ADVERTISEMENT

Frank Spencer

In my mind, it’s lost some luster, 2 HS gyms vs. the Joel. And they are not even big HS Gyms. I guess Mt. Tabor will have home field advantage as if they need it. They are very good. Also, before Christmas not after.

Give me 8-0 and #1 ranked(1A)South Stokes...

My Question: South Stokes plays East Forsyth Tuesday. The two host schools are East Forsyth & Mt Tabor. Maxpreps says a neutral court. Does that mean the game will be at Mt Tabor at 5:30pm which I consider neutral because at East Forsyth is NOT neutral? seems confusing...Either way I like the Sauras.

Last edited:
Reactions: sbbbfan
I guess the days of WS Prep being a power house are over.
They were supposed to be over once before then came back and went to a Regional final. As long as they are in 1A with Forsyth County open enrollment you can get pretty good pretty fast there.

Since he left for Forsyth Country Day WSP hasn't been the same.
They were really good 2 years ago, but they haven't been as consistently good for sure. Kids gravitate to private schools these days, and it's going to keep going that way with the voucher expansion.

Last edited:
I don't ever recall a Guilford County team participating in the Frank Spencer Classic. Why this year, and why choose a Northwest Guilford squad that's probably more " down " than they've been in thirty years ? Thanks in advance.

Northwest Guilford had a decent team. It was even game until midway of third quarter. The 1a team South Stokes was the best team in the three games I witnessed.

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
#2 West Forsyth vs #3 South Stokes:

This is a tough matchup for me, I'm a diehard West Forsyth fan(especially football) and I've had multiple family members at both schools. I'm still going with South Stokes from what I've seen.
I want to see a matchup of Mt Tabor with Snook Peterkin & Jadon Blair vs these pure shooters from Walnut Cove who play defense and have amazing chemistry.

Last edited:
I don't ever recall a Guilford County team participating in the Frank Spencer Classic. Why this year, and why choose a Northwest Guilford squad that's probably more " down " than they've been in thirty years ? Thanks in advance.
idk I do agree....I think the lil 4 or haeco or whatever might have booted us out cause were so bad lol

#2 West Forsyth vs #3 South Stokes:

This is a tough matchup for me, I'm a diehard West Forsyth fan(especially football) and I've had multiple family members at both schools. I'm still going with South Stokes from what I've seen.
I want to see a matchup of Mt Tabor with Snook Peterkin & Jadon Blake vs these pure shooters from Walnut Cove who play defense and have amazing chemistry.
This should be a good matchup but I think South defense will be better.

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
Man the South Stokes vs West Forsyth was a defensive battle. They both played hard but South experience came through. Tomorrow will be a good championship

Winston Salem Journal today "David vs Goliath"

South Stokes is going for the Frank Spencer & CPC Championship tonight... Mt Tabor looked so good yesterday and it will be the 4th CPC team that South has played so far and it's the best CPC team. Dealing with the size & athletic ability of Mount Tabor's Snook Peterkin and JayDon Blair will be tough for the Sauras.

I'm still pulling for South. I think it's going to be close!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT