ADVERTISEMENT

Edenton/Northeastern

Threads dead already? We lost, it's not the end of our season. I've always stood behind our coach and never questioned anything but do we not have an under two no huddle offense? Our qb looked lost, and I really like him. Deer in headlights is what we looked like. We had two minutes and a really good qb to drive the field. We make it to the 30 with 18 seconds and get one play off. How,smh, just extremely poor clock management. But what do I know, I'm definitely no coach. We have some good receivers,an awesome qb, but we chose to run the ball 3 or 4 times under two minutes. I just don't understand. Why didnt we save out timeouts in this close game, I just don't get it. Edenton looked good and we had no answer for Stanley.

Threads dead already? We lost, it's not the end of our season. I've always stood behind our coach and never questioned anything but do we not have an under two no huddle offense? Our qb looked lost, and I really like him. Deer in headlights is what we looked like. We had two minutes and a really good qb to drive the field. We make it to the 30 with 18 seconds and get one play off. How,smh, just extremely poor clock management. But what do I know, I'm definitely no coach. We have some good receivers,an awesome qb, but we chose to run the ball 3 or 4 times under two minutes. I just don't understand. Why didnt we save out timeouts in this close game, I just don't get it. Edenton looked good and we had no answer for Stanley.
Well, I'm gonna give this hot take so bare with me... If there is one thing I know from watching coach Moore is that he knows his team better than any coach I have witnessed. He knows his teams weakness and how to fix it. I know alot of eagle fans are questioning the end of the game and how it went down. Moore knows full well how to win at the end of games. I'm willing to bet he was disappointed in his team and will use this as a humbling experience now, instead of when it matters. You have to remember that championship game last year is still fresh in his mind. I think his team went into that championship game thinking they would win easily. They were humbled after that game with no chance to play next week. In this case, they take the loss, refocus, get humbled and go win that title. This game will matter little in the big picture if they come back from the triad with rings at the end of the season.

Reactions: daagoob and dogs79
Well, I'm gonna give this hot take so bare with me... If there is one thing I know from watching coach Moore is that he knows his team better than any coach I have witnessed. He knows his teams weakness and how to fix it. I know alot of eagle fans are questioning the end of the game and how it went down. Moore knows full well how to win at the end of games. I'm willing to bet he was disappointed in his team and will use this as a humbling experience now, instead of when it matters. You have to remember that championship game last year is still fresh in his mind. I think his team went into that championship game thinking they would win easily. They were humbled after that game with no chance to play next week. In this case, they take the loss, refocus, get humbled and go win that title. This game will matter little in the big picture if they come back from the triad with rings at the end of the season.

Agreed, good post

This doesn't change my opinion about Northeastern winning the 2a title. I stand firm when I say that I believe we will win it all in 2019 and 2020. I'm just confident in our coaches and kids, not trying to sound cocky.

This doesn't change my opinion about Northeastern winning the 2a title. I stand firm when I say that I believe we will win it all in 2019 and 2020. I'm just confident in our coaches and kids, not trying to sound cocky.
Goob, I think our bulldogs going to be in the mix.

Reactions: daagoob
From what I saw I agree it doesn’t change my opinion one bit of how good they are.

Next week will be a good chance to respond and put the talking heads back under their rocks. There will be some doubters. A good showing against Havelock puts doubters back in hiding and coach Moore gets the experience he probably feels this team needed after a loss.

It just goes to show that there is no clear favorite in the east this year, or to win the state c ship for that matter. We'll probably take another L this week when Havelock comes to town
You right. I don't think there is hardly ever a clear favorite half way the season. Havelock game should tell you alot about your Eagles. Our Havelock game brought us together. If your Eagles play good,y'all should win.

You right. I don't think there is hardly ever a clear favorite half way the season. Havelock game should tell you alot about your Eagles. Our Havelock game brought us together. If your Eagles play good,y'all should win.
John, you got to see the video I just posted. Powerful td saving takedown from our kicker

Reactions: dogs79
Few things I noticed:
-I agree with Goob. QB for Northeastern looked lost. His two turnovers (fumble and INT) led to 2 Edenton touchdowns. Hopefully he gets better by playoff time
-Edenton was giving it to the dive option the majority of the time. They rarely pitched it, and when they did they didn't get much yardage.
-His knee was down
-There were some calls that were missed. But refs don't determine the outcome of the game. Don't put yourself in those situations
-Edenton celebrated like they won the state title; storming the field. Get by Tarboro first

Northeastern played the pitch all night instead of stacking the middle Everytime they pitch the ball they lost yards hell yeah his knee was down but it's over Havelock is Friday take it out on them it looked like to me northeastern didn't take them serious until they got down by two touchdowns and then they tried to play you can't keep doing that or you going to get beat.... again

Reactions: dogs79 and daagoob
Edenton celebrated like they won the state title; storming the field. Get by Tarboro first
In Edenton's defense. Alot of those kids don't know about how Edenton made deep runs in the 2A playoffs not so long ago and beating Northeastern. It's a big win for them. They are on the losing end of the 15 out of 19 in the series matchup. Not sure if that's the exact number but its close.

Did Freshwater play? I didn't hear his name on the radio. I admit I was half in and out. If he didn't then playing the pitch out was the right call in my opinion. NE has struggled with it a ton before this game. If Freshwater played and was coached up to watch the pitch out than maybe there is another concern in the middle of the dline? The DE's have to recognize the play. If the RB starts to the edge and has to cut back inside than more than likely the DE did his job and a LB struggled making the play. If the RB runs a straight dive than the DE has to press in and limit the gain if the dline and LBs are blocked. If your safety has to make the tackle on the dive then it's a bad read by the DE or there is alot HOLDING going on! Lol. Got to remember Freshwater is still a young kid, his DE position is not an easy place to play for a young kid. Alot of in game growing pains he has to overcome.

Last edited:
Did Freshwater play? I didn't hear his name on the radio. I admit I was half in and out. If he didn't then playing the pitch out was the right call in my opinion. NE has struggled with it a ton before this game. If Freshwater played and was coached up to watch the pitch out than maybe there is another concern in the middle of the dline? The DE's have to recognize the play. If the RB starts to the edge and has to cut back inside than more than likely the DE did his job and a LB struggled making the play. If the RB runs a straight dive than the DE has to press in and limit the gain if the dline and LBs are blocked. If your safety has to make the tackle on the dive then it's a bad read by the DE or there is alot HOLDING going on! Lol. Got to remember Freshwater is still a young kid, his DE position is not an easy place to play for a young kid. Alot of in game growing pains he has to overcome.
Fresh played although still gimpy from previous two weeks. Edenton mostly ran straight up the middle. Edenton can not throw the ball at all so if they are forced to come from behind then they'll be in big trouble. Our receivers didn't play well at all in my opinion and dropped pass after pass. This is something I haven't seen from our kids this year aside from the first game. #5 Riddick had a standout performance and impressed and our kicker was on top of his game as usual. The final drive for us was hard to watch as a NE fan. Ive Never said one thing negative about our qb, but under pressure with time running out he looked totally lost. He's young and he'll only grow from this so I'm not worried. I'm a big fan of his, kids got it, believe me. He will lead us to a state title. There's no question in my mind.

Fresh played although still gimpy from previous two weeks. Edenton mostly ran straight up the middle. Edenton can not throw the ball at all so if they are forced to come from behind then they'll be in big trouble. Our receivers didn't play well at all in my opinion and dropped pass after pass. This is something I haven't seen from our kids this year aside from the first game. #5 Riddick had a standout performance and impressed and our kicker was on top of his game as usual. The final drive for us was hard to watch as a NE fan. Ive Never said one thing negative about our qb, but under pressure with time running out he looked totally lost. He's young and he'll only grow from this so I'm not worried. I'm a big fan of his, kids got it, believe me. He will lead us to a state title. There's no question in my mind.
Hopefully Edenton RB will post some highlights so I can see where the weakness is. Come to think of it y’all haven’t played many ground and pound teams. Closest one to that style is Rocky Mount and they like the edges. Unless I’m forgetting a team?

A lot of the QB struggles could be due to the game plan and how the coaches called the plays. They may not have practiced the 2 minute offense much the week leading up thinking it wouldn’t factor in. This could cause some communication issues with the coach and QB on what the coach wants to do. I agree no need to hit the panic button with a lot of other 2A contenders taking loses. Those things can be cleaned up. I knew the Edenton RB was a baller and had the potential to give them issues. Kamarro will do the same this Friday.

Big bird when u win u celebrate it don’t matter if they lose to tarboro what matters is the win they have against a ranked power like NE That’s a Big Win For Their program!!

Big bird when u win u celebrate it don’t matter if they lose to tarboro what matters is the win they have against a ranked power like NE That’s a Big Win For Their program!!
I agree about that's a good win for edenton but it's just a win not a title last time that happened we came back and beat them by what 40 points or something like that in the playoffs so you don't celebrate until you win that chip

I agree about that's a good win for edenton but it's just a win not a title last time that happened we came back and beat them by what 40 points or something like that in the playoffs so you don't celebrate until you win that chip

What do you know about a title??? NE is subpar dude .....

Clown GO back to playing pool NE is done

Sad thing for you is that as bad as we are SWO is even worse. Kick rocks loser

Pool hall junkie stop bro. Your best player EVER redshirted at ECU HAHAHAHAHAH
NE nothing more then a over rated ucf aka laughable. This savor aka Caleb is wow trash just stop hyping a team that has never done anythIng. You make yourself and this squad NE laughable. Gain respect goooooober

NE nothing more then a over rated ucf aka laughable. This savor aka Caleb is wow trash just stop hyping a team that has never done anythIng. You make yourself and this squad NE laughable. Gain respect goooooober

Freshwater redshirting has nothing to do with his football ability. Got to get it done in class as well. These high school kids need to learn to put class ahead of practice.

Reactions: dogs79
SWO#1, I know posters like this have to embarrass you. Your a class act and I respect you but I have no respect for fools like this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT