ADVERTISEMENT

EG at SP

SP wins ugly. Not a good night for the Raiders. Kudos for toughening it out when they did not bring the A game. EG with some good athletes and massive OL, shoved SP around a lot of the night. Cam Medlock did yeoman's work in the 2nd half to grind the Raiders to victory, but it was not easy. Cannot believe that this is the ref crew that made it to the fourth round. All that I can say is pitiful. EL is going to be a load, cannot believe the way that they demolished KM.

SP wins ugly. Not a good night for the Raiders. Kudos for toughening it out when they did not bring the A game. EG with some good athletes and massive OL, shoved SP around a lot of the night. Cam Medlock did yeoman's work in the 2nd half to grind the Raiders to victory, but it was not easy. Cannot believe that this is the ref crew that made it to the fourth round. All that I can say is pitiful. EL is going to be a load, cannot believe the way that they demolished KM.
Winning with their A or B game doesn't matter. I imagine the coach was trying to give Blee some healing room so he can face EL where we will need our A++ game.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Hats off to EG. They played exactly the type of game that gave them the best shot to win IMO. Blee didn’t do much on the stat sheet for yards but he did exactly what he had to. EG did a great job of running the ball and controlling the clock as best they could. They stayed balanced and most of the night made sure that running the Qb would have been a losing option.

Last edited:
What calls were made that you don't agree with? Honestly just curious

Only call I really didn’t agree with was the blindside block. I did feel like the blocker went against the flow of the play but it also wasn’t necessary. Some calls just ain’t gonna go your way, best just to play as smart as possible.

Reactions: raidertime
Only call I really didn’t agree with was the blindside block. I did feel like the blocker went against the flow of the play but it also wasn’t necessary. Some calls just ain’t gonna go your way, best just to play as smart as possible.
My understanding is anytime you block toward your goal line it's gonna get called. I don't agree with the rule but yeah it sucks

That’s the way I understand it as well, I just didn’t feel like it was in that direction. I felt he came from the side into the sideline. I was on the far end zone side though. Either way the same could have been accomplished with a nice push.

I virtually never mention penalties when we lose because it sounds like sour grapes. The time to call them out is when we win. The block in the back was a bad call. It was straight from the side. The onside kick, they were both offsides and touched before it went 10 yds. with no call. Multiple missed holding calls. EG was assessed one five yard penalty for the entire game which was for a very obvious procedure penalty. They were not as flawless as the officiating would suggest. SP was called for 3 facemask and the block in the back. I can't say whether the facemask happened because they were all when players were in a scrum, but they were able to see those but not see holding when the olineman was isolated in the backfield. Nothing more to say. Move on to EL.

Hats off to EG. They played exactly the type of game that gave them the best shot to win IMO. Blee didn’t do much on the stat sheet for yards but he did exactly what he had to. EG did a great job of running the ball and controlling the clock as best they could. They stayed balanced and most of the night made sure that running the Qb would have been a losing option.
I figured that EG had gained a lot of confidence in their post season play and would be tough to beat and was not surprised by the closeness of the final score. Given the issues Blee had and their focus on him, we probably played as well as we could. Hopefully, he will be back at full-strength next Friday and able to play like he did two weeks ago and that EL will have their bad playoff game next week.

Really impressed with EGs coaches and kids. They played hard, clean and smart. Their OL is really good. I know they are big, but what was impressive was that they were actually good. Another impressive defensive effort from SP. A lot of great open field tackles all night long.

Reactions: sasha_nc
Really impressed with EGs coaches and kids. They played hard, clean and smart. Their OL is really good. I know they are big, but what was impressive was that they were actually good. Another impressive defensive effort from SP. A lot of great open field tackles all night long.
Granted they will be without the QB and a few other players next year, but perhaps this post-season run will help them to beat Dudley next year- not sure why they didn't this year unless the refs called all the bad ones on EG and not on Dudley.

Dudley was the best team that SP has played. They didn’t do a good job of playing assignment football that night. They are still a loaded team and I expect them to be back next year among the top teams. I’d bet good money that they win their conference going away. I’d also hate to play them if I were any of these teams that run spread formations and want to throw the ball. It’s all about match ups in football I believe if Dudley had played on the other side of the bracket they’d still be in it IMO.

Dudley was the best team that SP has played. They didn’t do a good job of playing assignment football that night. They are still a loaded team and I expect them to be back next year among the top teams. I’d bet good money that they win their conference going away. I’d also hate to play them if I were any of these teams that run spread formations and want to throw the ball. It’s all about match ups in football I believe if Dudley had played on the other side of the bracket they’d still be in it IMO.
If Dudley was the best and they had a bad night while we had a great night, I hope the same thing happens this Friday when SP plays EL.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT