ADVERTISEMENT

For those of you in WNC…

Razzamatazz

Apr 8, 2021
that can’t make it out to a stadium tonight, the My40 TV Friday Night Rivals game is the CHASE High Trojans hosting North Gaston.

While this is not the first time My40 has been to Rutherford Co, I think they showed the RS Central/East Rutherford game a few years back, this has to be the first TV broadcast of a CHASE home football game. Exciting times on The Farm.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Can anybody tell me why were typing Chase in all uppercase letters this year? I've seen a couple different papers doing the same thing. What'd I miss? Lol

Can anybody tell me why were typing Chase in all uppercase letters this year? I've seen a couple different papers doing the same thing. What'd I miss? Lol
CHASE is an acronym for all the communities/townships it serves.

C = Caroleen and Cliffside
H = Henrietta and Harris and High Shoals
A = Avondale
S = Shiloh and Sandy Mush
E = Everyone else

CHASE is an acronym for all the communities/townships it serves.

C = Caroleen and Cliffside
H = Henrietta and Harris and High Shoals
A = Avondale
S = Shiloh and Sandy Mush
E = Everyone else
I get that. But it's never been typed CHASE before. It's always been Chase. That's what I'm not understanding.

Good god don’t remind me of the RS/ east game ..... that was one of the worst ass whippings that I have seen in a long time!!! That was a true embarrassment for RS 😂

I get that. But it's never been typed CHASE before. It's always been Chase. That's what I'm not understanding.
When I took over the sports editor job, there was a big push by the school to use CHASE as opposed to Chase because it was an acronym. I think it had just been overlooked for so long, that when the school took on "The Farm" nickname, they decided to go all in. A lot of my local readers that graduated from CHASE in the 80s and 90s have loved the new way of writing it as CHASE, so I've stuck with it.

P.S. The A is Avondale and Alexander Mills.

When I took over the sports editor job, there was a big push by the school to use CHASE as opposed to Chase because it was an acronym. I think it had just been overlooked for so long, that when the school took on "The Farm" nickname, they decided to go all in. A lot of my local readers that graduated from CHASE in the 80s and 90s have loved the new way of writing it as CHASE, so I've stuck with it.

Gotcha! Thanks. Didn't have an issue with it just wasn't sure why it was different this year! Thanks for helping

Reactions: TDCSportsEditor

I was going to throw that in there, but thought the cut off was the bridge there below the TJ grammar school. Plus Alex Mills has now been incorporated into Forest City.

Reactions: notanyonesfan
I was going to throw that in there, but thought the cut off was the bridge there below the TJ grammar school. Plus Alex Mills has now been incorporated into Forest City.
Understandable. I would say when the acronym was created, that wasn't an issue, but I'm not sure where that would fall now. I assume it stays just because it was there when it was created, but nobody is going to tell us either way we are wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT