ADVERTISEMENT

East forsyth vs Tabor

ForsythFootball

Nov 23, 2014
Lexington
East forsyth struggled offensively, the starting QB managed to get 13 points in three quarters

Late in the fourth quarter the back up QB entered the game and was able to get a touchdown and field goal in 7 minutes time. The back up QB will take over as starter next week at the east Forsyth away game. The Eagles looked a lot better as a unit behind the back up.

Reactions: Warhead1
I was really high on East Forsyth but I believe they have a weakness at QB from the East fans; West Forsyth will be ready for them in 2 weeks. I smell an upset! Tabor is okay, but the Tabor people I know feel Tabor is still down, so I'm confused.

East just had a really bad night, I've been to a lot of games and the QB the coaching staff named as starting just isn't going to work. East isn't a QB run style team. I think next week with the junior QB who throws instead of trying to be a hero and run the ball you will see the east Forsyth everyone's expecting. With that junior QB on the field you could just see the difference on the field, he really brings the unit together.

Reactions: Warhead1
I went out to East too instead of going to NW Smith cause I felt Tabor East would be a better game and I was right. Looks like NW put their usual beat down on Smith. Now, The East offense just looked out of rhythm most of the night with the Senior in at QB. I don't know if it was first game butterflies but he was missing wide open Wr's all night. If he just made a few easy throws East could have won by at least 5 TDs. East also had 1 TD pass called back which In my opinion was a bad call cause It looked like both players were battling for the ball. Now I understand giving the Sr who's waited his turn a chance first but the Jr QB looks like a stud pocket passer who seems to make good decisions. He gets the ball out fast and looks really good at getting the offense clicking. Looks like the future is now for the Eagles. I respect coaches giving a QB a chance who's sat and waited his turn but like most coaches say the tie goes to the underclassmen but the Jr really did look great. I will also say the East Forsyth Defense looks scary good! If they play like they did tonight all year they'll be though to beat. Also One thing I'm wondering is why does everyone think Tabor is trash all of the sudden? They had one or two down years but they are loaded with athletes and that QB #5 looks a lot better than last years starter. Just a couple years back they were beating a top Butler team in the regular season. Then a year or so later they almost did it again. Tabor is really a team that could beat the best on any night but also could lose to a really bad team on any given night. I really think the PT4A is going to be back to the way it was a couple years back and the battle will be between East, NW, Glenn, and SW for the championship. If East goes small 4A they will contend if they go 4AA they are a 3rd rd playoff team. If they can get that offense clicking at East they will be scary good because their Defense is good. I think my buddy who knows the AD and a couple coaches said they had 9 or so returning on Defense this year. Great week 1 game to see and I'm so happy I almost shed a tear the fact that Football is back!

I am trying to figure out if we were at the same game last night. East would not have won by 5 tds in any scenario. First of all it was not the quarterback's fault. He ran what the coaches called. Secondly how can you say that the td that was called back was fair. Cone pushed off #15 when they both went for the ball. Go look at the film. You cannot push off to gain a competitive advantage. I played at Wake Forest and coached for many years and what you saw I did not see. East has a small college line out there. Everyone is over 6 2 and 300 plus but MT shut them down most of the game. Even the East coaches admitted that. If the East coaches knew what they were doing that game would not have been close. They SHOULD never try to throw the ball much with that line! Also MT has a great defense. That is the JV team that went 10-0 2 years ago and outscored their opponents 40-5 on average throughout the season. Mt Tabor was missing their best offensive threat who broke his leg in the Northern Guilford scrimmage. MT has to get their offense straight and they can compete with any one left on their schedule because of that defense. Everyone is talking about how bad East played, how about give credit to the team they played? The score was 13-7 late in the 4th quarter and could have gone either way. I appreciate the comments and threads but at least look at things with an objective eye. Everyone I talked to from East last night told me they were surprised by Tabor and thought that they were a much improved team. It bothers me when we don't give credit based upon last year. The Carolina Panthers were picked to finish last in their division in 2015 because of their 2014 record. Truth of the matter is that East with that defense, which everyone knew was going to be good and running behind that line will be playing deep in the playoffs.

Also Madison Cone should be dominating. He was "re-classed" twice. He should a sophomore in college right now. I think that high school red-shirting should not be allowed.

Also Madison Cone should be dominating. He was "re-classed" twice. He should a sophomore in college right now. I think that high school red-shirting should not be allowed.
Seeing as Mount Tabor didn't throw to Madison cones side of the field once all night and he was able to make zero plays. Him being on the field didn't really change anything. Maybe it had to do with the fact the east defensive line was almost hitting the quarterback and the quarterback was in turn chucking the ball at the ground 8 completions for 35 attempts.

also Madison cone didn't push off the call for that touchdown by cone wasn't pass interference it was a false start by an OL.

It is the QB's fault for multiple reasons, and you know that for sure because when they took him out and put a new QB in was when East started playing good.

How do you re-class for 2 years?

He entered A Christian academy and skipped kindergarten already as by far the youngest kid and smallest kid in his classes so they sent him back to kindergarten then first grade at first Christian academy because they didn't want him to be a 15 year old senior. While he is one of the older people of his class he is pretty much the same age as most of these kids. He wasn't like most kids who re class for sports like 8th grade year. If you are gonna tell a story, tell it right please

He entered A Christian academy and skipped kindergarten already as by far the youngest kid and smallest kid in his classes so they sent him back to kindergarten then first grade at first Christian academy because they didn't want him to be a 15 year old senior. While he is one of the older people of his class he is pretty much the same age as most of these kids. He wasn't like most kids who re class for sports like 8th grade year. If you are gonna tell a story, tell it right please
So how old is he now?

First of all I got the story from someone who is close to his dad. Thank you. Second all I know that was a false start on the offense. Please don't get nasty because someone disagrees with your statements. These boards are for people to post their thoughts, whether you agree or not.

First of all I got the story from someone who is close to his dad. Thank you. Second all I know that was a false start on the offense. Please don't get nasty because someone disagrees with your statements. These boards are for people to post their thoughts, whether you agree or not.
Actually it was an illegal formation. They said 21 was lined up in the backfield. I was wrong on the pass interference call.

Anyhow, East forsyth will more than likely have a new QB starting Friday, plus changes to the offensive line and i at least predict you will see east Forsyth go full force on RJR. The each players and coaches are not happy about Friday's performance from an offensive standpoint.

So how old is he now?
The rule states you cannot turn 19 before the end of this month and you can only play 4 years of high school. That is all that matters. What he did from Kindergarden to 8th grade has nothing to do with the price of tea in China!!!

Anyhow, East forsyth will more than likely have a new QB starting Friday, plus changes to the offensive line and i at least predict you will see east Forsyth go full force on RJR. The each players and coaches are not happy about Friday's performance from an offensive standpoint.

Forsyth Football,
Its obvious you know a lot of inside information about the East Forsyth football team based on some of your posts. With that said do you know any of the coaches over there? I go to a few games at East from time to time but I mainly go to NW Guilford games since I live not far from the school. East Forsyth hired a former NWG coach last season. I hear that he's the defensive coordinator at East now. What do the East players and fans think of coach and the job he is doing over there? From what I saw on Friday East Forsyth has a pretty darn good looking defense again this year.

I will say this too. I still think that once NW Guilford gets healthy they could be a team capable of beating East. Now I do want to see NW play a couple 4A conference teams before I go all in on that prediction. I will make my final call on that one once I see NW play with Hennigan and Turner back on the field together.

I like to go to the east games and sit up near the press box to get a good look at how the teams are lining up.

Sitting near the press box for a few years you hear a lot, not to mention the parents of players who are always fun to talk too.

The defense is looking stellar as I previously posted they would be, your looking at a defense who returned a lot of starters and most are two and three year starters. He's doing a great job, coach beal is very young and I heard he really gets along with the kids well. The defense will get better and better each week.

East forsyth will look a lot better the coming weeks, I respect the coaching staff giving the senior QB a chance to try and be a starter but the second string QB pretty much doubled the starters QB rating. (Starting-61.9 QB rating) second string (116.4). Once East forsyth makes the changes they need to this week at practice they will be virtually unstoppable till playoffs. I trust the good coaching staff over at east will fix the obvious problems on offense

I like to go to the east games and sit up near the press box to get a good look at how the teams are lining up.

Sitting near the press box for a few years you hear a lot, not to mention the parents of players who are always fun to talk too.

The defense is looking stellar as I previously posted they would be, your looking at a defense who returned a lot of starters and most are two and three year starters. He's doing a great job, coach beal is very young and I heard he really gets along with the kids well. The defense will get better and better each week.

East forsyth will look a lot better the coming weeks, I respect the coaching staff giving the senior QB a chance to try and be a starter but the second string QB pretty much doubled the starters QB rating. (Starting-61.9 QB rating) second string (116.4). Once East forsyth makes the changes they need to this week at practice they will be virtually unstoppable till playoffs. I trust the good coaching staff over at east will fix the obvious problems on offense
Forsyth,
You guys got a good coach when Willert hired Beal away from NW. I wish he was still in the Red and Black but I understand him leaving to take a DC job. I wish him and you guys all good luck this year. I hope the final week of the season its NW vs EF for the Conference Title. There will be a lot of great story lines for that game especially after all the post game stuff that took place last year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT