ADVERTISEMENT

East Rutherford

Just wondered if they intend on fielding a team this year . I was shocked that they didn’t have a team this past season .
They do plan on having a varsity team this year. It certainly was a shock this past fall, but ultimately, I think it was the right decision for the school. I don't know how many players they will have on varsity, but they fully intend on having a varsity team next season.

Our JV team played them last year ours we had a lot of freshmen going up against a lot of JR. we were in it to the end but lost good things for the future to build on for sure!!

Last edited:
East Rutherford versus East Burke ? That would mean a certain victory for the Cavaliers; course, it would mean a certain loss for them, too.
Long time ago East Rutherford beat us in a sudden death overtime and the Wolves were really good that year. The Lincolnton paper said “Wolves fall to the Cavaliers in overtime”. I asked my father what a Cavalier was. He looked off in the distance like he was about to quote Shakespeare and said, “It’s a big sparkling light fixture that’s in the front room of fine houses”. Way to go buddy. You nailed that one.

East Rutherford versus East Burke ? That would mean a certain victory for the Cavaliers; course, it would mean a certain loss for them, too.
Long time ago East Rutherford beat us in a sudden death overtime and the Wolves were really good that year. The Lincolnton paper said “Wolves fall to the Cavaliers in overtime”. I asked my father what a Cavalier was. He looked off in the distance like he was about to quote Shakespeare and said, “It’s a big sparkling light fixture that’s in the front room of fine houses”. Way to go buddy. You nailed that one.
Says the cavalier chanticleer from Lincolnton!

Good stuff.

Says the cavalier chanticleer from Lincolnton!

Good stuff.
My friend, I didn't know what a cavalier was but I didn't think it was a light fixture. I found out what it is/was. There was one person in my neighborhood I knew of who had a college education and when I ran into such snags I would ask him.

This man was also the only person I knew of, then, who was from up north. He talked like his nose was stopped up. He was a graduate of Michigan State University. His son and me were friends. I recall seeing his college annuals. The name of the yearbook when he graduated was "The wolverine". I think since their rivalry with Michigan has developed over the years the name of the yearbook has been changed.

I asked him what a cavalier was. He said he would check on it. Later on, he told me the cavaliers were known for their involvement in the English civil war and for horsemanship and for being skilled swordsman...I miss guys like him. Always thought he looked like Colonel Glen Manning on the Amazing Colossal Man".

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Those cavaliers…. the East Rutherford version…were very good in ‘18. They put us out in the 1st round in an epic playoff game. It was 3-3 heading into the 4th quarter and 10-10 late. I’ll never forget how big that team was…and that kid…#13 Mauney…he was sump’em else. He scored almost every time he touched the ball but the refs kept calling it back due to a penalty.😂 They overcame all that and beat us 17-10….the score should have been 40-3…thank goodness for the refs…they were our best players!😂

Maybe I should say thanks to the Cavaliers
for committing all those penalties instead.

Anyway… hoping the East Rutherford Cavaliers’ football program rebounds with a vengeance!

Go Cavs!

Reactions: Lincolnton
Those cavaliers…. the East Rutherford version…were very good in ‘18. They put us out in the 1st round in an epic playoff game. It was 3-3 heading into the 4th quarter and 10-10 late. I’ll never forget how big that team was…and that kid…#13 Mauney…he was sump’em else. He scored almost every time he touched the ball but the refs kept calling it back due to a penalty.😂 They overcame all that and beat us 17-10….the score should have been 40-3…thank goodness for the refs…they were our best players!😂

Maybe I should say thanks to the Cavaliers
for committing all those penalties instead.

Anyway… hoping the East Rutherford Cavaliers’ football program rebounds with a vengeance!

Go Cavs!
That was an excellent game to watch. One of the colder ones in recent memory. Your hot chocolate was cold by the time to got back to your seat! I didn't think we had a chance that game...but we had some kids step up and we made some plays on defense...I was a proud fan.

That was an excellent game to watch. One of the colder ones in recent memory. Your hot chocolate was cold by the time to got back to your seat! I didn't think we had a chance that game...but we had some kids step up and we made some plays on defense...I was a proud fan.
I remember being proud of that team as well…especially after that game.

Near the end of the game…what looked like a sure pick for Maiden turned into a tip drill and a daggum cavalier made a miraculous catch near goal line to seal it.

East Rutherford was beaten soundly the next round by Reidsville. I had forgotten how close Maiden was ….to playing Reidsville.

We’ve never played Reidsville.

We were close in ‘06 when we lost to Newton Conover…and Newton losing a heart breaker to Reidsville the following round. That loss to the Rams still causes heart burn over in Red Devil land!

We were close to playing the Rams this fall… but Shelby and East Surry messed that up.

Ain’t sure why Reidsville keeps dodging us.😂😂😂 Now that’s funny.

I do hope we play Reidsville sometime in my lifetime. It just wouldn’t be right if we didn’t.😉

For the record…it just wouldn’t be right if East Rutherford didn’t field a football team either. Just saying……

Reactions: CHEERDUCK
I remember being proud of that team as well…especially after that game.

Near the end of the game…what looked like a sure pick for Maiden turned into a tip drill and a daggum cavalier made a miraculous catch near goal line to seal it.

East Rutherford was beaten soundly the next round by Reidsville. I had forgotten how close Maiden was ….to playing Reidsville.

We’ve never played Reidsville.

We were close in ‘06 when we lost to Newton Conover…and Newton losing a heart breaker to Reidsville the following round. That loss to the Rams still causes heart burn over in Red Devil land!

We were close to playing the Rams this fall… but Shelby and East Surry messed that up.

Ain’t sure why Reidsville keeps dodging us.😂😂😂 Now that’s funny.

I do hope we play Reidsville sometime in my lifetime. It just wouldn’t be right if we didn’t.😉

For the record…it just wouldn’t be right if East Rutherford didn’t field a football team either. Just saying……
With the Football history East Rutherford has, I was astonished they didn’t have a varsity team last year. I understand why they did it. I’m sure it wouldn’t have helped the program and hurt the chances of getting new players to join the team if the team wins 1 or 2 games. Hopefully they will get back to being a good football school like they used to be. However, I need the Hilltoppers to go ahead and pound the Cavs this year so my son can get a win against them!!! I never beat East in football when I was in school back in the 90’s. I was part of the Hilltoppers during the alumni game back in 2013 and got a little revenge. Hilltoppers won in overtime 20-17!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT