ADVERTISEMENT

Foreman vs Ali… Rumble in the Jungle!! Round 5

We might not be much but we don't quit. Them boys pack their lunch and go to work. Mountain to climb next Friday but it ain't nothing but a hill for a climber. Not too bad for our first year back in 2A. Looking forward to next week. God's good y'all. That's all I know to say.

Don’t know much bout East Surry, but this Shelby D is playing unreal football!!!
East is a good team and I think they will give Shelby a closer game than Reidsville did.

But in the end, Shelby will moving on to the 2A State Championship.

I have watched some videos on ES and they remind of Charlotte Catholic type teams.Very well coached with very good players that are fundamental sound.The QB is the real deal. I believe Florida just offered.

Es is average QB is terrible, he's a baseball commit not playing football in college.

Shelby by 45+
Word is, Florida offered for football, in addition to the baseball offer. You stating that's wrong? Anybody for sure?

Shelby's penalties is what keeps these teams in the game. East Surry looks like they would capitalize more than Reidsville would. Cant let them keep the score close.

east surry would capitalize better than we did I agree. Because when we had brief momentum’ ,shelby would take it right back with a turnover or something

Last edited:
East surrys QB has thrown for 3,293 yards this year and thrown 28 touchdowns. And also has 954 yards rushing and 23 touchdowns. If he's terrible I doubt he'd be putting up numbers like that 🤷. Keep in mind he's only a Jr so it'll be interesting to see what he does as a senior. I don't know if he'll touch his older brother's senior records though

East surrys QB has thrown for 3,293 yards this year and thrown 28 touchdowns. And also has 954 yards rushing and 23 touchdowns. If he's terrible I doubt he'd be putting up numbers like that 🤷. Keep in mind he's only a Jr so it'll be interesting to see what he does as a senior. I don't know if he'll touch his older brother's senior records though
Very impressive stats. I will check his Hudl out soon. I hope he makes a business decision, and runs less versus Shelby, though. We have some headhunters on that defense. Hopper and Hamrick come with bad intentions. Just nasty!

Very impressive stats. I will check his Hudl out soon. I hope he makes a business decision, and runs less versus Shelby, though. We have some headhunters on that defense. Hopper and Hamrick come with bad intentions. Just nasty!
I have a feeling Folger is gonna be doing a lot of running trying to avoid a sack Friday night lol. He's definitely good, statistically he's had a better Junior year than his brother did his junior year.

East has some studs on that oline , I wouldn’t mark one in the books just yet for Shelby ! This game will be close , I agree wish it was in pilot seems cards are very hard to beat at home

Since Maiden got one point blue-deviled by East Surry, maybe some of their posters have some suggestions as to what may happen...

Anyway, I think that Shelby on a haphazard day can handle the low to average 3A and some 4A teams; on a good day, even upper 3A teams should hide. Only way East Surry wins is if they are playing top ball and the Shelby team gets a bad haircut this week.

Reactions: kingbluedevil
Reidsville had no trouble routing East Surry at their place, of course that was in March of this year...lol....Good luck to the Cards at the Lions Den....you will definitely need it..........

I think it will be a close game. They look to be much more of a physical team and the threat of the QB running is a dynamic we haven't seen to much this year. Shelby had better come ready to go to war cause it won't be a walk in the park or easy like some on here are saying.

Reactions: BigRedFan27
Since Maiden got one point blue-deviled by East Surry, maybe some of their posters have some suggestions as to what may happen...

Anyway, I think that Shelby on a haphazard day can handle the low to average 3A and some 4A teams; on a good day, even upper 3A teams should hide. Only way East Surry wins is if they are playing top ball and the Shelby team gets a bad haircut this week.
Look at Sasha…trying to drag ole Creek into this “Rumble in the Jungle” thread! Good grief!….I’d much rather stay on the rasslin’ thread! 😜…but since it’s you….I’ll share.
Here’s something I noticed about East Surry that I have not mentioned to anyone. I really haven’t thought about it until I read your “bluedeviled by East Surry” remark. My Blue Devil brothers that sit with me at the games will tell you that I’m a terrible fan to sit with. I’m afraid that I would have to agree with them. I’m the official scorer for Max Preps on Maiden games…soooo….I rarely look up…my nose is always buried in my phone!
Btw…on the scoring….. I’d like to take this opportunity to apologize on the score correction that happened on the strip fumble…I accidentally selected Maiden….ugh! It was cold! My fingers were numb and my phone was cold-sluggish as well! I guess we’ll call it a fumble for ole Creek! I do the scoring so those that can’t be there…shut ins, out of state, etc….can keep up with our Boom Devils score as well!❤️

So anyway…..here’s what I noticed….East Surry’s fast pace of play. When they had the ball…..I could barely keep up. I’ve been scoring for 3 years….East Surry is the fastest pace of play…I’ve scored yet! Yep! it was cold… but I’ve been in some cold games before…and never struggled like I did with East Surry. Their offense really clicks….like it’s on a timer….add in the flawless misdirection plays…with a really big and tough offensive line and mule strong runners…it’s truly an effective offense! They bring it…and bring it quick! No time for rest…no time to think….just lineup quick as you can and try to stop it!..again and again and again! Ole Boaz can sling it too! He made some perfect passes at absolutely critical times during the game. Again!…hats off to this bunch…they played a great game.

If anyone out there thought Maiden had a chance against Shelby….I don’t know why they wouldn’t think East Surry had a chance as well!

I do!😜

Look at Sasha…trying to drag ole Creek into this “Rumble in the Jungle” thread! Good grief!….I’d much rather stay on the rasslin’ thread! 😜…but since it’s you….I’ll share.
Here’s something I noticed about East Surry that I have not mentioned to anyone. I really haven’t thought about it until I read your “bluedeviled by East Surry” remark. My Blue Devil brothers that sit with me at the games will tell you that I’m a terrible fan to sit with. I’m afraid that I would have to agree with them. I’m the official scorer for Max Preps on Maiden games…soooo….I rarely look up…my nose is always buried in my phone!
Btw…on the scoring….. I’d like to take this opportunity to apologize on the score correction that happened on the strip fumble…I accidentally selected Maiden….ugh! It was cold! My fingers were numb and my phone was cold-sluggish as well! I guess we’ll call it a fumble for ole Creek! I do the scoring so those that can’t be there…shut ins, out of state, etc….can keep up with our Boom Devils score as well!❤️

So anyway…..here’s what I noticed….East Surry’s fast pace of play. When they had the ball…..I could barely keep up. I’ve been scoring for 3 years….East Surry is the fastest pace of play…I’ve scored yet! Yep! it was cold… but I’ve been in some cold games before…and never struggled like I did with East Surry. Their offense really clicks….like it’s on a timer….add in the flawless misdirection plays…with a really big and tough offensive line and mule strong runners…it’s truly an effective offense! They bring it…and bring it quick! No time for rest…no time to think….just lineup quick as you can and try to stop it!..again and again and again! Ole Boaz can sling it too! He made some perfect passes at absolutely critical times during the game. Again!…hats off to this bunch…they played a great game.

If anyone out there thought Maiden had a chance against Shelby….I don’t know why they wouldn’t think East Surry had a chance as well!

I do!😜
One more…..East Surry’s kicking game is excellent….FG kicker is long and accurate!…..and their punter can kick it a country mile!
That kicker is really good at onside kicking as well…can’t wait to watch Shelby bumbling around trying to catch that rabbit! That kicker is crafty with it…for sure!😂

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT