ADVERTISEMENT

EG at SP

seadog28

Oct 4, 2004
What’s the deal? Hard for me to believe they are better than Crest. Any info is appreciated.

They can pass the ball but they go as the run goes. They can be explosive in the running game. It’ll be a tuff ball game.

I sure hope they run the ball more than they throw it. SP’s pass defense couldn’t cover a cat turd with a
10 X 12 tarp last night.

I just hope SP is healthy for this one. I’m not sure why one of the defensive backs was out much of last night. I do know Blee took a shot to the knee on the first play and was hobbled all night. It appeared he couldn’t even push off that leg coming out of the half.

Eastern Guilford finished 6-1 (6-4 overall) coming in 2nd to conference foe Dudley. Average score was 50- 6 for their 6 conference wins (ranging from .62-34 h/l vs 0-21 l/h); comparable to Dudley's 48.5 - 0 score average.
Losses were to:
Dudley (51-13) W 10
Northern Guilford (44-15) W1 NC
Williams (41-20) W2 NC
Western Alamance (28-26) W3 NC

Low end of the #2 seeds at #20; defeated:
10 Parkwood (56-42)
7 Erwin (62-42)
2 West Henderson (35-17)

Can run and pass -Jaiden Evans [RB/MLB] is their biggest rusher with 1423 yds (ranked between Cam Medlock 1538 and Patrick Blee 1303); Javen Cole is their next best with 688 yds.
Tyreik Boyd is their QB who has passed for 1688 yds; top receivers - Steven Murray [WR/DB] (629 yds); Ryan Larkin [WR/CB] (368 yds); Marcus Bynum (294 yds) [WR/CB].

Size wise - they are comparable in size to SP although some of the D guys are between 240-300. Two seniors : #65 (C/DT) weighs in at 339 and they have #76 (OL/DL) who comes in at 370.

They can score easily against weaker or mismatched opponents. It likely helps them psychologically that Dudley is out and they are still in. They appear to play some keys players both ways - need to wear them down defensively and offensively. We must treat them as if they are Dudley and Crest wrapped into one. Score without mercy and continue until the end.

GO BIG RED MACHINE!!!!

I just hope SP is healthy for this one. I’m not sure why one of the defensive backs was out much of last night. I do know Blee took a shot to the knee on the first play and was hobbled all night. It appeared he couldn’t even push off that leg coming out of the half.
#8 Rumph tweaked his elbow somehow. Not really sure but he had it iced up after the half and didn’t return to action until that last drive.

GreensboroSports.com is calling EG the 'road dogs'.

Eastern Guilford finished 6-1 (6-4 overall) coming in 2nd to conference foe Dudley. Average score was 50- 6 for their 6 conference wins (ranging from .62-34 h/l vs 0-21 l/h); comparable to Dudley's 48.5 - 0 score average.
Losses were to:
Dudley (51-13) W 10
Northern Guilford (44-15) W1 NC
Williams (41-20) W2 NC
Western Alamance (28-26) W3 NC

Low end of the #2 seeds at #20; defeated:
10 Parkwood (56-42)
7 Erwin (62-42)
2 West Henderson (35-17)

Can run and pass -Jaiden Evans [RB/MLB] is their biggest rusher with 1423 yds (ranked between Cam Medlock 1538 and Patrick Blee 1303); Javen Cole is their next best with 688 yds.
Tyreik Boyd is their QB who has passed for 1688 yds; top receivers - Steven Murray [WR/DB] (629 yds); Ryan Larkin [WR/CB] (368 yds); Marcus Bynum (294 yds) [WR/CB].

Size wise - they are comparable in size to SP although some of the D guys are between 240-300. Two seniors : #65 (C/DT) weighs in at 339 and they have #76 (OL/DL) who comes in at 370.

They can score easily against weaker or mismatched opponents. It likely helps them psychologically that Dudley is out and they are still in. They appear to play some keys players both ways - need to wear them down defensively and offensively. We must treat them as if they are Dudley and Crest wrapped into one. Score without mercy and continue until the end.

GO BIG RED MACHINE!!!!

Freaking outstanding, Sasha! Thanks! Gonna be another dog fight with the “road dogs”!

Reactions: sasha_nc
seadog, if we make it to the "Big Game", I fully expect you to fly your carcass up here, even f you have to grow a pair of wings.
459fa734ae18b7aaf7939634f1321187.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: seadog28
I trust that EG strategy is not to make every effort to hurt Patrick. Tackle is OK but wishing a HS kid is unable to get up is not right.

So EG lost to Dudley 51 to 13 and just last week SP scored 70 something on Dudley. This game should be a real barnburner.

Only thing thats is sad. Eastern Guilford don't seem to have much fan support. Whats up with that Eastern Guilford?

Eastern Guilford is a county school that since the merger in the 1990s has gotten half of its students from eastern Greensboro. Students at the eastern corner of Cone Blvd and Yanceyville Street ( 1 mile = 1 block from Page) all go to EG. In fact the street I am on in NE Greensboro is split between NE and Eastern Guilford even though those schools are 8-15 miles from here and Page is less than 2-3 miles away.

Eastern Guilford is a county school that since the merger in the 1990s has gotten half of its students from eastern Greensboro. Students at the eastern corner of Cone Blvd and Yanceyville Street ( 1 mile = 1 block from Page) all go to EG. In fact the street I am on in NE Greensboro is split between NE and Eastern Guilford even though those schools are 8-15 miles from here and Page is less than 2-3 miles away.
Politics... It's a shame that a lot of talent that should be going to Page is bussed out 30 minutes to Eastern Guilford.

Reactions: Kadyn930
Politics... It's a shame that a lot of talent that should be going to Page is bussed out 30 minutes to Eastern Guilford.
You and I both know that anything east of Elm or Church Streets is considered trash in Greensboro and continue to be until the wealthier folks can figure out how to force out the remaining poor folks out to big more large mansions.

Miss Sasha I take it your not a big fan of EG. Sounds like if you’ve got to lose, you’d rather lose to Dudley than EG.

Miss Sasha I take it your not a big fan of EG. Sounds like if you’ve got to lose, you’d rather lose to Dudley than EG.
I hate losing games period. I have no feeling about EG, NEG, or Dudley,. However, if I had had any children and they were playing against SP, I would be pulling for SP to win. I think the EG team is a stronger one than expected and would like to get some payback for last year's loss at our place. They have some of the same players (QB Tyreik Boyd, Ryan Larkin, etc). We won by 10 last year in a shootout. Even though we beat Dudley by 33, the score still felt too close at 48-29 and at 55-41. If I were coaching our RR team, I would look at the 21 SP-EG game to see where we could improve against their style of play and compare it to the EG-West Henderson game to see what changes in personnel and style they have.

Also, my comment about anything east of Elm and Church is the basic political/economic reality, not my opinion on any of the schools. Eastern Greensboro has been the last areas to be developed because everywhere else has maxed out. I have lived east of Church Street for the last 30+ years.

Last edited:
Reactions: seadog28
I’m planning on attending this one. Hope the system moves through before or after the game. Or they miss it. Anyway pulling for SP

I wish there were some EG fans on here that we could aggravate. Not much fun mouthing between ourselves

They won’t have quite as far to travel. I can’t imagine having a team playing in the 4th round of the playoffs and not supporting them if your able. I think they are still saying 60 - 70% chance of rain Friday. That would put a damper on things for sure.

I wish there were some EG fans on here that we could aggravate. Not much fun mouthing between ourselves
I imagine that some of the Greenboro/EG kids have more important things to be aggravated by - homelessness among families who were forced out of jobs during COVID and the subsequent price increases in homes and food,; being shot while walking down the street or sitting on their front porch because some gang member invokee has to kill someone, or life in general has hit them hard. I know they have tried to raise money to get enough funds for the team, cheerleaders, etc. to get to their three away games.

Reactions: AlwaysAWolf
They have posted the following on their FB football page. unfortunately an hour before game time will mean a long walk for lots of EG Wildcats.

316549299_512658404212593_5837449022244515629_n.jpg

Tyson Riley had 372 yards rushing and 5 tds against Eastern Guilford last year and I expect our team to have a great night rushing this year as well.

You can't be serious? EG lose talent every year to Page, Dudley, Smith and now Grimsley having strong basketball and football programs because of recruiting tools. If the kids who stay in EG district all went to EG they would have had a great chance to win states in football and boys and girls basketball within the last 5 years. 2 D1 basketball players 6'7 EG middle school never made it to the HS and 6'8 left junior year 6'2 guard left for Page junior year. 2 D1 girls basketball players went to another school Ragsdale and Dudley that stay in EG district. Northeast Guilford HS has a dynamic wr who left Eastern Guilford after sophomore year. Most of EG talent is home grown that came through Sedalia Elementary, and Eastern Middle.

As for the football game with what SP did to Dudley you would think they will roll EG but anything can happen. Evans EG running back smaller guy but runs hard missed the 1st 3 games of the season. They have been able to put up some big scoring #s but also gave up a lot of points hopefully they can pull it all together and get another road victory.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT