ADVERTISEMENT

Early thoughts on South Point @ Kings Mountain

I have heard good things about the freshman Quarterback at South Point is he a bigger kid or tall kid what makes him so good. I haven’t seen him play.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
For some reason this game is giving me that old Southwestern 3A football Conference vibe from years ago. Sorry youngsters but you had to have played in that conference to understand. This will be a steel toe boots, lunch pail, and hard hat type of game. “Be ye ready”.

Kings Mountain should win and they should win convincingly. Not saying they will. Just that they should.

SP defense isn’t bad but it isn’t great. Just saying what I saw. If KM’s Dline plays to potential then it’s already over.

SP’s young QB is good but he has a tell. It’s easy to see if you pay attention. I can guess when he’s pulling or handing it off and be right 80 85 percent of the time.

It’s time for Kings Mountain to act like the number 1 team in the State .Either they are or they aren’t. Either the D line is great or it isn’t.

If it is stop the fullback and the QB. KM wins. The wings run in oatmeal.

Is you is or is you ain’t.

Kings Mountain should win and they should win convincingly. Not saying they will. Just that they should.

SP defense isn’t bad but it isn’t great. Just saying what I saw. If KM’s Dline plays to potential then it’s already over.

SP’s young QB is good but he has a tell. It’s easy to see if you pay attention. I can guess when he’s pulling or handing it off and be right 80 85 percent of the time.

It’s time for Kings Mountain to act like the number 1 team in the State .Either they are or they aren’t. Either the D line is great or it isn’t.

If it is stop the fullback and the QB. KM wins. The wings run in oatmeal.

Is you is or is you ain’t.
KM is favored for a reason. But pin your ears back defense vs. assignment football are two COMPLETELY different things. I really think the game comes down to the SP defense instead of the KM defense. Very rarely has the SP offense lost a game for them. Over (4) quarters the big boys upfront for KM will wear down. If the SP D can get some stops I think it could be a good game. If they can't, it will be a long night.

I think SP proved Thursday night they are pretty good on both sides of the ball. If they can go in with the focus and intensity they had Thursday night. I’d say the have a good shot at the upset.

I think SP proved Thursday night they are pretty good on both sides of the ball. If they can go in with the focus and intensity they had Thursday night. I’d say the have a good shot at the upset.
I think you're right to a point. I don't think Crest is great this year. But they are decent. So blowing them out was impressive. With that offense of yours, you always have a shot at winning any game you play. I wish I could watch this one online like in years past as I'll be out of town. Here's to a good, clean, safe and well officiated game.

This definitely will be a good one to watch. Future forecast next Friday. Sunshining with mid 70’s high and lows in the 40’s. Now that’s good football weather.

Last edited:
I think you're right to a point. I don't think Crest is great this year. But they are decent. So blowing them out was impressive. With that offense of yours, you always have a shot at winning any game you play. I wish I could watch this one online like in years past as I'll be out of town. Here's to a good, clean, safe and well officiated game.
You can watch it on YouTube on KMHS Sports they will have the game live

Listen hear Outhousefan,
Obviously you are a genius of great magnitude and a world renowned wordsmith that leaves mere mortals like myself in awe with your mastery of the king’s English. You are definitely too smart to be on ncpreps…

See I can be facetious also…
Be honest..... you had to Google that didn't you??

• Haha
Be honest..... you had to Google that didn't you??
Be honest you just learned a new word this week probably from the kid you had with your sister. You were anxious to show your new found knowledge to everyone. I get it. Tell your daughter/niece that Shutdown says hello. Be great 😉

• Haha
Tell you what with all the Growth in the Belmont area I wouldn’t be surprised if Stuart Cramer and South Point are 4A schools in a few years..Condos and Appartments everywhere

Be honest you just learned a new word this week probably from the kid you had with your sister. You were anxious to show your new found knowledge to everyone. I get it. Tell your daughter/niece that Shutdown says hello. Be great 😉
Try again Jr. Someone else used the word first not me, apparently you didn't catch that part. Your team is good we know that, but our team ain't too bad either. So we'll see what happens come Friday at 7:30. Km should by all means win this game. All the pressure is on the kids from km and you never know how kids are going to respond to pressure.

Try again Jr. Someone else used the word first not me, apparently you didn't catch that part. Your team is good we know that, but our team ain't too bad either. So we'll see what happens come Friday at 7:30. Km should by all means win this game. All the pressure is on the kids from km and you never know how kids are going to respond to pressure.
SP always puts a solid product on the field. We know Raiders are capable. I’ve never insulted their team, just some of the fans at times. The kids from KM will be fine. Most of this group have been together since youth football and played in many big games together. These kids will embrace the challenge and the moment.

Last edited:
SP always puts a solid product on the field. We know Raiders are capable. I’ve never insulted their team, just some of the fans at times. This kids from KM will be fine. Most of this group have been together since youth football and played in many big games together. These kids will embrace the challenge and the moment.
I thought y'all were gonna win it in 98, I remember being there when bubba ran all over Kannapolis. I had a cousin on that team and played against all those guys, and played aau basketball with a couple km guys. I expect a slobber knocker ball game, should be a good one.

SP always puts a solid product on the field. We know Raiders are capable. I’ve never insulted their team, just some of the fans at times. This kids from KM will be fine. Most of this group have been together since youth football and played in many big games together. These kids will embrace the challenge and the moment.
Lol I insult our fans at times too 😆 🤣

SP beat a not so good Crest team, especially a terrible defensive team. A lot of Crest fans are screaming the problem is the DC. The problem with the Crest defense is that they play a lot of freshmen and sophomores. Freshmen and sophomores right out of middle school aren’t going to beat good teams with grown asz men. The DC is not the major issue here, a defense full of small, young, inexperienced players is the problem. Crest had plenty of scoring opportunities and but failed to convert. Credit to SP ‘s D. SP was flat out better.

KM has plenty of grown asz men and should beat SP. I look for KM to shut down the triple option and score plenty of points. SP has a lot of grown asz men as well, but are one dimensional offensively and their passing game is not good enough to carry them vs KM.

Having watched both teams play - I think KM wins by 2 TDs or more. This is two great coaching staffs going at it. KM takes this one with more talent.

Still the game must be played. Who knows….

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT