ADVERTISEMENT

ECC basketball

Clinton boys and girls were victorious over Spring Creek Tuesday evening...girls winning 64-39 boys winning 54-40.....tonight girls have already defeated WRH 63-44 to improve to 13-5(7-1) boys game still in progress

Clinton girls defeated James Kenan the other night 49-37 to improve to 14-5(8-1) boys dropped their 2nd game in a row losing to JK 63-50 record now stamds at 8-9(6-3)

Hopefully, we don't catch the flu bug. JK girls had two not dressed and 4 or 5 others not feeling well from what I was told. Don't know if they had flu or not, but it's going around. Midway friends said they were fighting it over there last week. Hopefully, it'll stay away from us. Big games Friday at ED

Clinton had the marquee win of the season tonight defeating Goldsboro 68-64 in OT...girls team was also victorious 51-42. Good senior night good win back at it Thursday at Midway

nah, Coach Davis had a game plan, kids executed. Won the game.

Oh yes great gameplan and execution by the team defensively that 3-2 extended zone really gave Goldsboro some problems and offensively Deion Venable had a game for the ages. Just a gritty scappy effort by Clinton........Win Thursday at Midway and Goldsboro beats East Duplin Clinton could get 2 seed for the conference tournament next week

No flu for Goldsboro. I was there. One of the best games at CHS on Senior night in a long time. Goldsboro is 25 points better than Clinton. However, Coach Davis and the troops made Goldboro play half court basketball. You just tip your hat to the Horses and move on to the next game.

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
No flu for Goldsboro. I was there. One of the best games at CHS on Senior night in a long time. Goldsboro is 25 points better than Clinton. However, Coach Davis and the troops made Goldboro play half court basketball. You just tip your hat to the Horses and move on to the next game.

Wasting your breath sir, guy trolls any and everything Clinton related just ignore it

Clinton boys defeated Spring Creek 47-30 yesterday in first game of ECC tourney held at WRH will play the winner of East Duplin and Midway which is being played today. Winner of JK vs WRH will take on Goldsboro......girls side Clinton beat Spring Creek 59-34 junior Isa Banks hit the 1,000 career point mark in the game.

Wasting your breath sir, guy trolls any and everything Clinton related just ignore it
How am I trolling? Before the Clinton-East Duplin game, Clinton posters were posting stating they were worried about the flu. Then, the flu hits and Clinton posters blamed the ED loss on the flu. Go back and read the posts. Its all there.

So a Clinton loss is attributed to the flu and not being outplayed or outcoached. Seems to be selling the victorious team a little short. Not one Clinton poster gave credit to anything the other team did. Nope, simply blamed the flu.

Clinton beats a superior team and its great coaching and a great game plan. Give credit where credit is due. You guys were already playing the flu card before the ED game was even played. I just figured that since this was a huge upset that Goldsboro might have had some players with the same flu strain, being they play the same teams Clinton could have caught it from. How do you explain the other 9 losses?

How am I trolling? Before the Clinton-East Duplin game, Clinton posters were posting stating they were worried about the flu. Then, the flu hits and Clinton posters blamed the ED loss on the flu. Go back and read the posts. Its all there.

So a Clinton loss is attributed to the flu and not being outplayed or outcoached. Seems to be selling the victorious team a little short. Not one Clinton poster gave credit to anything the other team did. Nope, simply blamed the flu.

Clinton beats a superior team and its great coaching and a great game plan. Give credit where credit is due. You guys were already playing the flu card before the ED game was even played. I just figured that since this was a huge upset that Goldsboro might have had some players with the same flu strain, being they play the same teams Clinton could have caught it from. How do you explain the other 9 losses?

First of all TROLL no one up here acting like Clinton is a superior basketball team the 11-10 record proves that NO ONE for Goldboro's team was out with the flu all star players were on the court it was a great game plab and execution and alil bit of luck.....as far as the ED game East Duplin won clearly they were better that night. Clinton isnt the only team that has suffered from the flu several other teams i heard about the same thing one of the JK people said something about their girls going thru it,Midway aswell......you just up here trying to stir the pot idk why no one up here beating they chest it was a great win for Coach Davis and his team and we acknowledge that.

East Duplin defeated Midway 61-52 didnt see a score for the JK vs WRH game. But with winter weather heading into the area looks like all games Thursday will be cancelled NCHSAA has delayed seeding until Sunday so depending how bad snow is maybe get the last 2 tournament games Friday and Saturday still remains to be seen. Very important game for Clinton and East Duplin as both try and join Goldsboro in the 2A playoffs.

Reactions: FOOTBALLFANTIC
East Duplin defeated Midway 61-52 didnt see a score for the JK vs WRH game. But with winter weather heading into the area looks like all games Thursday will be cancelled NCHSAA has delayed seeding until Sunday so depending how bad snow is maybe get the last 2 tournament games Friday and Saturday still remains to be seen. Very important game for Clinton and East Duplin as both try and join Goldsboro in the 2A playoffs.

NO games today.

Sampson County,Wayne County,Clinton City, and Duplin County schools all out of school Friday due to weather so ECC tournament officially cancelled.

Clinton victorious over ED this evening 63-44 game dedicated to Jaheim Currie who was laid to rest today. RIP #42

ECC playoff games
-Boys
#8 Goldsboro vs McMicheal
#15 Anson vs #18 Clinton
#2 Kinston vs #31 East Duplin

-Girls
#16 East Bladen vs #17 Clinton
#9 East Duplin vs #24 Easten Randolph
#6 Croatan vs #27 Midway

Good luck to all our conference schools in the playoffs

Wow.....flu might be better alternative that having to go to Kinston. Even with my limited HS basketball knowledge, I know they are legit.

Might need more than luck to keep the margin under 50.

Clinton girls fall to East Bladen 60-58

Midway girls fall to Croatan 53-11

Clinton boys win 65-64 over Anson

Only finals i have seen so far update the rest as i find the scores

East Duplin girls win vs Eastern Randolph 62-42

Goldsboro boys are up on Mcmichael by 15 last score i saw.

Kinston leading East Duplin boys by 9

That Kinston ED score is not as lopsided as I thought it would be. I think we may have a chance although a very tough challenge.

That Kinston ED score is not as lopsided as I thought it would be. I think we may have a chance although a very tough challenge.

East Duplin played them very tough looking at the score early....it was 36-26 at halftime. Kinston is one of the best basketball programs in the state regardless of classification it will take a David vs Goliath type of effort to win especially at Kinston. I could see Coach Davis putting in a similar gameplan like he did vs Goldsboro.

East Duplin played them very tough looking at the score early....it was 36-26 at halftime. Kinston is one of the best basketball programs in the state regardless of classification it will take a David vs Goliath type of effort to win especially at Kinston. I could see Coach Davis putting in a similar gameplan like he did vs Goldsboro.

You mean the one where per By the Fence, Goldsboro had the flu?

In all seriousness after talking with Coach Davis, he knows his team will have to play great basketball and still get some breaks to have a chance. His kids are determined to give it everything they have and yes, I would suspect a similar very slow paced game dictated by Clinton. To be in it in the 4th quarter will give them a chance to win it.

Hey, Clinton exposed our Weaknesses. We don't get back and we are not that physical. It was a great game and you guys got a great coach.. He told Anson Coach to keep pushing people around the state are noticing Anson's growth. His guards are quickest he ever seen.. Next year when Anson gets their bigs back. I see the final four run or Bust .. Anson returns everybody and then gets their two post starters back from suspension 6'9 sophomore tops in the state and 6'5 JR is an outstanding defender and rebounder. He can guard 1 through 5. I will say this that is the most physical and fastest outlet transition team we played all year.

Reactions: Darkhorse#34

The difference is Kinston will commit to playing defense. Goldsboro just wants a turnover, then a transition bucket. Make Goldsboro get in a stance and guard.
I'll be interested to watch Goldsboro vs. First Flight tonight. I think Goldsboro's athleticism will be the difference, unless FF makes 25 3's(they'll shoot 50).

I'll take Kinston by 20+ tonight as well. For whatever reason the nights I've seen Clinton I wasn't impressed.

Well definitely not our best team in the last 4-5 years but they will play hard Kinston is Kinston so honestly if i was a betting man smart money would go on them in a route. Coach Davis is building something special we got some good groups coming up if they continue to grow and buy in to his system i see alot of good in the future.

You mean the one where per By the Fence, Goldsboro had the flu?

In all seriousness after talking with Coach Davis, he knows his team will have to play great basketball and still get some breaks to have a chance. His kids are determined to give it everything they have and yes, I would suspect a similar very slow paced game dictated by Clinton. To be in it in the 4th quarter will give them a chance to win it.
I might be wrong or have a bad memory in my old age, but I don't recall saying Gboro had the flu but simply asking IF they had the flu. If I did blame the flu on the result, then show me and I will eat my crow.

Go Darkhorses!

East Duplin girls vs Wheatmore tonight just underway

Goldsboro up on First Flight 34-28 in 2nd

Clinton vs Kinston bout to get underway aswell

Goldsboro 54 FF 38 in 3rd

Kinston 15 Clinton 2 after 1

East Duplin vs Wheatmore girls (no score found) still looking....found it ED 34 Wheatmore 25 start of 4th

East Duplin girls win 46-40 over Wheatmore

Goldsboro up 68-48 over First Flight

Clinton down big 30-8 to Kinston in the 2nd. Vikings had 2 big 13-0 runs to pretty much overwhelm the Horses

Goldsboro 70 FF 50 in the 4th not sure how much time is left but Cougars seem to have that one wrapped up

Clinton down 34-15 at halftime. Kinston used some big runs to build the lead and Clinton has turned the ball over gone 2-8 from the FT line and missed a ton of gimmes at the rim. Kinston's #3 Styles has killed us with his size and athleticism. Not really built to comeback especially against a team this good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT