ADVERTISEMENT

Frank Spencer

Winston Salem Journal today "David vs Goliath"

South Stokes is going for the Frank Spencer & CPC Championship tonight... Mt Tabor looked so good yesterday and it will be the 4th CPC team that South has played so far and it's the best CPC team. Dealing with the size & athletic ability of Mount Tabor's Snook Peterkin and JayDon Blair will be tough to deal with for the Sauras.

I'm still pulling for South. I think it's going to be close!
Mt Tabor plays 8 or 9 players that may make a difference. I still think Mt Tabor is going to have a problem guarding South Stokes. #5 for South is tallest player but he is awesome ball handler.

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
In my mind, it’s lost some luster, 2 HS gyms vs. the Joel. And they are not even big HS Gyms. I guess Mt. Tabor will have home field advantage as if they need it. They are very good. Also, before Christmas not after.
Hard to play at the Joel when it’s close to an astronomical cost each day! Don’t think they would sell enough tickets to come close to breaking even on the costs for 1 day at the LJVM

Reactions: Hon Dines
The championship game was pretty full. It seemed 70 percent was South Stokes fans or neutral fans pulling for them. At the LJVM too many empty seats .

Was there plenty of seating available?
No it was sold out…. We was able to get there in time to get a seat but a lot of our friends couldn’t get in. Heard they turned away 300 people and $10 @ the door, that’s $3000 you turned away and that’s not including concessions. They should prolly find a big place just for the 2 championship games in my opinion.

No it was sold out…. We was able to get there in time to get a seat but a lot of our friends couldn’t get in. Heard they turned away 300 people and $10 @ the door, that’s $3000 you turned away and that’s not including concessions. They should prolly find a big place just for the 2 championship games in my opinion.
I didn't realize that, there was space available where we sat up top

I would guess with seating in the the ends, that both RJR and North would be bigger. But my guess there also has to be willingness to host and maybe neither one wanted to. Even though both have in the past.

Reactions: kingbluedevil
Hundreds, maybe a thousand people got turned away. The city should let them use the Annex for free. I mean, high schools struggle enough with money but I truly believe the city can give up the Annex at least for the Championship Game.

The sad thing was most of the people that got turned away were Mt Tabor fans. South Stokes is use to a packed gym...you better get there before the JV game... or you will miss out on the South Stokes Varsity games. Stokes County people showed up early and took over Mt Tabors Gym.

Reactions: kingbluedevil
Hundreds, maybe a thousand people got turned away. The city should let them use the Annex for free. I mean, high schools struggle enough with money but I truly believe the city can give up the Annex at least for the Championship Game.

The sad thing was most of the people that got turned away were Mt Tabor fans. South Stokes is use to a packed gym...you better get there before the JV game... or you will miss out on the South Stokes Varsity games. Stokes County people showed up early and took over Mt Tabors Gym.
Yes at 5:45 lined up and doors open at 6:00

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT