ADVERTISEMENT

east surry v mount airy

I like the pride in the defense. Its bad if the Offense goes back in. With Maxpreps doing the seeding process..you need to do what ya can to secure your spot.

Gotta send a message. Honestly, I wasn't there.. I'm just stirring the pot.
The only message that sends is that you have no class as a coach. Heritage drove down to the 2 yard line with a minute to go against Mitchell. Already up 14-6. Joey Robbinson took 2 knees, against his biggest rival. That is sending a message. Putting a defense back in to keep a 3 win team from scoring on you is trash. Plain and simple.

Wellllll I had to chime in on this one. Congrats to the cards , one hell of a offensive team. But I like to think the bears had their spots in this one but just didn’t make the plays. They left points on the field they should have scored. Turned it over on downs and fumbles several times in cardinal territory and if stroup completes a couple passes , one to mayfield in the first and the other to nance before the half we have a ball game. That cardinal offense is as good as they come , flat out loaded and Boaz is the best qb I’ve ever seen in this area. I’ve said it all year , he plays on Sunday in 5 or 6 years. But I’m here to tell yhea that defense got exposed. The bears couldn’t capitalize, but I think a team that runs the ball well and controls the clock gives the cards all kinds of fits. Just my opinion. Bears are young , we’ve told yhea all year and the cards fans have reminded us of their greatest team in history. This series changes next year and for many years to come. Good luck to the cards and bears as the brackets come out today. Hope smith is ok for the bears . But if he isn’t able to go maybe Cameron Moore and the nance kid will hold down the fort till he comes back

Last edited:
Reactions: CoachDaVinci
Both Coach Barry Hall and Coach David Diamont great hall of fame coaches but greater men. Neither would ever run the score up on someone two great men.
This is one of the few times I will agree with you tarheel1970. Both are excellent coaches and men.

That being said Lowman wasn’t on some mission to run the score up on everyone. Almost every ES 2nd half touchdown in the ES blowouts has come on running plays or on small dump down passes where the defenses just couldn’t tackle the offensive guy. No one was throwing over the top to run it up. In the blowouts the starters were gone in the 4th qtr and most times midway through the 3rd qtr. It could have been way worse in those games (EW, SC, NSurry, NStokes, Bishop). Also, when you do put your backups in you don’t tell them to take a knee, they play and compete too.

I’ve seen plenty of times when a 2nd string runner scored under Coach Diamont or when backup players were getting hits and driving in runs with Coach Hall.

Reactions: DaBluePrint1
I agree with nwwatchdog on this one, I think we tend to forget just how bad the northwest 1a is from 3rd on down. I hope diamont turns south around and if prep ever gets a coach that can put it together look out. But until then its just really bad . Can’t help a lot of things

""" Classless Cards as always. Diamont was the class act of ES along with Barry Hall.""" <<< I Really dont know how anyone supposed to make any sense of that Sentence. Buzz say the Cardinals are Always Classless then says and states Diamont was a Class act. Well at least BUZZ isnt bashing the Mt Airy Coaches as Usual. 48 to 10 is NOT running up the Score. 70, 80 - 0 is. Its the opposing Teams Job to stop the Offense, Not the winning teams JOB to quit playing. Mt Airy has beaten teams in the past few years worse than 48 - 10 and still had their Starters on the Field. Buck up Buzz for one game and take your Medicine and quit Whining. !!! There Always next year !!!

Wellllll I had to chime in on this one. Congrats to the cards , one hell of a offensive team. But I like to think the bears had their spots in this one but just didn’t make the plays. They left points on the field they should have scored. Turned it over on downs and fumbles several times in cardinal territory and if stroup completes a couple passes , one to mayfield in the first and the other to nance before the half we have a ball game. That cardinal offense is as good as they come , flat out loaded and Boaz is the best qb I’ve ever seen in this area. I’ve said it all year , he plays on Sunday in 5 or 6 years. But I’m here to tell yhea that defense got exposed. The bears couldn’t capitalize, but I think a team that runs the ball well and controls the clock gives the cards all kinds of fits. Just my opinion. Bears are young , we’ve told yhea all year and the cards fans have reminded us of their greatest team in history. This series changes next year and for many years to come. Good luck to the cards and bears as the brackets come out today. Hope smith is ok for the bears . But if he isn’t able to go maybe Cameron Moore and the nance kid will hold down the fort till he comes back
Keep believing that. Unless the undersized shrimp y’all put on the field last night find the weight room they will be beat again next year PERIOD.

Diamont was pissed bc es was up big at end of South Stokes game and south was getting ready to score so Lowman calls s TO and puts Starters back in that's why Diamont was upset. ES will get theirs for years to come bc he has played like this all year. Studs will be gone and back to reality. MA has 7 SR and 20 sophm ES has 17 srs. No way we should win that game. Classless Cards as always. Diamont was the class act of ES along with Barry Hall.
People like you are what is going to get the score run up on the bears if they are lucky enough to see the cards again. They just might hang 80 on you next time just to show ignorant fans like you what classless really looks like. MA got their ASS BEAT accept it and stop complaining and screaming at the stars about class and your all so dominant future.

Reactions: DaBluePrint1
Lmao—— shrimp — —lmao. If buzz seen you at the ball field he would smack you around like the chump you are. Better stay in your lane tobacco boy, you better hope buzz is in a good mood today.

Last edited:
Reactions: buzzcoach
I bet this with the talent East is losing this year they will be anywhere near as good next season better win that championship this time and I think Mitchell Co being 1aa will make it tough on them to get there

I was talking about ES calling a to to put starters back in on D as South was getting ready to score with 42 poi t lead at end of game. That's why Diamont was pissed. Lowman has done in since he has been at East. And certain player for East was.trash talking crap bf game to MA players.....classless. Bears still rushed for almost 300 yards what u think g Tarborough will do You k ew Smith was getting it and still had 200 yards.

MA is the last team and fans to be talking about class. Pot calling the kettle black....

Let it go Bears. They (East Surry)have beaten everyone including you guys like a rented mule. Kinda weird to hear die-hard Mt.Airy fans talkin about what Tarborough(lol spelling) is gonna do to East Surry as if Mt.Airy has no shot to get there themselves. East Surry has literallly beaten you guys senseless, I believe.

Lmao—— shrimp — —lmao. If buzz seen you at the ball field he would smack you around like the chump you are. Better stay in your lane tobacco boy, you better hope buzz is in a good mood today.
If buzz is built anything like the little boys y’all put on the field Friday he can come right on.

ESOD is a chump , I stood right behind her at the concession stand last night and didn’t even here a whimper, not even one , she knows if she would have spoke I would have bought her a cup of coffee

Well I kinda figured that all along Gdawg East go win championship this is your only shot . I'm not selfish we don't have what it takes this year but look out

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
ESOD is a chump , I stood right behind her at the concession stand last night and didn’t even here a whimper, not even one , she knows if she would have spoke I would have bought her a cup of coffee
Thanks for the offer but I don’t drink coffee.

East our the starters back in during the 3rd quarter and it was to send a message to the back-ups. That was very obvious if you were paying attention to the sideline at that time.

classless? How about the ole ball coach at South not shaking anyone’s hands even when players tried to. That was classless, but I wouldn’t expect anything better from him and his son.

You are so false and have something against Coach Diamont because he loves his student athletes!!!

You are painting the picture and it's obvious.

Who has said anything about him not having class? You, that's all!

Regardless of your opinoin of putting starters back in, why mention his son? I know him well and he's a good dude.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT