ADVERTISEMENT

Farmville Central 4-0 @ SW Edgecombe 3-1

SWE'98

Aug 17, 2010
Conference time is here for the Eastern Plains, and what better way to start off than a matchup with an explosive offense in FC vs the team picked to win the conference. Last season, SWE handed the high flying Jaguars their first loss in a 54-48 barn burner. Later that year, the 9-2 Jags visited SWE in round 2 of the playoffs, just to be sent home with a 55-12 butt shining. FC is once again coming into this matchup undefeated and once again with a potent offense. They've only given up 32 points in four games, and their coach, a Frank Beamer (Va Tech) product said that this is the best defense they've had since he's been coaching there. SWE started out on fire offensively, but have struggled to find the end zone in its last two outings (15 and 14 respectfully). Both of those teams have great defenses, so it'll be interesting to see if this FC defense is as good as they are saying they are over in Farmville. My money is on the good guys at home, 34-22.

False start on first play, followed by 20 yrs run to the 20. On the next play, number 13 fo FC is hit with an unsportsmanlikes penalty and is ejected.

FC coach has been upset about giving up two kickoff returns for tds this season. They are kicking it off extremely short. I remember we used to do that because we had a great defense. Giving the offense a short field was no big deal with that defense, so kicking it short and increasing the chance to recover the ball was worth the risk.

1st play, play action pass on the money to wide open receiver in stride for the touchdown! I cannot say enough how accurate our QB is. If it's incomplete , it's the receiver's fault. Best swe QB ever.
SWE 7 FC 3.

Great defense inside the red zone forces another fg attempt. It's good.
SWE 7 FC 6

I know the FC coach is fuming! After acknowledging his anger over giving up kickoff tds, SWE returns one 70 yards straight up the sideline!
SWE 14 FC 6

Reactions: CrazyHeel
FC ball at own 36. 30+ yard run to the SWE 34 ends the quarter.
SWE leads 14-6.

Hard counts are getting us. And the option is really testing our lateral speed.

Two consecutive fumbles recovered by the offense makes it 3rd and 17. Pass incomplete. FC punts a line drive that lumbers all the way to the SWE 3.

We take it out to the 30, but on 3rd down, our receiver drops a first down pass. We punt to the FC 38.

After all those dropped passes last week vs Tarboro, I hope we did something to work on that.

Another solid 3 and out. Punt blocked! Knew it was coming. Been close every other time. SWE ball at FC 43.

We've outplayed them so far. Yet if they score at td, a 2pt con will tie it up smh. That's what turnovers will do and how upsets happen.

After a reception, the FC defender lays a big hit and starts beating his chest. Dude, I'd understand all that if you separated the ball from the player, but we ended up with a gain of 8. So what are you celebrating?? Lol

After a reception, the FC defender lays a big hit and starts beating his chest. Dude, I'd understand all that if you separated the ball from the player, but we ended up with a gain of 8. So what are you celebrating?? Lol
That was a hard lick...Both stands appreciated that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT