ADVERTISEMENT

ER @ MA

Day after Thanksgiving game with #2 Mt Airy hosting #3 Eastern Randolph…
Also heard through grapevine that #1 is playing #4?
How’s that RPI thing figured again? 🤷‍♂️
RPI works best for sports with less games in a season, it's 3 layers deep.

Maxpreps is way better for longer seasons. Maxpreps Algorithm is thousands of layers deep and the more data you have, the better it will be. In all seriousness, the NCAA should look into a formula similar to maxpreps. With large data samples, it was proven to be a VERY accurate predictor.

Reactions: BK13T-$ and mbdfan
My.airy is going to have to play a team thats actually good and will be hard to beat. Good luck ER the bulldogs will be pulling for you guys.
I don’t understand your logic at all. We have a 27 game winning streak and that included playing ER, Tarboro and North Rowan that I believe beat you all. It will be a great game and we look forward to the challenge. Two great fan bases. Now if you want to come watch the game and join us tailgating we would love to have you but coming up starting trouble not gonna happen.

You should.
The next week I'm going find out.
BK you just take care of business next week and don’t worry about the bears. I told you before the playoffs ever started we were coming for robbinsville and it is right on track. We told you we didn’t care where we played you even if Walmart parking lot. You will see more fans than you ever have seen before, such a shame we have to play in that risky dink cracker box “The Big Oaks”. You only beat Murphy 26-3m21 so if I were you I would be worried and pulling for ER too

BK you just take care of business next week and don’t worry about the bears. I told you before the playoffs ever started we were coming for robbinsville and it is right on track. We told you we didn’t care where we played you even if Walmart parking lot. You will see more fans than you ever have seen before, such a shame we have to play in that risky dink cracker box “The Big Oaks”. You only beat Murphy 26-3m21 so if I were you I would be worried and pulling for ER too
26-21

• Haha
Reactions: BK13T-$
I think this one goes 1 of 2 ways. It's a high scoring back and forth affair or it goes like the Draughn game last year.
Right that way it looks could go ether way.
Don't know about the ER D but just looking at stats this will probably the best passing team MA has seen this year, in that video shown from last night the QB got a good arm and Murphy burned MA on a couple passes last night.

Last edited:
When you play next week…..now whose butt hurt. Not the bears. Better luck next year maybe your team will make it to mount airy then
What the hell are you talking about I never once said we would beat NR but god I hope they kick y’all’s ass so tired of annoying Mt.airy fans like you. I said what I said get over it

Last edited:
When you play next week…..now whose butt hurt. Not the bears. Better luck next year maybe your team will make it to mount airy then
Cool down, we have a week to go and a good team to play that passes a lot. Without the passing game, Murphy may not have scored on Mount Airy.

Last edited:
Calpreps has Mount airy 31-28. Ikik games aren't on computer
Wait…
Is that the prediction for game scheduled for next Friday? Thought NCHSAA was going to allow top seeds to skip that one?
What it sounds like from a couple of folks in respective fan bases. Heck I think I even read where a few were requesting names so they could “rumble” in parking lot near some big trees before game?
Man I need to go to bed. Starting to wear that sarcasm font out…😴

I think you're feeling good hey dog. I think that's great man. This is a much better playoff than last year. I think Eastern Randolph probably had a bad game against y'all last night. I think they're a really good football team. I'm pretty sure Mitchell and Murphy would have given you all you could handle. And I'm pretty sure Murphy would have whipped your ass from watching you guys on film. Super undisciplined not in the way of penalties of personal fouls but in technique etc. From what I heard Eastern Randolph had a pretty bad game last night. You guys at Thomas will get rolling you guys might fans just like Mount Airy does. In Mount airys are obnoxious as hell. But anyway I don't think you guys were in the class of the teams that are in this last division. So be glad you got where you got with a third string quarterback. He plays maybe you're talking more shit.

The same Murphy team that gave up 28 points to bad Bishop McGuiness team and barely beat Andrews by a TD? Well, if ER played that bad against us, maybe they will whip your asses if they come to play Friday. :)

I don’t understand your logic at all. We have a 27 game winning streak and that included playing ER, Tarboro and North Rowan that I believe beat you all. It will be a great game and we look forward to the challenge. Two great fan bases. Now if you want to come watch the game and join us tailgating we would love to have you but coming up starting trouble not gonna happen.
Not the same NR team. We beat them 45-13 last year before you did in the playoffs. If they beat the rust knights and the bears win Friday it could be interesting....

I seen couple Bear players yesterday and they said ER will be tough that they are very good. We talked to several of these guys last week before the game and us MA fans don't represent those players or coaches because they are far from cocky. Those young men are grounded and very humble and have a lot of respect for all there opponents. Those guys know ER will be best team they will have played this season.

I am glad I get to see this game in person this year. I was vacating last year and had to watch a terrible nfhs video feed. I think Mount Airy pass defense will be up to the task this week. You could telll they were upset at themselves for the td passes Murphy was able to make this past week. I think ER gave MA the spark last year to move on and take the title last year. I am hoping for a great game this year and I think we will get one. MA fans have much respect for the ER program. ER is always in the top contender conversations these past years. I always like the kidd’s post too.

• Love
Reactions: thekidd12
RPI works best for sports with less games in a season, it's 3 layers deep.

Maxpreps is way better for longer seasons. Maxpreps Algorithm is thousands of layers deep and the more data you have, the better it will be. In all seriousness, the NCAA should look into a formula similar to maxpreps. With large data samples, it was proven to be a VERY accurate predictor.
Well firstly what sports have less games than football in HS?
Secondly RPI seeding across all four classes(that is 1-4 in east and west in semis)
1A 7 of 8
2A 5 of 8
3A 7 of 8
4A 5 of 8 with one of seeds being a 5 upset over a 4.
Of the 32 seeds across all classifications 24 teams seeded in the top four advanced to semifinals
To me, getting 75% of the seeds in to round four is impressive.

I am glad I get to see this game in person this year. I was vacating last year and had to watch a terrible nfhs video feed. I think Mount Airy pass defense will be up to the task this week. You could telll they were upset at themselves for the td passes Murphy was able to make this past week. I think ER gave MA the spark last year to move on and take the title last year. I am hoping for a great game this year and I think we will get one. MA fans have much respect for the ER program. ER is always in the top contender conversations these past years. I always like the kidd’s post too.
You like me. You really really like me…
Have to admit my Sally Field is a little rusty 🤷‍♂️

Kidd how good is ER if #3 doesn't transfer in. This kid is a stud!
Would have been totally different obviously, however I feel confident adjustments would have been made to fit the players. Probably would have relied on big tailback even more. Jani Norwood is a force on both sides of ball on the line so might have been more ground and pound. Freshman QB will be very good, even though I think he's a better baseball player. Would have taken him awhile to adjust to varsity speed I think. Also #3 is the punter as well and very good at it. Truthfully probably wouldn't have scored as many points but the way their no name defense has played for most of the year might have had similar record.

If you can't stop #5 it doesn't matter who plays MA. That guy is special and would be special in any classification. I know it sounds simple and obvious, but I don't see how anyone at the 1A level can/will stop that guy. Not only is he quick/fast, but he hits the holes and changes on the dime. Good luck in the attempt as I don't have a dog in this game, but he's almost unstoppable.

If you can't stop #5 it doesn't matter who plays MA. That guy is special and would be special in any classification. I know it sounds simple and obvious, but I don't see how anyone at the 1A level can/will stop that guy. Not only is he quick/fast, but he hits the holes and changes on the dime. Good luck in the attempt as I don't have a dog in this game, but he's almost unstoppable.
I like the way he carries himself on the field. He looks the same if he gets the ball or not. From the few games I've watched him play he is a team player 100 percent.

I agree but if you key on him #4 pretty dang good and #15 the qb and heart of the team is back. He looked good Friday night. #25 should play more also this week.

Would have been totally different obviously, however I feel confident adjustments would have been made to fit the players. Probably would have relied on big tailback even more. Jani Norwood is a force on both sides of ball on the line so might have been more ground and pound. Freshman QB will be very good, even though I think he's a better baseball player. Would have taken him awhile to adjust to varsity speed I think. Also #3 is the punter as well and very good at it. Truthfully probably wouldn't have scored as many points but the way their no name defense has played for most of the year might have had similar record.
Watched Thomasville game with ER and the kid that came in wasn't bad but #3 is legit. ER is a very solid team and play together. Friday will be a battle!

Last edited:
Nice to see all the friendly conversation and mutual respect amongst two good teams. We wish both sides the best of luck and hope to be able to come out on top this time around.
A lot of respect for them! Enjoyed going down there last year. If they beat MA it will be bc they were better and that could happen. Really like Kidd he is always respectful on here!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT