ADVERTISEMENT

Franklin coach?

Patience Mr. Biltmore!!! I think you’ll be happy if true? Especially since you have a lot of talent coming . Just a rumor so I’m not throwing out the name.

Was your rumor Coach Brooks returning yet again? Because that was what happened. An impassioned plea from an all-conference football player at last night's BoE meeting may or may not have sealed the deal, but we certainly heard that the players wanted him back.

Was your rumor Coach Brooks returning yet again? Because that was what happened. An impassioned plea from an all-conference football player at last night's BoE meeting may or may not have sealed the deal, but we certainly heard that the players wanted him back.
Too bad we can't do the same here in Canton. Anyway you guys got a good one.

Brooks is a great guy but it is still odd that Franklin is winding up here repeatedly. The last time Brooks resigned had a lot to do with his father and that situation changed so I get that, but this time seems more like he was ready for a different role so how much can you continually try to reinvigorate yourself when it seems like you’re done. You can’t help but wonder what kind of true interest the job is getting.

I know for a fact that as far WNC is concerned it is a good paying coach’s job just a peculiar set of circumstances.

Reactions: BlueVols
I'm not an insider, but I do understand that the whole search process was a bit convoluted. So when Chappell turned it down, that was probably the best choice for him and us. I don't know if the way this search was conducted is a part of the peculiar set of circumstances you bring up, but I do wonder how that would affect outside interest down the road.

As a fan I'm always happy to have Coach Josh leading the program but I am concerned about the next time he says he is done. We have people on staff that, in my limited opinion, can do the job that keep getting ignored. I hope we aren't spoiling our chance of eventually tapping the available talent for when Brooks says he is done and he isn't coming back.

Yes, by "peculiar" just meant it's odd that it keeps coming back to Brooks when it truly appears time to move on and that there doesn't seem to be a candidate that the committee is willing to even take a chance on. As for Chappell, that probably had more to do with location of Franklin based on where he is in life with his own kids lives/ activities.

So what changes? At some point you got to figure one of the parties tires of this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT