transfer that takes place in 100 county school systems, plus another 10 or so city systems?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT